Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jerry Falwell's two kingdoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    You definitely have reading comprehension problems there, little piggy.
    No amount of mocking is going to make you look any better, Jim.

Are you doing okay? You're usually better than this.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You definitely have reading comprehension problems there, little piggy.
      Jim, when one person constantly accuses others of reading comprehension problems, it's a good idea to look for a common denominator. That would be you.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nice spin. That's not what I asked. Your non answer says it all.
        Sorry dork. I don't put words in Jesus' mouth.

Yes we do dictate it when we vote for those whose principles we support. You vote for republicans who are anti a government that taxes and spends in order to make life better for all it's citizens in favor of one that says to hell with the losers, let them die and decrease the surplus population.
        Wow, you really hate self sufficiency, don't you? You'd rather people stay beholden to the government for their entire lives. Wow...
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Jim, when one person constantly accuses others of reading comprehension problems, it's a good idea to look for a common denominator. That would be you.
          Hey, I can't help it if you are all a bit daft. You all voted for Trump, nough said.

Comment

Hey, I can't help it if you are all a bit daft. You all voted for Trump, nough said.
            Right... everyone ELSE is crazy....
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              Right... everyone ELSE is crazy....
              Nope, but you Trump supporters obviously have a few screws lose.

Comment

Nope, but you Trump supporters....
                Do you think that if you repeat a lie often enough it becomes true?
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  No, that's your presidents trick.

Comment

He's becoming more Trumpian every day!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He's becoming more Trumpian every day!
                      You voted for him.

Comment

You voted for him.
                        I did. And you're becoming more like him every day.

Comment

I did. And you're becoming more like him every day.
                          Only in the worst ways.

sigpic

Comment

Only in the worst ways.
                            Well, yeah, that.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]34307[/ATTACH]
                              Well, I think you lost some very fundamental stuff too. The idea that you cannot avoid personal obligation and cannot have anyone take your responsibility to others away is one i agree with. The idea, however, that you can freely vote, support and encourage those who do what is bad or evil towards the least of these is, however, one I disagree with.

Basically, I think many Christians miss the responsibility voting and advocating for certain policies casts upon them.

I have always found it a little bit absurd that some people claim it is their personal obligation to take care of those in need and it is not a government issue. And then they, personally, go and vote for those who will make it even worse for those in need.

I am sure you have all found your ways to get out of that problem too. And if not I await another picture of some sort.
                              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                                ... The idea, however, that you can freely vote, support and encourage those who do what is bad or evil towards the least of these is, however, one I disagree with. ...
                                Which is why I could not - did not - vote for Hillary. She was clearly for the evil of murdering unborn children - something with which both Jesus and Moses were targeted. Unborn children are the ULTIMATE "least of these".

Comment