Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Brexit vote

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    The main thing is that Boris is stymied, maybe. He will wriggle out of it if he can, by finding a legal loophole, if one exists. Parliament is now suspended.
    But the sun will still rise and set and birds will sing, and all will be well.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    But the sun will still rise and set and birds will sing, and all will be well.
    True, not much to do about it until there is an election. firstfloor is scouting out places of religious significance for your UK tour; I think you might like Tewkesbury Abbey. Is incense used much in your own church services?
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    True, not much to do about it until there is an election. firstfloor is scouting out places of religious significance for your UK tour; I think you might like Tewkesbury Abbey. Is incense used much in your own church services?
    I think Baptists are allergic to incense. Maybe you can find him an historic nonconforming church or two to visit.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Canterbury!

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The main thing is that Boris is stymied, maybe. He will wriggle out of it if he can, by finding a legal loophole, if one exists. Parliament is now suspended.
    You talk funny...

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

6. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I think Baptists are allergic to incense.
    Reminds us old Baptists too much of the 60's and early 70's where it was used to mask (cough sputter) other 'fragrances'.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Scottish appeals court rules suspension of Parliament is unlawful. Meaning that, like Trump, Boris is an evil tyrant.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Scottish appeals court rules suspension of Parliament is unlawful. Meaning that, like Trump, Boris is an evil tyrant.
    On 11 September the Court of Session, the supreme civil court of Scotland, ruled that the prorogation was unlawful, but did not give an order to cancel it pending a hearing at the Supreme Court which was scheduled for 17 September.

Has nothing to do with Boris being a tyrant. That's your editorializing.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

10. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    74F4007C-EECB-434E-8C07-022732AE3943.jpeg
    Truro Cathedral, Victorian with neo-gothic architecture. Cornwall was one of the poorest parishes in England when this was built.

12. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Beautiful!