Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

National Emergency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A wall just attracts graffiti artists. And it is easily defeated by a ladder or even a knotted rope. Trump’s wall is a fool’s vanity project. The wall and Trump should be treated with truck loads of contempt.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      A wall just attracts graffiti artists.
      You say that like it's a bad thing! You have something against street art?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A wall just attracts graffiti artists. And it is easily defeated by a ladder or even a knotted rope. Trump’s wall is a fool’s vanity project. The wall and Trump should be treated with truck loads of contempt.
        And yet when you ask those who patrol and guard the border they seem to be all for one. Maybe they forgot to consult you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          And yet when you ask those who patrol and guard the border they seem to be all for one. Maybe they forgot to consult you.
          A wall, or physical barrier, will certainly slow them down and allow border patrol a better chance at apprehending them. Also, it leaves no doubt that they committed - on purpose - an illegal act. They can't say "well, gosh, we didn't know the border was right there!*"

*in many places, there's no real indication that the border is there -- not like there's a white line painted in the dirt.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Which explains why you have repeatedly revealed a knee-jerk propensity to hand wave virtually everything you don't like as being nothing more than a "right-wing meme"?
            If it's a right wing meme - I call it for what it is. You are free to call that "handwaving" if you wish. It makes little difference to me. When someone does not have the data to back up their positions - I point it out.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
              If it's a right wing meme - I call it for what it is. You are free to call that "handwaving" if you wish. It makes little difference to me.
              But for you we've seen on countless instances that a right wing meme is nothing more than something you disagree with and don't want to hear so you simply dismiss it. That is your track record.
              Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
              When someone does not have the data to back up their positions - I point it out.
              Usually by merely calling it a right wing meme and hand waving it off

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Maybe they forgot to consult you.
                It is true that the world would be much more heavenly if I were consulted about the big decisions more often.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

It is true that the world would be much more heavenly if I were consulted about the big decisions more often.
                  ...and we did the opposite of what you suggested?

Comment

But for you we've seen on countless instances that a right wing meme is nothing more than something you disagree with and don't want to hear so you simply dismiss it. That is your track record.
                    Your opinion is duly noted. I make an effort to back up my positions with stats and data drawn from multiple sources. You are free to point out when and where I have not. Otherwise...

But a meme is a meme is a meme - it's a statement or claim or theme broadly disseminated but rarely (if ever) founded on data. When I see them - I call them.

Usually by merely calling it a right wing meme and hand waving it off
                    Correct. What else should one do with a groundless claim?
                    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      You say that like it's a bad thing! You have something against street art?
                      Once again you make an excellent point. Unfortunately, not all graffiti artists are as talented as Banksy.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                        Once again you make an excellent point. Unfortunately, not all graffiti artists are as talented as Banksy.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                          You can always count on conservatives to reject a thought because it comes from a source they don't like.
                          Can I throw this in your face the next time you dismiss a Breitbart article?
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            These are awesome...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              So when you catch me rejecting a thought because it is in Breitbart - by all means you can "throw it in my face." I have never done that, to my knowledge, and I don't plan to start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                No you may not. Please, never read or mention Breitbart again.

Comment