Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Brexit vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Bachelor Chow.
    00000000000000ab000-01.jpg

00000000000000ab000-02.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Boris (the British Trump) destroys the progressive wing of the Conservative Party. The old 2.5 stable Party system of British politics is gone.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        Boris (the British Trump) destroys the progressive wing of the Conservative Party. The old 2.5 stable Party system of British politics is gone.
        Um, FF2, would you mind including links for reference? We don't always see UK news.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• The Speaker is to stand down at next election or 31 Oct.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

The Speaker is to stand down at next election or 31 Oct.
            As opposed to all the popping up and down and shouting?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I know. I watched a few minute clip of Parliament, and I thought I was watching the NYSE scene from Trading Places...
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                I know. I watched a few minute clip of Parliament, and I thought I was watching the NYSE scene from Trading Places...
                It's really odd - the Brits have such a "stiff upper lip" or ... um.. "stoic"? image.... and to see them popping up and down like wack-a-moles and shouting is quite amusing. I'd love to know how that came to be.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's really odd - the Brits have such a "stiff upper lip" or ... um.. "stoic"? image.... and to see them popping up and down like wack-a-moles and shouting is quite amusing. I'd love to know how that came to be.
                  Victorian-era stereotyping, I'm guessing.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The Speaker is to stand down at next election or 31 Oct.
                    Aww, I guess I better go ahead and buy my 'Ooorrrdddaaaaaa'* T shirt now...

*Yes, really.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The main thing is that Boris is stymied, maybe. He will wriggle out of it if he can, by finding a legal loophole, if one exists. Parliament is now suspended.

Comment

The main thing is that Boris is stymied, maybe. He will wriggle out of it if he can, by finding a legal loophole, if one exists. Parliament is now suspended.
                        But the sun will still rise and set and birds will sing, and all will be well.

Comment

But the sun will still rise and set and birds will sing, and all will be well.
                          True, not much to do about it until there is an election. firstfloor is scouting out places of religious significance for your UK tour; I think you might like Tewkesbury Abbey. Is incense used much in your own church services?

Comment

True, not much to do about it until there is an election. firstfloor is scouting out places of religious significance for your UK tour; I think you might like Tewkesbury Abbey. Is incense used much in your own church services?
                            I think Baptists are allergic to incense. Maybe you can find him an historic nonconforming church or two to visit.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Canterbury!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

You talk funny...
                                That's what
                                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment