Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

'Traditional Masculinity' Is Harmful...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    The assault on masculinity is largely a white elitist progressive thing; it's one area where black males generally widely diverge from party leadership.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

They probably haven't been in any life or death situations. I haven't either, but I wouldn't do any armchair philosophizing about stuff.
      Last edited by Christianbookworm; 01-10-2019, 10:41 AM.
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

And we are getting whimps like you. No thanks.
        Archie Bunker would be spinning in his grave.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Babes don't like wimps...

The Allure of Aggressive Men

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...aggressive-men

Women show sexual preference for tall, dominant men – so is gender inequality inevitable?

http://theconversation.com/women-sho...evitable-98159

5 Scientific Reasons Why Women Just Won't Go For The Nice (wimpy) Guys

https://www.elitedaily.com/dating/sc...e-guys/1000116
          Confidence is attractive. But I don't believe women are attracted to men who are cruel to them or abuse them, unless there is something wrong with the woman. "Nice guy" though, often seems to mean clingy, overweight, whiny male with self-esteem issues. I knew such a nice guy - very left-leaning, too - and it was not his 'niceness' that made him repellent.

Comment

Assertive is great. Agressive and passive are bad in different ways. I'm not interested in mating or romance, but if I were, I'd want a man who tried to be like Jesus, who was certainly not a wimp. Kind is not the same thing as "nice". Serial killers can act nice.

Comment

Originally posted by LeaC View Post
              "Nice guy" though, often seems to mean clingy, overweight, whiny male with self-esteem issues.
              Leave Tass alone!
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So, is that article in fact speaking of the creepy internet nice guy?

Comment

And we are getting whimps like you. No thanks.
                  A "wimp" to superannuated rednecks like you BtC, but who wants you anyway?
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    A "wimp" to superannuated rednecks like you BtC, but who wants you anyway?
                    Oh PLEASE give me your definition of "redneck". I can't wait to hear the bigotry ooze from that pie hole of yours...
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Oh PLEASE give me your definition of "redneck". I can't wait to hear the bigotry ooze from that pie hole of yours...
                      How bout a redneck Christian?

...if you've ever made change in the offering plate...
                      ...if you have to lock your car doors and leave your windows rolled up at Church so nobody loads up your car with fresh produce...
                      ...if the preacher calls on Bubba to pray, and three men and a woman stand up...
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

...if you have to lock your car doors and leave your windows rolled up at Church so nobody loads up your car with fresh produce...
                        ...if the preacher calls on Bubba to pray, and three men and a woman stand up...
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                            This thread is, like, the perfect place to promote your favorite male role models as alternatives.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              This thread is, like, the perfect place to promote your favorite male role models as alternatives.
                              My Dad. I never heard him swear or saw him lose his temper*, or tell a lie, and he lived for Jesus right to the end.

*OK, there was that ONE time when I washed his car with a brillo pad....

Comment

*OK, there was that ONE time when I washed his car with a brillo pad....

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment