Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Brexit vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Wait --- the AG has been authorized to make things TRANSPARENT!!!! EGAD, man, what is the world coming to?
    He may end up making things transparent to Putin.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      He may end up making things transparent to Putin.
      Yes, because Putin doesn't have a CLUE what's going on in the US, because there has been absolutely no spying or collusion..... you really can't have it both ways.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But, sadly, she's losing steam.

Maddow, other MSNBC hosts see ratings drop, Fox up

NEW YORK (AP) — Rachel Maddow isn’t backing away from her coverage of President Donald Trump and any connection to Russia’s involvement in trying to influence the 2016 presidential campaign. The question is how much her fans want to listen.

Maddow’s audience has dipped on her two days back on the air since Attorney General William Barr reported that special counsel Robert Mueller had found no collusion between Trump and Russia’s efforts. Her audience of 2.5 million on Monday was 19 percent below her average this year, and it went down further to 2.3 million on Tuesday, the Nielsen company said.

Perhaps she needs to add a couple shots to her espresso?
        He wondered aloud what journalists were supposed to do for the past two years as stories piled up about Trump and associates misleading Americans about contacts to Russians.

Eyeing the reports critically might have been a good place to start.

He said he wasn’t just unhappy about political critics, but also some in the media who are “hand-wringing” about the amount of coverage.

Which they seem to have invented ex nihilo. And in some cases, there has been no "seems" in the deliberate and malicious editing to manufacture a false narrative - it was patently obvious.

He criticized unnamed people who had “sold their soul to a personality cult.”

Seems that the criticism would apply mostly to the Trump anti-personality cult.

So - did the media learn anything from the debacle? Not to attribute veracity to reports from persons with a clear political objective without careful scrutiny, perhaps?
        Not a chance.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Yes, because Putin doesn't have a CLUE what's going on in the US, because there has been absolutely no spying or collusion..... you really can't have it both ways.
          Once you appreciate that Trump is Putin’s man in the White House, what he does makes more sense. Although Americans voted for Trump, as far as the Kremlin is concerned “Putin won”. And now Trump says to AG Barr - publish as much secret stuff as you want. What a gift to Putin!
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Nigel’s brand new Brexit Party doing well in England, SNP ahead in Scotland. Conservatives and Labour are getting thumped.
            - EU parliament elections.

Comment

Nigel’s brand new Brexit Party doing well in England, SNP ahead in Scotland. Conservatives and Labour are getting thumped.
              - EU parliament elections.
              Translation, please.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Nigel ‘milk shake’ Farage doing well.
                SNP - Scot Nats who want to stay in EU and want independence for Scotland.
                In London, remainers are doing well.
                Results generally are difficult to translate because remain votes are fragmented.

Comment

• Nigel ‘milk shake’ Farage’s Brexit Party is hardly a Party;

What would a Brexit Party Brexit look like?
                  It's won the largest share of the vote and the most seats in the UK's European elections and it's very clear the Brexit Party wants to leave the EU as soon as possible.

But with many of its policies unknown and no manifesto, it's not clear exactly what a Brexit Party Brexit would look like.

The party's leader Nigel Farage says he wants a "clean-break" Brexit, abandoning Theresa May's withdrawal agreement, but he avoids using the term "no-deal" Brexit.

He wants its newly elected MEPs to play a "major role" in the Brexit negotiations but, as the Brexit Party is not in government and has no MPs in the House of Commons, that is unlikely.

While the party is offering simple solutions, the Brexit process is a lot more complex.
                  - BBC news.
                  Last edited by firstfloor; 05-27-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Carole Cadwalladr’s TED talk:
                    https://www.ted.com/talks/carole_cad...ocracy/up-next

She is interviewed on Trumpcast of 8 June.

Guardian article here:
                    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-to-the-people

Comment

• An interesting demonstration of the invisible Irish border was The Open winner being ‘at home’.

Comment

Once you appreciate that Trump is Putin’s man in the White House, what he does makes more sense. Although Americans voted for Trump, as far as the Kremlin is concerned “Putin won”. And now Trump says to AG Barr - publish as much secret stuff as you want. What a gift to Putin!
                        I guess nothing makes sense. Putin would have wanted Hillary in office and then Russia might get more benefits like the selling of nuclear fuel to Russia. Why would Putin act against Russian interests? Why would he promote a Republican instead of a Communist? This has never been explained

Comment

• Boris will now slowly come to terms with a few hard facts he has not before considered.

Comment

Boris will now slowly come to terms with a few hard facts he has not before considered.
                            FINALLY - you say something intelligent and possibly even true!

Comment

FINALLY - you say something intelligent and possibly even true!
                              Stopped clocks and all that.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                I haven't really been following this closely, and I don't know all the politics involved, but what I'm getting from this whole fiasco is that a majority of citizens voted a year ago for Britain to leave the European Union, and the politicians are doing everything they can to override the will of the people. Is that about right?

Of course everything I know about British politics I learned from watching Yes, Minister:

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment