Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

JSDileo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-Shirt Ninja:
    Re: Dear Community: Some Sad News

I didn't know him very well. However, from what I read of his posts I could tell he was an extremely intelligent dude (much smarter than I was at his age). I really appreciated insight he gave.

ing for his family.

IC † XC
    NI KA

Ancient Faith Radio
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Sylas:

That hits hard...

JSDileo and I interacted a couple of times in the forums, and it was always a pleasure.

I'm stunned to learn he was so young. He did mention it often enough in discussion, but that detail never really sank in for me. His posts showed an exceptional level of maturity, and also lots of real critical insight. My main hang out here is the science forums, where he also showed up from time to time. He had a lively mind and a heap of ability, and a thoroughly pleasant personality to go with it.

My deepest sympathy goes out to his friends and family. All beauty has its season, and none of us are here for long. JSDileo had less time than most of us, and that's tragic. But he's used it well and the echos linger.

Sylas

Quote Quote .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following tWebber says Amen to sylas for this useful Post:

Abykale
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

lao Tzu:

I'm a member at DeviantArt. I've just posted the following comment with a link to this thread.

To whom it may concern:

"Jonathan Stephen DiLeo (known to us as JSDileo) passed away on Thursday, December 4, 2008 from complications related to the treatment of a brain tumor. He was only 17 years old."

On behalf of the community at TheologyWeb.com, please accept our condolences, from our community to yours.

As ever, Jesse

There is no lao tzu.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

SteveF:

Originally posted by sylas
          Quote Originally posted by sylas View Post

He had a lively mind and a heap of ability, and a thoroughly pleasant personality to go with it.
          Yes. A good sense of humour too.

"To see a world in a grain of sand,
          And a heaven in a wild flower
          Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
          And eternity in an hour"

William Blake
          Last edited by Teallaura; 01-21-2014, 08:40 PM. Reason: Added quote tags

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X