Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Brexit vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I think Baptists are allergic to incense.
    Reminds us old Baptists too much of the 60's and early 70's where it was used to mask (cough sputter) other 'fragrances'.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Scottish appeals court rules suspension of Parliament is unlawful. Meaning that, like Trump, Boris is an evil tyrant.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        Scottish appeals court rules suspension of Parliament is unlawful. Meaning that, like Trump, Boris is an evil tyrant.
        On 11 September the Court of Session, the supreme civil court of Scotland, ruled that the prorogation was unlawful, but did not give an order to cancel it pending a hearing at the Supreme Court which was scheduled for 17 September.

Has nothing to do with Boris being a tyrant. That's your editorializing.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• 74F4007C-EECB-434E-8C07-022732AE3943.jpeg
          Truro Cathedral, Victorian with neo-gothic architecture. Cornwall was one of the poorest parishes in England when this was built.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Beautiful!
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Beautiful!
              My thoughts, exactly!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• The Supreme Court rules that Parliament was suspended illegally. Boris will now be carried off to The Tower where his head will be struck off (or whatever the modern equivalent is). Bercow (the Speaker) said that Parliament must convene without delay.

Comment

The Supreme Court rules that Parliament was suspended illegally. Boris will now be carried off to The Tower where his head will be struck off (or whatever the modern equivalent is). Bercow (the Speaker) said that Parliament must convene without delay.
                  We can all start breathing again.

Comment

The Supreme Court rules that Parliament was suspended illegally. Boris will now be carried off to The Tower where his head will be struck off (or whatever the modern equivalent is). Bercow (the Speaker) said that Parliament must convene without delay.
                    But did he say it in a British accent?
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Like all good tyrants, Boris thinks he knows better than 11 Supreme Court judges. His days are numbered.

Comment

• Pilgrim Fathers
                        Newly discovered documents have revealed the Pilgrim Fathers settled in Boston in Lincolnshire for several months before they escaped England.

It was previously thought the group only assembled in the town shortly before attempting to leave for the Netherlands in 1907.

But Boston Council found they worshipped in the town three months prior to their unsuccessful escape.
                        Its heritage manager Luke Skerritt said the discovery was "totally unexpected".

The documents, found in the county's archive, have now gone on display in the town's Guildhall Museum, where some members were jailed after trying to leave the country.

As Puritans, they had been persecuted for failing to attend Church of England services, leading them to try and flee via the Lincolnshire port.

"They didn't just come down to meet a ship," said Mr Skerritt, who discovered the documents.
                        "This group of people - which includes really important members of the pilgrims like William Brewster, Richard Clifton and Thomas Helwys - they were worshiping here for up to three months.
                        "This is totally unexpected."

The group eventually left Boston for the Netherlands. Many later crossed the Atlantic on the Mayflower, landing at Plymouth Rock in the United States in 1620.
                        - BBC News
                        Last edited by firstfloor; 09-28-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Pilgrim Fathers

- BBC News
                          Thanks, ff. None of my ancestors were on the Mayflower (John Cotton was the first, in 1633).
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Queens speech today, Brexit talks ongoing, deadline approaching, Sturgeon talking Scottish independence again.

Comment

Queens speech today, Brexit talks ongoing, deadline approaching, Sturgeon talking Scottish independence again.
                              What do you think will happen? What's the word on the street, as it were?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                What do you think will happen? What's the word on the street, as it were?
                                It’s not clear yet. Too many factions, Corbyn sitting on the fence being inscrutable, Boris hinting at lawlessness. The EU summit this week may force matters. Another referendum seems to be an outside possibility.

Comment