Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Acosta positively proves Trump is right about the Wall working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Not!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB=fv2aK8t4
    Hmm, video didn't work, but needless to say, they sawed right through the prototype steel slats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYTypmEBE5Q

And don't forget, you will pay for the ineffective political ploy, not Mexico.
    Yes or no Jimmy, do you lock your car doors and the doors and windows of your house?
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Well I suppose that is one way of looking at it. But, if we return to reality, what that actually shows is that the claims there is a crisis all along our borders that requires a $5 billion+ wall be built NOW is an exaggeration and certainly not a situation that justifies not paying or furloughing 800,000 people.
      Maybe Acosta's next report will document the countless people who simply walk across the wide open parts of our border and the crimes committed by illegal aliens in the nearby towns.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Former CNN reporter Peter Hamby: "I am *shocked* that a glib video, customized for re-tweets and filmed in broad daylight along one of the more secure parts of the [Rio Grande Valley] by a reporter who parachuted in for the day, did not reveal anything dramatic."

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...-border-tweet/
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Well I suppose that is one way of looking at it. But, if we return to reality, what that actually shows is that the claims there is a crisis all along our borders that requires a $5 billion+ wall be built NOW is an exaggeration and certainly not a situation that justifies not paying or furloughing 800,000 people.

Jim
          The "all along the borders" is a stretch, Jim.

It should be reasonable to assume that if a wall is the answer (or an answer), then those portions where the wall exists would not be in chaos.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Right because he thinks illegals should be trying to cross a wall in broad daylight with a film crew standing right there?

Yep the reason they weren't trying to cross was.... because there was a WALL!!! derp.
            Acosta is increasingly becoming the Ted Baxter of the Comedy News Network. The buffoon is too oblivious to even realize when he scores an own goal.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Just as easy as walking across the border, right?
              Perhaps he's unaware of the principle of the path of least resistance.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                Yes or no Jimmy, do you lock your car doors and the doors and windows of your house?
                Well, I had a 67 chevy once that I NEVER locked, left the keys in the ignition and a $20 bill under the windshield wiper, but nobody ever took her off my hands.

(and this was WAY before Bait Car!)

Comment

Jim
                  So you think they have to have mobs of people trying to cross at all locations at all times of the day to be a crisis?

People will try to cross a the easiest place that has the least chance of being caught. Like where there is no fence and at night when it is harder to spot them. Not at a fence and where a reporter with a camera crew is standing around filming.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    You can cut through nearly ANYTHING with the right tools. Even your thick skull... although we haven't found anything so far to penetrate it.
                    Because illegals are gonna haul gas powered saws through the desert to cut through steel slats. And nobody would hear.

Comment

Source: San Diego TV station: CNN declined our 'local view' because of reports on wall effectiveness

A San Diego television station on Thursday said that CNN had asked for a "local view" and then "declined to hear from us" after past reports from the station showed that a border wall was effective.

A CNN spokesperson pushed back on KUSI's claim on Friday, calling it a "non story" since the network ultimately didn't book any reporters from stations in the San Diego area.

"We called several local stations to book someone for a show. We didn’t end up booking any of them," says a CNN spokesperson in a statement to The Hill. "That happens many times every single day. We did, however, book a reporter from KUSI for a story on immigration and the border wall on CNN in November. This is a non story."

Immigration, the partial government shutdown and President Trump's proposed border wall have all been topics dominating the cable news landscape since the shutdown began three weeks ago.

"Thursday morning, CNN called the KUSI Newsroom asking if one of our reporters could give them a local view of the debate surrounding the border wall and government shutdown," a report by KUSI, an independent station in San Diego that began airing in 1982, begins.

"KUSI offered our own Dan Plante, who has reported dozens of times on the border, including one story from 2016 that was retweeted by former Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich, and posted on DrudgeReport.com," it continues while linking to a border fence tour report.

"We believe CNN declined a report from KUSI because we informed them that most Border Patrol Agents we have spoken to told us the barrier does in fact work," it concludes. "We have continuously been told by Border Patrol Agents that the barrier along the Southern border helps prevent illegal entries, drugs, and weapons from entering the United States, and the numbers prove it."

Source

© Copyright Original Source

The story includes a video

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Well, I had a 67 chevy once that I NEVER locked, left the keys in the ignition and a $20 bill under the windshield wiper, but nobody ever took her off my hands.

(and this was WAY before Bait Car!)
                        Don't you wish you had that 67 chevy now fully restored? I had a 65 Chevy Malibu I wish I had back....
                        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Don't you wish you had that 67 chevy now fully restored? I had a 65 Chevy Malibu I wish I had back....
                          My 69 Dodge Charger and 65 Ford Mustang.

Comment

That would have been a miracle - total restoration - the thing had lived in Cleveland OH most of it's life and had an extreme case of cancer (snow/salt/rust) and abuse by the previous owner. But, yeah, my buddy had a 67 Chevelle that we DID restore, and he still has.

79873_front_3-4_web.jpg

Looked very much like the one pictured here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              That would have been a miracle - total restoration - the thing had lived in Cleveland OH most of it's life and had an extreme case of cancer (snow/salt/rust) and abuse by the previous owner. But, yeah, my buddy had a 67 Chevelle that we DID restore, and he still has.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34400[/ATTACH]

Looked very much like the one pictured here.
                              Nice!

Comment

Nice!
                                I used to build and rebuild engines when I was a kid. Years later, I had a '64 Ford Wagon with a 289, and it needed a lot of attention, so I thought, "what the heck, I'll yank the engine, rebuild it, and keep that car for another 10 years".

Well, I forgot that when I was a kid, I had MUCH more free time, and I also forgot how much time it took to "yank and rebuild an engine" while being a father, working 2 jobs and taking 18 hours of college.

I got 'er done, but it was a project to be sure, and my last engine rebuild. There are people who do that for a living!

Comment