Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Who raised Jesus from the dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Why don't you just answer the question mossrose instead of being so defensive all the time. Are the 3 persons of the trinity each a separate soul? I mean Jesus was a soul, a spirit in a material body, right? So is the Father and the holy ghost separate spirits as well? Just wondering how christians think that works.

You don't care what Christians think, Jim. As I've repeated over and over.

You are swine, and I won't be casting any more pearls before you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      It depends on what one means by "100% God and 100% human". I take it to mean that Jesus has 100% of the qualities necessary to be God, and 100% of the qualities necessary to be human.
      Hence Jesus is simultaneously 'fully God' and 'fully Man', i.e. a logical contradiction.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        You don't care what Christians think, Jim. As I've repeated over and over.
        More to the point you don't care what non-Christians think...or even Christians that don't align with your particular version of Christianity.

You are swine, and I won't be casting any more pearls before you.
        Fake pearls!
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tass
          More to the point you don't care what non-Christians think...or even Christians that don't align with your particular version of Christianity.
          You're right. I don't care what unbelievers think. Why should I care about your opinion on Christianity? Why would I study falsehood when I can study the truth in God's word.

As for your other statement here, you are being very broad. Which is a fault of most unbelievers. All Christians, whether genuine or in-name-only, are lumped into the same boat.

However, you may all carry on with your blasphemy and denigration of God and His followers. I wipe your dust off my feet.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            You're right. I don't care what unbelievers think. Why should I care about your opinion on Christianity?
            Because we live in a multicultural society in which the views of all citizens matter.

Why would I study falsehood when I can study the truth in God's word.
            What is this god of whom you speak?

As for your other statement here, you are being very broad. Which is a fault of most unbelievers. All Christians, whether genuine or in-name-only, are lumped into the same boat.
            They’re certainly not "lumped into the same boat". E.g. during the French wars of religion, the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre alone slaughtered more Christians than the persecution of Christian “martyrs” by all the Roman emperors combined. But then, Christians have a long history of this sort of thing, because there are so many different versions of “the truth in God's word”...to quote you above.

However, you may all carry on with your blasphemy and denigration of God and His followers. I wipe your dust off my feet.
            Yes, I know, as befitting bible Christians: “And wherever they do not receive you, when you leave that town shake off the dust from your feet as a testimony against them.” Luke 9.5. ...so many biblical passages upon which to base your Christian grievances against the wicked world!

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              It depends on what one means by "100% God and 100% human". I take it to mean that Jesus has 100% of the qualities necessary to be God, and 100% of the qualities necessary to be human.
              Hence Jesus is simultaneously 'fully God' and 'fully Man', i.e. a logical contradiction.
              Reluctant as I am do take MM's side over yours, having all the qualities necessary to be <something> is not the same as being fully <something>.

A wedge of hard cheese has all the qualities necessary to be a doorstop, but is not fully a doorstop.
              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                Reluctant as I am do take MM's side over yours, having all the qualities necessary to be <something> is not the same as being fully <something>.

A wedge of hard cheese has all the qualities necessary to be a doorstop, but is not fully a doorstop.
                I am fully a man and fully a US Citizen and fully a human being.

You just can't be two different things in the same way at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post

True, but MM’s understanding re "necessary qualities” is not the standard doctrine of the ‘hypostatic union’ which states unequivocally that Jesus Christ is one Person, fully God and fully man. It is a logical contradiction or paradox and recognized as such in theology. Kierkegaard said: “this paradox can only be resolved by a leap of faith away from one's understanding and reason towards belief in God; thus, the paradox of the hypostatic union was crucial to an abiding faith in the Christian God”. Philosophical Fragments, cited Wiki.

Comment

True, but MM’s understanding re "necessary qualities” is not the standard doctrine of the ‘hypostatic union’ which states unequivocally that Jesus Christ is one Person, fully God and fully man.
                    If you're arguing against the standard doctrine, not MM's understanding, then you're engaged in attacking a
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                      Not what I said. Rather, I would say that Jesus is essentially God and essentially human.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Not what I said. Rather, I would say that Jesus is essentially God and essentially human.
                        Well the standard doctrine of the ‘hypostatic union’ states unequivocally that Jesus Christ is one Person, simultaneously fully God and fully man. Is that what you are arguing?

Comment

Which, like most of what you think, doesn't make any sense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                            Well the standard doctrine of the ‘hypostatic union’ states unequivocally that Jesus Christ is one Person, simultaneously fully God and fully man. Is that what you are arguing?
                            I'm arguing what I'm arguing. Get a parent or older mentor to help you read through my posts if you're having difficulty with comprehension.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'm arguing what I'm arguing. Get a parent or older mentor to help you read through my posts if you're having difficulty with comprehension.
                              Well the standard doctrine of the ‘hypostatic union’ states unequivocally that Jesus Christ is one Person, simultaneously fully God and fully man. If, as it seems, this is what you are arguing then your argument is a logical contradiction.

Comment

Well the standard doctrine of the ‘hypostatic union’ states unequivocally that Jesus Christ is one Person, simultaneously fully God and fully man. If, as it seems, this is what you are arguing ...
                                It's not, not does it seem to be.

You're losing to a rug.

Comment