Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who raised Jesus from the dead?

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Maybe, unlike you, he isn't afraid of non-believers input. Maybe, unlike you, he is actually thinking about these questions rather than just blindly accepting what's been poured into the porches of his ears.
    You're only here to denigrate and blaspheme, Jim. As proven by your other thread in here that showed you had no real desire to do anything else.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Christian, why do you post a thread like this in Apologetics? If you only want believer input, it is better to post in Christianity.

Here you have to put up with atheist trolls who really have no sincere interest in your questions.

If you want the peanut gallery chiming in, as they have already done so here, then carry on.
    Thanks. I will keep that in mind.

3. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You're only here to denigrate and blaspheme, Jim. As proven by your other thread in here that showed you had no real desire to do anything else.
    Calling out nonsensical beliefs for what they are, i.e. nonsense, is not denigrating and blaspheming. It's holding people accountable for their words or actions based upon these beliefs.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

5. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassmoron View Post
    Yes, this is the standard doctrine of the Church known as the Hypostatic Union, it has been considered mainstream orthodoxy since the 5th Century. One glosses over the fact that it is logical nonsense.
    It depends on what one means by "100% God and 100% human". I take it to mean that Jesus has 100% of the qualities necessary to be God, and 100% of the qualities necessary to be human.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Why don't you just answer the question mossrose instead of being so defensive all the time. Are the 3 persons of the trinity each a separate soul? I mean Jesus was a soul, a spirit in a material body, right? So is the Father and the holy ghost separate spirits as well? Just wondering how christians think that works.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Why don't you just answer the question mossrose instead of being so defensive all the time. Are the 3 persons of the trinity each a separate soul? I mean Jesus was a soul, a spirit in a material body, right? So is the Father and the holy ghost separate spirits as well? Just wondering how christians think that works.

You don't care what Christians think, Jim. As I've repeated over and over.

You are swine, and I won't be casting any more pearls before you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It depends on what one means by "100% God and 100% human". I take it to mean that Jesus has 100% of the qualities necessary to be God, and 100% of the qualities necessary to be human.
    Hence Jesus is simultaneously 'fully God' and 'fully Man', i.e. a logical contradiction.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You don't care what Christians think, Jim. As I've repeated over and over.
    More to the point you don't care what non-Christians think...or even Christians that don't align with your particular version of Christianity.

You are swine, and I won't be casting any more pearls before you.
    Fake pearls!

11. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tass
    More to the point you don't care what non-Christians think...or even Christians that don't align with your particular version of Christianity.
    You're right. I don't care what unbelievers think. Why should I care about your opinion on Christianity? Why would I study falsehood when I can study the truth in God's word.

As for your other statement here, you are being very broad. Which is a fault of most unbelievers. All Christians, whether genuine or in-name-only, are lumped into the same boat.

However, you may all carry on with your blasphemy and denigration of God and His followers. I wipe your dust off my feet.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You're right. I don't care what unbelievers think. Why should I care about your opinion on Christianity?
    Because we live in a multicultural society in which the views of all citizens matter.

Why would I study falsehood when I can study the truth in God's word.
    What is this god of whom you speak?

As for your other statement here, you are being very broad. Which is a fault of most unbelievers. All Christians, whether genuine or in-name-only, are lumped into the same boat.
    They’re certainly not "lumped into the same boat". E.g. during the French wars of religion, the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre alone slaughtered more Christians than the persecution of Christian “martyrs” by all the Roman emperors combined. But then, Christians have a long history of this sort of thing, because there are so many different versions of “the truth in God's word”...to quote you above.

However, you may all carry on with your blasphemy and denigration of God and His followers. I wipe your dust off my feet.
    Yes, I know, as befitting bible Christians: “And wherever they do not receive you, when you leave that town shake off the dust from your feet as a testimony against them.” Luke 9.5. ...so many biblical passages upon which to base your Christian grievances against the wicked world!