Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jerry Falwell's two kingdoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Which is why I could not - did not - vote for Hillary. She was clearly for the evil of murdering unborn children - something with which both Jesus and Moses were targeted. Unborn children are the ULTIMATE "least of these".
    I don't disagree. The continued support for Trump - even at his very worst - is, however, not justified by the fact that Hillary was the other choice. Trump would probably be better if some of his voters were better at holding him accountable.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      I don't disagree.
      It was the choice I had at the time, and I don't regret DEselecting Hillary.

The continued support for Trump - even at his very worst - is, however, not justified by the fact that Hillary was the other choice. Trump would probably be better if some of his voters were better at holding him accountable.
      He is POTUS. My responsibility is to pray for those in power. I do, frequently.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        It was the choice I had at the time, and I don't regret DEselecting Hillary.

That does not imply everything he did after election was right and that he should not be held accountable.

He is POTUS. My responsibility is to pray for those in power. I do, frequently.
        The ongoing political debate is ment to influence the powers that be while they have the power. Praying for someone does not imply that you agree with them and that you can't hold them accountable. I am not claiming you say so. I just think those perspectives are a little absent in the thoughts you provide.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

I don't disagree. The continued support for Trump - even at his very worst - is, however, not justified by the fact that Hillary was the other choice. Trump would probably be better if some of his voters were better at holding him accountable.
          Nobody here - not even Mountain Man - does anything like support Trump at his very worst. And voters will next have the opportunity to hold Trump accountable in early November 2020.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The ongoing political debate is ment to influence the powers that be while they have the power.
            Do you HONESTLY believe Trump would be influenced by anything you or I say? Especially on an internet discussion board?

Praying for someone does not imply that you agree with them and that you can't hold them accountable.
            I often disagree with him, and God will hold him responsible.

I am not claiming you say so.
            Good

I just think those perspectives are a little absent in the thoughts you provide.
            You are free to ask for more information.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Nobody here - not even Mountain Man - does anything like support Trump at his very worst. And voters will next have the opportunity to hold Trump accountable in early November 2020.
              I don't remember seeing anything MM did not support. He has made statements claiming he dislikes some of the stuff Trump has done in his personal life and said something about his personality. When it comes to his actual policy I don't remember seeing a single instance of MM disagreeing with Trump. That is not to say it never happened and I'd be interested in seeing examples.

Voters always have the possibility of holding those in power accountable. To think it happens only at elections is naive.

Comment

I don't remember seeing anything MM did not support. He has made statements claiming he dislikes some of the stuff Trump has done in his personal life and said something about his personality. When it comes to his actual policy I don't remember seeing a single instance of MM disagreeing with Trump. That is not to say it never happened and I'd be interested in seeing examples.
                I don't recall any mention of policy in your prior post.
                Voters always have the possibility of holding those in power accountable. To think it happens only at elections is naive.
                How so?
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

[QUOTE=One Bad Pig;603832]I don't recall any mention of policy in your prior post.

But it has been discussed a lot in our threads. Call it what you like. I don't remember MM disagreeing with Trump in any way, shape or form on anything but how he lived his personal life and perhaps he disliked his form a few times. The body slam stuff, the family separations and stuff like that? I don't remember any criticism at all. I'd be interested in seeing it if it is there.

How so?
                  Expressing opinions loud and clear. Letting your voice be heard. Sending clear signals on what you support and don't support. If all Evangelicals had had the heart and the courage to say to Trump that he would lose their vote the next time unless he stopped the family separations at once, it could have happened at an earlier point. Now, Evangelicals at large (not all) did not have that heart and did not use their opportunity. Too bad.

Comment

I don't recall any mention of policy in your prior post.
                    But it has been discussed a lot in our threads. Call it what you like. I don't remember MM disagreeing with Trump in any way, shape or form on anything but how he lived his personal life and perhaps he disliked his form a few times. The body slam stuff, the family separations and stuff like that? I don't remember any criticism at all. I'd be interested in seeing it if it is there.
                    None of that was in your prior post. I can't read your mind. I responded to what was there.
                    Expressing opinions loud and clear. Letting your voice be heard. Sending clear signals on what you support and don't support. If all Evangelicals had had the heart and the courage to say to Trump that he would lose their vote the next time unless he stopped the family separations at once, it could have happened at an earlier point. Now, Evangelicals at large (not all) did not have that heart and did not use their opportunity. Too bad.
                    I asked how, not what.

I'm also not an Evangelical.

sigpic

Comment

I have always found it a little bit absurd that some people claim it is their personal obligation to take care of those in need and it is not a government issue. And then they, personally, go and vote for those who will make it even worse for those in need. .
                      Depends on what you consider "worse".
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                        I have always found it a little bit absurd that some people claim it is their personal obligation to take care of those in need and it is not a government issue. And then they, personally, go and vote for those who will make it even worse for those in need.
                        democrat_slavery_cartoon.jpg
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]34354[/ATTACH]
                          All ya gotta do is stay on the plantation and vote like we tell ya.

Comment