Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AR15 Made For 'Unfair' Fight...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

AR15 Made For 'Unfair' Fight...

Well yes it did, and...

Grandfather of Oklahoma teen killed by homeowner in burglary says AR15 made for 'unfair' fight

Three Oklahoma teenagers were killed last week when they broke into a house and were met by a homeowner with an AR15. Now the grandfather of one of the teenagers is speaking out about his grandson's death.

According to KTUL-TV, Leroy Schumacher, grandfather of 17-year-old Jacob Redfearn, believes the death of Redfearn was unjustified because the homeowner's AR15 gave him an unfair advantage over the three burglars.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/0...r-unfair-fight
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What is this country coming to when an honest criminal can't ply his trade without encountering superior force at the hands of a law-abiding citizen?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

3. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Apparently, they were never taught such things as 'never bring a knife to a gunfight'?

Unfair, indeed!!!
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

5. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Well yes it did, and...
    Reminds me of the time as a young teen four older boys decided that they were going to kick my butt basically because they thought they could. That was until I pulled out my hunting knife. They quickly backed off with one whining that I must think I was tough because I had a knife to which I replied that they must have thought they were tough when they were going to attack me 4 on 1.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

7. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Reminds me of the time as a young teen four older boys decided that they were going to kick my butt basically because they thought they could. That was until I pulled out my hunting knife. They quickly backed off with one whining that I must think I was tough because I had a knife to which I replied that they must have thought they were tough when they were going to attack me 4 on 1.
    Kind of reminds me of the scene at the end of Stand By Me.

"What, are you going to shoot all of us?"
    "No, just you."
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

9. Amen Cow Poke, One Bad Pig, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Did he actually say that he believes "the death of Redfearn was unjustified because the homeowner's AR15 gave him an unfair advantage over the three burglars"? Because that's not in quotes, that's the newspaper's description, and I don't see that in the actual quotes listed. His point seems to be that he's saying the owner used excessive force and didn't need to kill all three of them.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    Did he actually say that he believes "the death of Redfearn was unjustified because the homeowner's AR15 gave him an unfair advantage over the three burglars"? Because that's not in quotes, that's the newspaper's description, and I don't see that in the actual quotes listed. His point seems to be that he's saying the owner used excessive force and didn't need to kill all three of them.

"What these three boys did was stupid," Schumacher said. "They knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to die."

"Brass knuckles against an AR-15? C'mon. Who was afraid for their life?" Schumacher said.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    "What these three boys did was stupid," Schumacher said. "They knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to die."

"Brass knuckles against an AR-15? C'mon. Who was afraid for their life?" Schumacher said.
    But that's not saying anything about it being unfair. It's just going back to the excessive force argument, that he shouldn't have killed them (or at least shouldn't have killed them all) because they weren't a danger to him in that situation.

There's reasons to reject that argument, but it's more coherent than the claim of it being "unfair" made it out to be.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    But that's not saying anything about it being unfair. It's just going back to the excessive force argument, that he shouldn't have killed them (or at least shouldn't have killed them all) because they weren't a danger to him in that situation.

There's reasons to reject that argument, but it's more coherent than the claim of it being "unfair" made it out to be.
    Well Brass knuckles against an AR-15 seems to be eluding to the advantage the homeowner had.

14. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Maybe the US Representatives will vote to provide AR-15s to youths who will be breaking into homes.

It is true that theft is not to be punished by death but when someone has broken into your house, it is not easy to determine what arms the trespassers have. Also, there can be legal problems arising from injuring someone rather than killing them -- from what I've heard.

One thing not considered here ... the man protecting his house likely is suffering the pain of killing intruders.