Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump targeted by FBI as Russian agent or asset.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Why don't you check in with Breitbart and find out?
    In other words, you don't have an answer.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Interesting stuff:

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC): “Number one, that story came from somebody who leaked it with an agenda, so I’d like to know who leaked it because they have an agenda not very friendly to President Trump, and I, for one, don’t trust what I read in The New York Times.

“I’m going to ask the FBI director, ‘Was there a counterintelligence investigation opened up regarding the president as being a potential agent of the Russians?’ I find it astonishing, and to me, it tells me a lot about the people running the FBI, McCabe and that crowd. I don’t trust them as far as I can throw them. If this really did happen, Congress needs to know about it. And what I want to do is make sure, how could the FBI do that? What kind of checks and balances are there?”

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Interesting stuff:

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC): “Number one, that story came from somebody who leaked it with an agenda, so I’d like to know who leaked it because they have an agenda not very friendly to President Trump, and I, for one, don’t trust what I read in The New York Times.

“I’m going to ask the FBI director, ‘Was there a counterintelligence investigation opened up regarding the president as being a potential agent of the Russians?’ I find it astonishing, and to me, it tells me a lot about the people running the FBI, McCabe and that crowd. I don’t trust them as far as I can throw them. If this really did happen, Congress needs to know about it. And what I want to do is make sure, how could the FBI do that? What kind of checks and balances are there?”
        Right, and do you know what the agenda of the leaker was MM? It's called patriotism, a characteristic apparently not applicable to anyone in the Republican controlled House investigation since they kept this info under wraps in order to protect the President. Lindsey Graham doesn't know what he's talking about, or he does know but has decided instead to side with Trump in underming the the Press and the FBI as this biased politically driven org., the deep state, out to get republicans. The FBI opened the investigation because they saw evidence and behavior of Trump that suggested he was possibly working as an agent for the Kremlin against the U.S. That's what they do, that's what they are supposed to do. They didn't make the investigation public, which is also how it works, but it is their resposibility to investigate when they become aware of suspicious activity and they get the okay to do so from the Justice Dept.
        Last edited by JimL; 01-13-2019, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Meanwhile, liberal pundits are starting to say that Mueller's report is "almost certain to be anticlimactic".

ABC's Johnathan Karl: "If you look at what the FBI was investigating in that New York Times report, you look at what they were investigating, Mueller did not go anywhere with that investigation. He has been writing his report in real time through these indictments and we have seen nothing from Mueller on the central question of, was there any coordination, collusion, with the Russians in the effort to meddle in the elections? Or was there even any knowledge on the part of the president or anybody in his campaign with what the Russians were doing, there’s been no indication of that [...]

"It has not added up to anything of the central question, again, was there anybody – was the Trump campaign aware of or coordinating with the Russians in their effort to meddle with the election. So far there’s been nothing on that and I’m led to believe don’t expect there’s going to be any."

Comment

Out of curiosity, do we have access to the transcripts and notes of every conversation Obama had with foreign leaders? What about Bush 43? Or Bill Clinton?
            Considerably more than we have for Trump and Putin, for which we have zilch, even the translator's notes were confiscated.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Meanwhile, liberal pundits are starting to say that Mueller's report is "almost certain to be anticlimactic".

ABC's Johnathan Karl: "If you look at what the FBI was investigating in that New York Times report, you look at what they were investigating, Mueller did not go anywhere with that investigation. He has been writing his report in real time through these indictments and we have seen nothing from Mueller on the central question of, was there any coordination, collusion, with the Russians in the effort to meddle in the elections? Or was there even any knowledge on the part of the president or anybody in his campaign with what the Russians were doing, there’s been no indication of that [...]

"It has not added up to anything of the central question, again, was there anybody – was the Trump campaign aware of or coordinating with the Russians in their effort to meddle with the election. So far there’s been nothing on that and I’m led to believe don’t expect there’s going to be any."
              There has even been some speculation that the reason he loaded up his staff with liberal prosecutors and investigators with strong ties to the Democrat Party was to provide himself with cover when he releases his report. That way, after he indicates that there was no evidence of collusion, it will be harder to say that he was part of a cover up conspiracy. Personally I find that reasoning hard to swallow but it is an indication that folks realize that it is unlikely his report will contain anything close to a smoking gun and at best a few unanswered questions.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                Considerably more than we have for Trump and Putin, for which we have zilch, even the translator's notes were confiscated.
                I'll take this answer to mean, "No, we do not have access to the transcripts and notes of every conversation Obama had with foreign leaders."

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  There has even been some speculation that the reason he loaded up his staff with liberal prosecutors and investigators with strong ties to the Democrat Party was to provide himself with cover when he releases his report. That way, after he indicates that there was no evidence of collusion, it will be harder to say that he was part of a cover up conspiracy. Personally I find that reasoning hard to swallow but it is an indication that folks realize that it is unlikely his report will contain anything close to a smoking gun and at best a few unanswered questions.
                  If that was his reasoning then it would mean he didn't expect to find anything before he even began his investigation. I can't wrap my head around that.

Comment

I'll take this answer to mean, "No, we do not have access to the transcripts and notes of every conversation Obama had with foreign leaders."
                    The answer was quite clear. We have some access to what occurred in meetings between US presidents and Putin but we have zilch knowledge of what Trump and Putin talked about in private. "Trump concealed details of his face-to-face encounters with Putin even from senior officials in administration. "President Trump has gone to extraordinary lengths to conceal details of his conversations with Russian President Vladi*mir Putin, including on at least one occasion taking possession of the notes of his own interpreter and instructing the linguist not to discuss what had transpired with other administration officials, current and former U.S. officials said".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.6b80b0dad284
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                      We have some access to what occurred in meetings between US presidents and Putin...
                      So if we apply liberal paranoia consistently, that means that every meeting which Obama had that we don't have access to the notes was held for nefarious purposes.

Comment

Weak insult. Try again.
                        What sort of things do you find insulting?
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          I shouldn't have to repeat it stupid, Trumps been doing it right in front of your stupid face. Of course, in your case it's probably just a matter of you being just as anti-democratic and treasonous at heart to western democracy as Trump himself is in action.
                          You wouldn't know anti-democratic or treasonous behavior if it bit you in your programmed butt. You're a bot. You haven't a critical or original thought in your head. And you certainly aren't at all patriotic to this country, or you and your ilk wouldn't be fighting tooth and nail to overthrow the very capitalism it was founded on.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            Or treason, more likely. We all know that Trump puts himself and his own interests ahead of all else...including his own country.
                            Liar. Trump isn't demanding border security for himself. He isn't demanding to strengthen the Obama-depleted and warped military for himself. But you foreigners have no idea what is best for MY country. Stick to your own.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Yes, we all know what you think, MM, i.e. If you want to call it thinking.
                              I'm not surprised you wouldn't recognize thinking...
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

fakenews.JPG
                                https://twitter.com/FredFleitz/statu...05714004348929

Comment