Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Prayer Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer Request

A good friend and the wife of my best friend either suffered a stroke or a brain aneurysm yesterday morning shortly after getting to work. All I know is what one of her good friends told me this morning which is "she survived the operation" (apparently it was touch and go for awhile). All calls to Steve, her husband, go to voice mail.

Her name is Fraulein. Please keep her in your prayers. Thanks.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

Thanks.

Steve just called apologizing that he let my call go to voice mail, which I told him to think nothing of it. Fraulein is doing well today and in good spirits. It was an aneurysm and the doctors are concerned of the possibility of a stroke as her blood vessels start shrinking back to normal but for now the news looks about as good as one could practically expect (Thank you God). She'll be in ICU for the next two weeks and then physical therapy for at least three months.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Good news.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Yesterday they took her off the ventilators and she spent some time laughing and joking with her family and the nurses.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Yesterday they took her off the ventilators and she spent some time laughing and joking with her family and the nurses.
                  God be praised!
                  3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    A merry heart doeth good like a medicine!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yay!
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Fraulein continues to generally improve albeit slowly. Yesterday they had her walking a bit. The biggest worry now is that she has diarrhea and considering her weakened state... They're also trying to determine if it's viral or bacterial, the former being much easier to treat. And of course how she got it.

I have my suspicions.

At first Steve allowed two of her close friends to visit her in ICU saying they were "sisters." Big mistake on many levels. They came back the next day while Steve went home to get a nap and during a shift change at the hospital. Using their status as her "sisters" they smuggled eight more of her friends into ICU.

Needless to say this utterly and completely overwhelmed Fraulein.

Now you need a password to visit her and Steve has been texting everyone telling them in no uncertain terms "NO Visitors!"

Comment

Fraulein is home from the hospital!

Last Sunday I was told she would be released within the next week or two but they let her out Thursday. I didn't want to say anything until I talked to Steve (my phone was out until this morning) and he said they even went to the mall so she could walk around a bit (she's using a walker). He's restricting visitors so that they don't all come at once and overwhelm her (essentially you need to make an appointment).

God is good.

Comment