Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

AR15 Made For 'Unfair' Fight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Preachers with Assault Weapons! What would Starlight think?
    Jesus did tell his disciples to arm themselves with swords, which were the best personal defense weapons available at the time.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Preachers with Assault Weapons! What would Starlight think?

I can see you standing at the pew now (maybe we should call it the pew-pew?) brandishing your AR-15!

"Now, I am gonna pass around the plate. Just give what ya feel the good Lord is asking you to give. No pressure. None, whatsoever..."
      We did our Missions offering for December, and I had the little kids run out into the congregation to collect money.... They CLEANED HOUSE!!!! I should let them take up the offering EVERY time.

How can you NOT give to this little guy?

clarke.jpg
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Jesus did tell his disciples to arm themselves with swords, which were the best personal defense weapons available at the time.
        That was merely to protect themselves against roaming herds of wild camels. And to use as eating utensils.

Comment

That was merely to protect themselves against roaming herds of wild camels. And to use as eating utensils.
          Right. And it was all to teach Peter a lesson about carrying a sword but not using it. Or... something...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Right. And it was all to teach Peter a lesson about carrying a sword but not using it. Or... something...
            Oh I forgot about that. The other use was so they could give each other haircuts. but as we see with Peter, he needed more practice. That poor soldier.

Comment

Oh I forgot about that. The other use was so they could give each other haircuts. but as we see with Peter, he needed more practice. That poor soldier.
              Incidentally, I love how this moment was depicted in The Passion of the Christ, where Jesus heals the soldier, and then the camera forgets about him until the very end of the scene as Jesus is being led off by the soldiers, and then the camera tilts down to the one soldier sitting in stunned silence touching his healed ear.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                If someone with brass knuckles is breaking into my home, I'm not going to put my gun down and say, "Oh, you've got brass knuckles? Let me get mine too so this will be a fair fight." I want it to be as unfair a fight as possible for the intruder.
                Keep in mind that police say that one was also carrying a knife. Whether or not it was just a small pen knife or something that is useful as a deadly weapon was not made clear. Still, there's no reason any occupant of a home that they're invading ought not need to stand around and find out. Apparently he was barricading himself into a room when he called 9-1-1 so it seems that he wasn't confronting them but the other way around. Still, we'll have to wait for the official report.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Keep in mind that police say that one was also carrying a knife. Whether or not it was just a small pen knife or something that is useful as a deadly weapon was not made clear. Still, there's no reason any occupant of a home that they're invading ought not need to stand around and find out. Apparently he was barricading himself into a room when he called 9-1-1 so it seems that he wasn't confronting them but the other way around. Still, we'll have to wait for the official report.
                  It happened 7 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                    Those teens caused their own tragic deaths from the many poor choices they made. Why do some young people ruin their lives with bad choices? Yeah, they were rotten crooks, but it is always tragic for a person to end up in a life of crime.
                    It isn't just young people

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It happened 7 years ago.
                      Then why all the news accounts from 2017?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Then why all the news accounts from 2017?
                        ah I mistook the 7 for a 2 when I glanced at it. Still almost two years old. If there was any report released it was long ago.

Comment

A story from Oct 2018:

----------
                          A 23-year-old woman has been convicted of murder more than a year and half after three teenage accomplices were shot and killed while breaking into a Wagoner County residence.

Elizabeth Rodriguez, 23, pleaded guilty to three second-degree murder charges, according to court records. Rodriguez was alleged to have orchestrated the March 27, 2017, burglary of a home in the 9100 block of Clearview Drive, near Broken Arrow.

She was sentenced to 45 years in prison with all but the first 32 years suspended, according to court minutes.

Her three accomplices – Maxwell Cook, 18, and Jacob Redfearn, 18, both of Collinsville, and Jaykob Woodruff, 15, of Owasso – entered the home early one afternoon through a back door and encountered Zach Peters, who had armed himself with an AR-15 semiautomatic rifle upon hearing the break-in.

Their initial plan reportedly was to take what they could from the unattached garage and get out. The quartet returned after taking liquor and other small items from the garage. Rodriguez was alleged to have instructed Redfearn and Woodruff to search the main residence while she waited in the car. The teens, dressed in black and covering their faces with masks, kicked in a back glass door.

Peters was asleep at the time and retrieved a semiautomatic rifle when he heard loud bangs. He stepped into the hallway and caught sight of the intruders. He opened fire before retreating into his bedroom and barricading the door.

Peters called 911 and told the dispatcher three men broke into his house and that he shot two of them in the upper chest. All three were struck by gunfire and died from those wounds. Investigators found one armed with a knife and another was carrying brass knuckles, according to a previous story. Cook, Redfearn and Woodruff were wearing masks when they encountered the resident near the home’s kitchen.

