Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's National Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    To be fair, those were some of the ugliest shoes to ever grace the silver screen.
    l0uMf4s.gif
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      I believe it because that is what the evidence tells me. Your inability to provide even ONE link to a cogent speech contributes to that evidence. You can claim, "I'm not interested," if you wish - but it is odd that you were interested up until I posed the challenge. And if Trump is so good - it should be an easy challenge to respond to indeed. There are MANY examples of Trump's speeches online. Just pick the one you fond to be most cogent.

Or not. Up to you. But if you can't, I'll stick with what the evidence of my ears has shown me: Trump is a verbal nightmare.
      I would be happy to see what MM would point to. A good Trump speech is seemingly hard to find even for Mountain Man.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

And yet the same people have watched him and have come to different conclusions.
        And I think they are wrong. So the problem is...?

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        It’s almost as if you keep claiming to be a centerist and yet hold to positions that dominate those on the left.
        Because I hold a position that is held by another group does not make it "uninformed." I also believe unions need to be better controlled and mandatory membership needs to be eliminated; a position largely held by people on the right. Does that make me automatically "biased" by the positions on the right? Bias is rooted in why someone has a position. If I have my position BECAUSE it is left-leaning, then it is biased. If I have my position because I have looked at the issues and the man and arrived at that conclusion it is not.

You seem totally unaware of your own biasness.
        Your opinion is noted. You're wrong - but I'm fairly sure you won't believe that.

Sorry, but reality doesn’t match up to this claim at all. You have posted classic lie list that mainly chalk up to differences in opinion and totally ignore that the same people saying, “What about the children!” Flat out lied when they posted pictures of children in cages claiming those pictures were taken under the Trump presidency when they were actually taken under the Obama presidency. Sorry, but what you ignore in calling Trump a liar is the lies his opponents spread in the process. The difference is that his opponents have a media that doesn’t care about all the lies his opponents spread and are actually active in lying themselves.
        You are welcome to point out which items on my list are inaccurate. As far as I can tell - each of them deals with historical matters of fact that Trump has misrepresented, usually by providing false information. If that were done once - it could be chalked up to being a mistake. That it is repeated multiple times AFTER it has been shown to be false makes it an intentional lie.

Of course they are because I’m not in sky is falling panic mode that you seem to be stuck in. I don’t have to assume anything, I just have to watch you’re separated from reality statements and make the paranoid statements you make. Thinking Trump won because half of America are just all racist bigots is as paranoid as one can get.
        I don't believe I have ever said or implied that Trump won because half the country is racially bigoted - so you appear to be attributing thing to me I have not said. That seems to happen around here a great deal. However, if you disagree - simply provide a link to the post where I said anything like that.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Here we go.

Sixty years ago, an episode of a TV showed called “Trackdown” told the story of a conman named Trump who warns people that the world will be destroyed and that only he can save them … by building a wall.

https://www.thewrap.com/trump-villai...ll-save-world/

Sound familiar?

Wow so now you think 60 year-old fictional TV shows are exposing Trump's secret plan to you?

Do you hear voices too?
          Last edited by Sparko; 01-11-2019, 11:23 AM.

Comment

And I think they are wrong. So the problem is...
            Why are they wrong and you’re right?

Because I hold a position that is held by another group does not make it "uninformed." I also believe unions need to be better controlled and mandatory membership needs to be eliminated; a position largely held by people on the right. Does that make me automatically "biased" by the positions on the right? Bias is rooted in why someone has a position. If I have my position BECAUSE it is left-leaning, then it is biased. If I have my position because I have looked at the issues and the man and arrived at that conclusion it is not.
            I know plenty of liberals and consertives that have a few opposite leaning positions and I would even say most people likely have a few positions that lean opposite from their general political leanings. That doesn’t change the fact though that most of your positions you’re commented on here show a distinct left lean with a left biasness.

Your opinion is noted. You're wrong - but I'm fairly sure you won't believe that.
            And as you said, all I have to do is observe and while you make claims of being a centralist, most of the positions you argue in favor of are left leaning positions.

You are welcome to point out which items on my list are inaccurate. As far as I can tell - each of them deals with historical matters of fact that Trump has misrepresented, usually by providing false information. If that were done once - it could be chalked up to being a mistake. That it is repeated multiple times AFTER it has been shown to be false makes it an intentional lie.
            As I pointed out, the whole, “Please think of the children!” line started out with a huge lie by Trump’s opponents. A fact you gloss over, why?

I don't believe I have ever said or implied that Trump won because half the country is racially bigoted - so you appear to be attributing thing to me I have not said. That seems to happen around here a great deal. However, if you disagree - simply provide a link to the post where I said anything like that.
            Your own words:

My issue was not with Trump - it was with Trump represented. The population of the United States put a demonstrable liar, bully, and in almost every measurable way, immoral man in the highest office in the land. They did so because he was a popular reality TV star, and he was spewing hate that they loved and glommed onto. My issue was not with Trump per se - it was with what it says about the people in this country that they would, in such numbers, support such a human being.
            Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 01-11-2019, 11:53 AM.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Wow so now you think 60 year-old fictional TV shows are exposing Trump's secret plan to you?

Do you hear voices too?
              He's precious.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                He's precious.
                There is this one website where this lady, Nancy Lieder thinks some Starburst candy told her about the Zeta Reticulans, aliens that are supposed to be trying to crash planet X into the earth.

Comment

Why are they wrong and you’re right?
                  About what, specifically?

I know plenty of liberals and consertives that have a few opposite leaning positions and I would even say most people likely have a few positions that lean opposite from their general political leanings. That doesn’t change the fact though that most of your positions you’re commented on here show a distinct left lean with a left biasness.
                  Most of my social positions lean left - which I've said many times. Fiscally I lean right. They lean left (or right) for reasons I can outline and quantify. The term "bias" is defined to mean "prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair." To make the case that I am "biased" you would have to show that the positions I hold are unreasonable or unfair. Otherwise... :shrug"

And as you said, all I have to do is observe and while you make claims of being a centralist, most of the positions you argue in favor of are left leaning positions.
                  Please find any place where I have claimed to be a "centrist." While it has been said multiple times about me, it is not a claim I have ever made. I have claimed to be a moderate, which means that most of my views tend to be more centrist than they are extreme. But each view, on each topic, leans left or right to some degree.

As I pointed out, the whole, “Please think of the children!” line started out with a huge lie by Trump’s opponents. A fact you gloss over, why?
                  I don't believe I have said anything about "please think of the children" - so I have no response.

Your own words:
                  So exactly where, in what you just posted, did I accused anyone of being a racist or bigot?
                  Last edited by carpedm9587; 01-11-2019, 04:10 PM.
                  The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

About what, specifically?
                    Anything. You seem to be totally convinced that reading Trump in the worst possible light is the best way to read a word he says.

Most of my social positions lean left - which I've said many times. Fiscally I lean right. They lean left (or right) for reasons I can outline and quantify. The term "bias" is defined to mean "prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair." To make the case that I am "biased" you would have to show that the positions I hold are unreasonable or unfair. Otherwise... :shrug"
                    Sorry, but concepts of economic jystice are classic left positions or did you not really mean what you said to seer?

Please find any place where I have claimed to be a "centrist." While it has been said multiple times about me, it is not a claim I have ever made. I have claimed to be a moderate, which means that most of my views tend to be more centrist than they are extreme. But each view, on each topic, leans left or right to some degree.
                    “I have claimed to be a moderate, which means that most of my views tend to be more centrist than they are extreme.”

Do you like not read what you say at all?

I don't believe I have said anything about "please think of the children" - so I have no response.
                    So you’ve said not a word about boarder patrol separating parents from their children and said that Trump lied when he said this was a policy under Obama and Clinton? You also have no idea the entire debate, which was sparked by pictures of children in cages that was said to have happened under Trump, but turned out to be a lie because those pictures were taken under the Obama administration? Interesting, but I’m sure you’ll hand wave away lies spread by Trumps opponents while attacking Trump for lying.

So exactly where, in what you just posted, did I accused anyone of being a racist or bigot?
                    What does this phrase:

“...he was spewing hate that they loved and glommed onto.”

Mean to you? What hate was he spewing that they loved?

I look forward to your next dodge of trying to get out from your own words.

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Anything. You seem to be totally convinced that reading Trump in the worst possible light is the best way to read a word he says.
                      He is what he is. I didn't make him that way.

Sorry, but concepts of economic jystice are classic left positions or did you not really mean what you said to seer?
                      Of course I meant it. I didn't say ALL my fiscal positions were right - nor are all of my social positions left. I said I lean right fiscally, and strongly left socially. And you still have not demonstrated bias - other than to accuse me of it because I have views that lean to one political side or the other. That is not bias. So you'll have to do better. Or you can continue to think of me as biased. It doesn't make much difference to me.

“I have claimed to be a moderate, which means that most of my views tend to be more centrist than they are extreme.”

Yep - but I am wondering if you actually do. So take a line, mark the left with an L, the right with an R, and the center with a C. When someone says they are a moderate, what they are saying is that their views generally tend closer to the center than to either extreme. That does not mean all of my views are dead center, or even some of my views are dead center. If you create a scatter plot of my views, some will be to the left, and some more strongly to the left. Others will be to the right, and a few somewhat strongly to the right. If you average them out - I'd be somewhat left of center. But my views run across the spectrum. I can't think of a single view where I am dead center in my beliefs.

You seem to be having a hard time with this concept. It's really quite simple - and not dizzying at all. Hopefully that explanation will help you grasp it.

Do you like not read what you say at all?
                      Usually. My big problem is I tend to proof AFTER I've posted, and then go back and edit. It's a bad habit.

So you’ve said not a word about boarder patrol separating parents from their children and said that Trump lied when he said this was a policy under Obama and Clinton?
                      Yes - I did. Both statement are accurate and not a matter of opinion.

You also have no idea the entire debate, which was sparked by pictures of children in cages that was said to have happened under Trump, but turned out to be a lie because those pictures were taken under the Obama administration?
                      I am aware that pictures were erroneously posted and attributed to Trump when they were pictures taken under the Obama administration. I am also aware that they were not pictures taken of children intentionally separated from their parents, but rather were pictures taken of children at a time when a flood of children crossed the border and overwhelmed the capabilities of the border patrol to house them. The situation was temporary and resolved as quickly as possible, as best I can tell from my research.

Interesting, but I’m sure you’ll hand wave away lies spread by Trumps opponents while attacking Trump for lying.
                      So - here are the facts. The pictures originated with a tweet (I believe he actually shared someone else's tweet) by Jon Favreau, a former speech writer for Obama. He posted the tweet, within minutes realized he had failed to check the dates and that they were incorrect, and deleted the tweet, posting an apology for the error. Unfortunately, he had about a million followers at the time, and the tweet went viral quickly. His original tweet was grabbed by Twitchy and the became the focus of a Fox News article. The article, of course, reported on the original tweet, but not on Favreau's retraction and apology. There are several sources that describe the sequence. One of them is here.

What does this phrase:

“...he was spewing hate that they loved and glommed onto.”

Mean to you? What hate was he spewing that they loved?
                      I've already responded to this in previous posts. I'll let those responses stand. Repeating myself is getting a bit tedious.

I look forward to your next dodge of trying to get out from your own words.

Comment

He is what he is. I didn't make him that way.
                        And yet you get annoyed when people read you in a worse way than you intend, but you refuse to extend the slightest grace to Trump. He isn’t a very good person, but he’s not a villain either.

Of course I meant it. I didn't say ALL my fiscal positions were right - nor are all of my social positions left. I said I lean right fiscally, and strongly left socially. And you still have not demonstrated bias - other than to accuse me of it because I have views that lean to one political side or the other. That is not bias. So you'll have to do better. Or you can continue to think of me as biased. It doesn't make much difference to me.
                        Sorry, but the theory of economic justice wouldn’t make you very fiscally conservative at all. It’s a pretty classic socialist position that usually entails some form of wealth redistribution through government action which well... is pretty opposite of fisically conservative .

Yep - but I am wondering if you actually do. So take a line, mark the left with an L, the right with an R, and the center with a C. When someone says they are a moderate, what they are saying is that their views generally tend closer to the center than to either extreme. That does not mean all of my views are dead center, or even some of my views are dead center. If you create a scatter plot of my views, some will be to the left, and some more strongly to the left. Others will be to the right, and a few somewhat strongly to the right. If you average them out - I'd be somewhat left of center. But my views run across the spectrum. I can't think of a single view where I am dead center in my beliefs.
                        Centeralist wouldn’t mean dead center on every issue anyone than liberal or conservative means always left or right. In the political discussions, I’ve always seen moderate and centeralist used almost to mean the same thing. I suspect this is another one of your odd definition moments where you define definitions that few others use.

You seem to be having a hard time with this concept. It's really quite simple - and not dizzying at all. Hopefully that explanation will help you grasp it.
                        I understand the concept just fine. You just try to pretend you are close to center when your positions are mainly more left than center.

Usually. My big problem is I tend to proof AFTER I've posted, and then go back and edit. It's a bad habit.
                        I wonder since you amusingly attempt to claim you’ve never said you’re a centeralist while saying you are.

Yes - I did. Both statement are accurate and not a matter of opinion.
                        We’re not debating that. We’re debating the fact you seem to gloss over that Trump’s opponents have a truth telling problem themselves.

I am aware that pictures were erroneously posted and attributed to Trump when they were pictures taken under the Obama administration. I am also aware that they were not pictures taken of children intentionally separated from their parents, but rather were pictures taken of children at a time when a flood of children crossed the border and overwhelmed the capabilities of the border patrol to house them. The situation was temporary and resolved as quickly as possible, as best I can tell from my research.
                        Would you of had the same reaction about it being ‘temporary’ I f it was under Trump? Anyway, you keep flossing over the fact that Trump’s opponents seem to have issues telling the truth themselves and often lie as much as Trump does. The difference is you don’t seem to care about their lies and not only that, but you find an excuse to excuse away bad things happening under Obama while yet again, extending none to Trump. It doesn’t matter if children were locked up in a cage for 10 minutes or days. I’d be arrested for child abuse if I ever did that to a child. Why does it being the US government, under Obama, make it any better?

So - here are the facts. The pictures originated with a tweet (I believe he actually shared someone else's tweet) by Jon Favreau, a former speech writer for Obama. He posted the tweet, within minutes realized he had failed to check the dates and that they were incorrect, and deleted the tweet, posting an apology for the error. Unfortunately, he had about a million followers at the time, and the tweet went viral quickly. His original tweet was grabbed by Twitchy and the became the focus of a Fox News article. The article, of course, reported on the original tweet, but not on Favreau's retraction and apology. There are several sources that describe the sequence. One of them is here.
                        And that changes the fact that millions of people spread this lie, it was repeated often, and that the Obama administration was separating parents from their children and locking them up into cages? Yet again, it amazes me how someone that attacks Trump for lying is so willing to extend grace to Trump’s opponents and glosses over the fact that the Obama administration was abusing children.

I've already responded to this in previous posts. I'll let those responses stand. Repeating myself is getting a bit tedious.
                        In other words, you hand waved it away and don’t want to bother to handbwave it away again. I guess it does get tiring demanding grace from the very people you refuse to do the same thing to, huh?
                        Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 01-12-2019, 10:05 AM.
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And yet you get annoyed when people read you in a worse way than you intend, but you refuse to extend the slightest grace to Trump. He isn’t a very good person, but he’s not a villain either.
                          Then we disagree. Trump is a pretty vile human being. As with most people, he is not completely devoid of saving graces and strengths. But overall, he leans to the negative very, very strongly, IMO.

Sorry, but the theory of economic justice wouldn’t make you very fiscally conservative at all. It’s a pretty classic socialist position that usually entails some form of wealth redistribution through government action which well... is pretty opposite of fisically conservative.
                          Yes - some of my fiscal views lean left - and some of my social views lean right. At no point have I ever claimed otherwise. If, in your mind, any presence of a left-leaning fiscal view makes me "left," so be it. As I said, it doesn't matter all that much how you decide to assess me.

Centeralist wouldn’t mean dead center on every issue anyone than liberal or conservative means always left or right. In the political discussions, I’ve always seen moderate and centeralist used almost to mean the same thing. I suspect this is another one of your odd definition moments where you define definitions that few others use.
                          Your opinion is duly noted.

I understand the concept just fine. You just try to pretend you are close to center when your positions are mainly more left than center.

I wonder since you amusingly attempt to claim you’ve never said you’re a centeralist while saying you are.

