Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump targeted by FBI as Russian agent or asset.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump targeted by FBI as Russian agent or asset.

Turns out the FBI launched a counterintelligence investigation during the campaign targeting Trump as a possible Russian agent, or asset, two months after the Trump Tower meeting with Russians.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...in-office.html

Yep, turns out they were concerned early on that Trump himself was either working for the Kremlin or was an unsuspecting asset. After Trumps obstruction of justice firing of Comey, B. Mueller took over the investigation.
    Last edited by JimL; 01-12-2019, 12:21 AM.

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Turns out the FBI launched a counterintelligence investigation during the campaign targeting Trump as a possible Russian agent, or asset, two months after the Trump Tower meeting with Russians.

Yep, turns out they were concerned early on that Trump himself was either working for the Kremlin or was an unsuspecting asset. After Trumps obstruction of justice firing of Comey, B. Mueller took over the investigation.
    Trump’s behavior certainly gives credence to this investigation being warranted…from the fact that Trump did nothing to act on the early Intel reports of Russian meddling in the US election to his siding with Russia against FBI at the infamous Helsinki summit. And much else.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Old news. We've known since before Trump won that certain elements in Washington DC were planning to burden his presidency with an unwarranted investigation despite the evidence being so thin against him that Hillary and the FBI had to literally falsify it (the infamously uncorroborated Steele dossier, bought and paid for by Hillary) in order to get a FISA warrant to begin their spy operation. It was their "insurance policy" and planned retaliation if he beat Hillary.

And here we are, two years later, and there is no evidence of wrongdoing by our duly elected president despite one of the dirtiest cops in the country trying desperately to find something, anything to pin on President Trump.

Dredging up this old and rotten story now is just the liberal media's attempt to make it seem "fresh" in order to keep it in the public consciousness.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And if some of you are unaware of how sketchy this whole thing is, it was acting Attorney General Rod Rosenstein who recommended to the President that James Comey be fired because "the FBI is unlikely to regain public and congressional trust until it has a Director who understands the gravity of the mistakes and pledges never to repeat them. Having refused to admit his errors, the Director cannot be expected to implement the necessary corrective actions."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39866767

This is the same Rod Rosenstein who immediately turned around and in a clear case of conflict of interest appointed Comey's good friend Robert "Dirty Cop" Mueller to investigate the President for obstruction of justice because he followed Rosenstein's recommendation to fire Comey.

In other words, the President was setup.

Comment

This is the kind of political intrigue that people would laugh at as unrealistic if they came across it in a Tom Clancy novel.

Comment

Recycling 2 year old news? I guess if you don't have anything better.....
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Oh, so you already knew that the FBI had suspected collusion with Russia during the campaign itself and that they had actually opened a counterintelligence investigation into the possibility of Trump himself being an agent of the Kremlin shortly after the Comey firing? You have no idea how difficult a decision that is to make, how much evidence is required for the Justice Department to give the okay. What it means is that they probably have a lot more evidence than any of us yet know of. As if any more is needed to impeach.

Comment

An in-depth analysis on why this is happening now.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...r-origination/

The short version is that it seems someone leaked portions of Lisa Page's recent testimony which damaged the narrative, and so the FBI and DOJ are fighting back.

Comment

Oh, so you already knew that the FBI had suspected collusion with Russia during the campaign itself and that they had actually opened a counterintelligence investigation into the possibility of Trump himself being an agent of the Kremlin shortly after the Comey firing? You have no idea how difficult a decision that is to make, how much evidence is required for the Justice Department to give the okay. What it means is that they probably have a lot more evidence than any of us yet know of.
                  Based on how heavily the Steele dossier has been depended upon, it seems to be a rather low bar.
                  As if any more is needed to impeach.
                  Even your political leaders know better than to believe that codswallop, Jim. Like I've said elsewhere, I don't have nearly enough faith to be you.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Based on how heavily the Steele dossier has been depended upon, it seems to be a rather low bar.

Even your political leaders know better than to believe that codswallop, Jim. Like I've said elsewhere, I don't have nearly enough faith to be you.
                    That's because you are not as wise as I am OBP, not your fault I guess. The democrats would impeach Trump in a second right now, but they know that this current bunch of unethical republicans wouldn't do the right thing so they will wait for the Mueller report and the end of their own House investigation now that the treasonous republicans in the House are no longer in charge.

Comment

Sounds like sour grapes to me...
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Putin gave you Trump to destroy your institutions and alliances from the inside. I’m not sure that Putin knew how toxic Trump would be to Western interests but I expect he is loving every minute of the chaos. Trump is just being Trump and Putin just had to let him loose.
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          Putin gave you Trump to destroy your institutions and alliances from the inside. I’m not sure that Putin knew how toxic Trump would be to Western interests but I expect he is loving every minute of the chaos. Trump is just being Trump and Putin just had to let him loose.
                          Putin had nothing to do with it.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Another little known fact is that when FBI agents approached Dirty Cop Mueller's good buddy, the Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, and told him they wanted to build a case of collusion against Trump, Deripska laughed in their face and said, "You're trying to create something out of nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              Putin had nothing to do with it.
                              Yeah, right, that's why Trump is doing everything Putin could ask of him. Like first floor said, he is undermining our democratic institutions, destroying our alliances, repealing sanctions on Russian oligarchs, and would have done the same for the Kremlin itself had the congress allowed him to. He is also going out of his way to push Russian propaganda concerning Poland, Belaruse, Montenegro and Afghanistan. Like I said, apparently you are not to bright, but you'll find out pretty soon. Of course you'll still deny it, blame it on the deep state, just like Trump wants you to.

Comment