Later that afternoon, while authorities combed over the crime scene in search of evidence, Rodriguez arrived at the Broken Arrow Police Department and turned herself in to officers. She admitted at the time to having driven the car that dropped off the teens.

Rodriguez was eventually arrested and then charged with three counts of first-degree murder in connection to the deaths of her accomplices. Authorities said she was charged with murder because Woodruff, Redfearn and Cook died while she was in the commission of felony.

Rodriguez pleaded guilty to a litany of charges among her two misdemeanor cases and felony case in Wagoner County.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/communiti...504dd29e7.html

Comment

ah I mistook the 7 for a 2 when I glanced at it. Still almost two years old. If there was any report released it was long ago.
                            And apparently no updates that it wasn't ruled to be self-defense.

ETA: Just saw your update which confirms it.
                            Last edited by rogue06; 01-08-2019, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Wagoner County officials said Monday the 23-year-old who shot and killed three masked intruders inside his home on March 27 acted justifiably and would not be charged with any crime.

At a press conference on Monday, First Assistant District Attorney Jack Thorp read an official letter from the DA’s office, which said Peters “acted in accordance with his rights as an Oklahoma citizen.”

The DA’s office sent the official letter declining to prosecute or pursue any charges against Peters to the Wagoner County Sheriff’s Office on Monday, April 3.

“Upon my review of his interview, it appears that he (Peters) was in fear for his life as he perceived the intruders and discharged his weapon at the intruders,” District Attorney Brian Kuester states in the letter.

Kuester concludes Peters acted in accordance with the Oklahoma statue entitled Physical or Deadly Force Against Intruder (21 O.S. 1289.25).

“My deputies have worked tirelessly on this case ever since it happened to make sure we do a good job,” Wagoner County Sheriff Chris Elliott said Monday. “They’ve investigated this meticulously, diligently, and we’ve looked at every piece of evidence.”

Thorp said at Monday’s press conference that Elizabeth Marie Rodriguez, 21, who was arrested for her involvement in the home invasion and subsequent deaths, has officially been charged with three counts of first-degree murder by the DA’s office.

The range of punishment for murder in the first degree, Thorp said, includes three possible punishments; death, life without the possibility of parole or life.

She also faces a first-degree burglary charge and a second degree burglary charge, according to court records.

“Like every other jurisdiction in the country, we too have seen burglaries ... an increased number of burglaries happening in Wagoner County,” Elliott said. “We are working diligently with other law enforcement agencies and the community to try and thwart these burglaries.”

Rodriguez was arrested after she turned herself in to authorities shortly following the home invasion and shooting. She stated to investigators that she had “planned the robbery and drove the vehicle,” according to authorities.

On Thursday, she told reporters in an interview from the jail that she was sorry for her part in the crime, claiming she did not plan to kill any of them but did admit to her part in the robbery attempt.

Jaykob Woodriff, 16, Jacob Redfearn, 17, and Maxwell Cook, 19, were wearing all-black and masks when they broke into Peters’ home on Monday, March 27 around noon.

After hearing loud noises that woke Peters, who was at the home alone at the time, he encountered the three intruders inside his home. Armed with an AR-15 assault rifle, Peters fired, killing all three.

Authorities said one was armed with brass knuckles and another had a knife.

“At the sheriff’s office, we’re very troubled by this. We don’t want to see this in our county,” Sheriff Elliott said. “But we support the right of our citizens ... the right to bear arms and to defend their homes in this county.”

“In this such, we feel strongly that that’s what took place here,” he continued. “We don’t want to see this type of thing in our county, obviously, but we are also in the United States and in a state that affords our citizens the right to defend themselves.”

Within minutes of firing the shots, Peters called 911 and requested medical personnel for the wounded intruders, telling the dispatcher “one of ‘em’s shot bad.”

“Our condolences are extended to the families (of Woodriff, Redfearn and Cook)” Thorp said on Monday.

Originally it was reported that Rodriguez may have personally known Peters, however, she confirmed to authorities last week that “she had no connection” with him, according to Deputy Nick Mahoney, spokesman for the sheriff’s office.

After waiving her right to an attorney, Rodriguez told investigators Wednesday that “she did not know Zach Peters,” but said she “indirectly became aware of Peters’ father.”

“She said she determined Peters had money and expensive belongings, and that was why she selected his home, to ‘hit a lick,’” Mahoney said.
                              https://www.tulsaworld.com/communiti...404a5fbab.html

Comment