We’re not debating that. We’re debating the fact you seem to gloss over that Trump’s opponents have a truth telling problem themselves.
                          I don't recall ever saying that Trump's opponents were the shining example of honesty. Everyone lies - sooner or later. Few people defend it as a good thing.

Would you of had the same reaction about it being ‘temporary’ I f it was under Trump?
                          If it had been temporary - yes. I try to align my views with the data I uncover. Feel free to point to any place where you believe I have not done so and I will look at it.

Anyway, you keep flossing over the fact that Trump’s opponents seem to have issues telling the truth themselves and often lie as much as Trump does.
                          I do not know anyone who opposes Trump (or anyone aligned with him) who lies as much as Mr. Trump does - or defends it. Perhaps Ms. Conway and Ms. Huckabee-Sanders come close. Most people acknowledge a misstatement when they are caught out - or at least stop repeating it.

The difference is you don’t seem to care about their lies and not only that, but you find an excuse to excuse away bad things happening under Obama while yet again, extending none to Trump.
                          Feel free to point to any post where I have "excused" anything bad that happened under Obama.

It doesn’t matter if children were locked up in a cage for 10 minutes or days. I’d be arrested for child abuse if I ever did that to a child. Why does it being the US government, under Obama, make it any better?
                          Under Obama - when the situation was revealed, Obama took immediate steps to reverse things - and it was never a matter of policy. And he took responsibility in a Truman-like "the buck stops here" manner. Trump explicitly put the policy in place, his administration publicly announced it was doing so intentionally as a deterrent and defended the practice, and gave ground on it only after the tide of public opinion turned massively against him. To this day (months later), there are hundreds of children still separated from parents as a direct result of this policy. You're comparing apples and oranges. The situation under Obama was bad, but not policy. The situation under Trump was orders of magnitude larger - and was explicit, defended, policy.

And that changes the fact that millions of people spread this lie, it was repeated often, and that the Obama administration was separating parents from their children and locking them up into cages?h?
                          Same response.

In other words, you hand waved it away and don’t want to bother to handbwave it away again. I guess it does get tiring demanding grace from the very people you refuse to do the same thing to, huh?
                          You interpretation of my post is not correct.

Comment

Then we disagree. Trump is a pretty vile human being. As with most people, he is not completely devoid of saving graces and strengths. But overall, he leans to the negative very, very strongly, IMO.
                            How many death camps, labor camps, etc has happened under Trump? Like I sad, you’re continued freak outs like the end of civilization is upon us shows how truly unhinged you and much of the left has become. I’ve noticed no major changes in the day to day life between Trump and Obama beyond people like yourself acting as doom sayers, waving your flags that impending doom is upon us. Trump is no Hitler, Stalin, or Mao and the sooner you get that, the better.

Yes - some of my fiscal views lean left - and some of my social views lean right. At no point have I ever claimed otherwise. If, in your mind, any presence of a left-leaning fiscal view makes me "left," so be it. As I said, it doesn't matter all that much how you decide to assess me.
                            Wealth redistribution, raising taxes on the rich, programs for the poor, nope but a duck can claim to be a lion all day long, but that doesn’t make it a lion. Your positions are pretty much all standard left wing positions with a few right leaning ones thrown in once in awhile.

Your opinion is duly noted.
                            And one pretty much understood by almost all, but yourself.

I don't recall ever saying that Trump's opponents were the shining example of honesty. Everyone lies - sooner or later. Few people defend it as a good thing.
                            It’s the fact you gloss over or ignore the fact that Trump’s opponents are pretty much as bad as you claim Trump is that’s the issue.

If it had been temporary - yes. I try to align my views with the data I uncover. Feel free to point to any place where you believe I have not done so and I will look at it.
                            So if I locked my kids into a cage, if the misbehaved and gave the excuse that it was temporary, would CPS say okay and move on or would I have my kids taken away?

I do not know anyone who opposes Trump (or anyone aligned with him) who lies as much as Mr. Trump does - or defends it. Perhaps Ms. Conway and Ms. Huckabee-Sanders come close. Most people acknowledge a misstatement when they are caught out - or at least stop repeating it.
                            Of course you don’t because you make excuses for them in the same way you complain about people making excuses for Trump.

Feel free to point to any post where I have "excused" anything bad that happened under Obama.
                            How about your excuse for locking kids in cages as being temporary? Can I lock my kids into a cage and not have them taken by COS? Yes or no?

Under Obama - when the situation was revealed, Obama took immediate steps to reverse things - and it was never a matter of policy. And he took responsibility in a Truman-like "the buck stops here" manner. Trump explicitly put the policy in place, his administration publicly announced it was doing so intentionally as a deterrent and defended the practice, and gave ground on it only after the tide of public opinion turned massively against him. To this day (months later), there are hundreds of children still separated from parents as a direct result of this policy. You're comparing apples and oranges. The situation under Obama was bad, but not policy. The situation under Trump was orders of magnitude larger - and was explicit, defended, policy.
                            And the excuses continue, show me where the media said a word about this happening. I’ll wait.

Same response.
                            Another famous Carp hand wave, to excuse away things he says.

You interpretation of my post is not correct.
                            You mean it was wrong to read you in the worst possible light and put the worst possible spin on your words? Why?
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

How many death camps, labor camps, etc has happened under Trump? Like I sad, you’re continued freak outs like the end of civilization is upon us shows how truly unhinged you and much of the left has become. I’ve noticed no major changes in the day to day life between Trump and Obama beyond people like yourself acting as doom sayers, waving your flags that impending doom is upon us. Trump is no Hitler, Stalin, or Mao and the sooner you get that, the better.

Wealth redistribution, raising taxes on the rich, programs for the poor, nope but a duck can claim to be a lion all day long, but that doesn’t make it a lion. Your positions are pretty much all standard left wing positions with a few right leaning ones thrown in once in awhile.

And one pretty much understood by almost all, but yourself.

It’s the fact you gloss over or ignore the fact that Trump’s opponents are pretty much as bad as you claim Trump is that’s the issue.

So if I locked my kids into a cage, if the misbehaved and gave the excuse that it was temporary, would CPS say okay and move on or would I have my kids taken away?

Of course you don’t because you make excuses for them in the same way you complain about people making excuses for Trump.

How about your excuse for locking kids in cages as being temporary? Can I lock my kids into a cage and not have them taken by COS? Yes or no?
                              Most of the above is simply rehash of things I have already responded to - so I'll let me previous responses stand. Further repetition is pointless. For the last statement, you seem to be equating "explanation" with "excuse." Knowing how something happened and why it happened is not equivalent to "excusing it." The situation under Obama should never have happened - and I have never said otherwise. What caused it (local decisions versus presidential policy), how it was responded to (immediately upon its discovery versus only after many days of mounting public pressure), and accountability (Obama taking responsibility, versus Trump blaming everyone else) are the differences. The fact of children in cages is deplorable in either situation.

Hopefully that will clarify things for you.

ETA: Reflecting on this a bit, I'm not sure that I place fault with the Border Patrol for how the children were housed in 2014. Putting myself in their place, I have no idea what I would do with an overwhelming flood of children that exhausted my resources to house them. I certainly wouldn't want them to be outside unaccompanied. I would hope that the children were so-housed simply because the Border Patrol agents had no other alternative. But the reality is I don't know what their specific situation was, and whether or not they exhausted all possible avenues before making that choice. If they did, they have my understanding for doing the best they could in a bad situation. If they didn't, then the choice they made was reprehensible.

And the excuses continue, show me where the media said a word about this happening. I’ll wait.
                              https://www.businessinsider.com/migr...plained-2018-5
                              https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...n/65-600537320

Finding resources is a bit difficult, because most searches bring up articles/discussion about the Trump family separation policy.

BTW - you should really lay off the popcorn. It'll make you fat.

Another famous Carp hand wave, to excuse away things he says.

You mean it was wrong to read you in the worst possible light and put the worst possible spin on your words? Why?
                              No - I mean you interpreted my words incorrectly. "Wrong," the way you used it, implies a value judgement. I have no idea what your motivations might be or if you had any. I'm simply telling you that your interpretation of my post is not correct. You can do with that what you wish.
                              Last edited by carpedm9587; 01-12-2019, 12:45 PM.

Comment

And yet you get annoyed when people read you in a worse way than you intend, but you refuse to extend the slightest grace to Trump.
                                It's just part of the hypocritical double standard that we've come to expect from the unhinged left.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment