Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Brexit vote

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    A Bill going through Parliament today may result in a very rare December election. All sorts of motivations and hazards are involved.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    A Bill going through Parliament today may result in a very rare December election. All sorts of motivations and hazards are involved.
    It just seems so weird that you guys (ferreners) can just have elections whenever you want them (or not).
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It just seems so weird that you guys (ferreners) can just have elections whenever you want them (or not).
    There is a Fixed Term Parliament Act but this bill is a dodge around it. Where there is a will ....
    Boris could not have done this by himself because of the Act.

Heaven only knows how all this pans out.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Date seems set for December 12. Beat, the motion to move it to 9 December by 20 votes.

5. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Electioneering is now in progress. US threats to NHS by higher drug prices are under discussion, along with worries about crap US food standards.

Mr Corbyn claimed Boris Johnson's EU exit deal will "unleash Thatcherism on steroids".
    "Given the chance, they'll slash food standards to match those of the US where 'acceptable levels' of rat hairs in paprika and maggots in orange juice are allowed," he will claim.
    "And they will put chlorinated chicken on the supermarket shelves."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The US can feed itself. The UK hasn't been able to do that since the First World War. Idiotic food standards just make that problem worse.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oh, and in other news, Hoyle elected as new Speaker.

Has the House of Commons finally admitted it is a house of cards?

Sorry, couldn't resist....

9. Amen Roy amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Britnews:
    Chinese group likely to buy British Steel.

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Details matter.
    A photo of a pair of photographs.
    General Assembly of the Church of Scotland 2011, Edinburgh.

8206A7B5-C5BE-4523-BCAE-F64F108A2883.jpeg

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)