Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Brexit vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m sure you are all happy to know that Her Majesty’s Government survived a no confidence vote by 325 to 306.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      I’m sure you are all happy to know that Her Majesty’s Government survived a no confidence vote by 325 to 306.
      Oh, good. That means I won't have to remember a new PM's name in a couple months.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        Well... Europe has had its' history with walls. Nothing to be proud of. Nothing to repeat. I hope what I am saying means the answer is "no".
        Apparently you are incapable of distinguishing between walls designed to keep people in and walls designed to keep people out.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
          palpatine-prequels.jpg
          "Drat, I was THIS close!"

(Sorry, that's always the first thing I think of when I hear someone talk about a "vote of no confidence".)
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Apparently you are incapable of distinguishing between walls designed to keep people in and walls designed to keep people out.
            Well, a wall that's good at one tends to be equally good at the other. Kinda hard to build one-sided wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Well, a wall that's good at one tends to be equally good at the other. Kinda hard to build one-sided wall.
              I don't know why liberals are so against walls since they themselves live in bubbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I don't know why liberals are so against walls since they themselves live in bubbles.
                Easy. If Trump is FOR it, liberals are against it.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

When I moved here back in the 70s I couldn't help but notice that the schools were all designed to keep people in rather than prevent trespassers. It's how they angle the barbwire at the top.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Easy. If Trump is FOR it, liberals are against it.
                    So if Trump were to declare he was for open borders then Chuck and Nancy would be building a wall with their own two hands?

Don't be silly.

They'd have their servants do it.

Comment

Nancy wants Trump to postpone the SotU Address because she's concerned about SECURITY!!!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Nancy wants Trump to postpone the SotU Address because she's concerned about SECURITY!!!
                        What do they need security for? That is just promoting guns!

Comment

Is there a rule that says that Trump has to deliver the State of the Union in front of Congress? He could do it from the Oval Office, and they can all watch it on TV. No more security concerns.

Comment

Is there a rule that says that Trump has to deliver the State of the Union in front of Congress? He could do it from the Oval Office, and they can all watch it on TV. No more security concerns.
                            He can actually turn in a written script - that's been done before.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              He can actually turn in a written script - that's been done before.
                              It was done that way for much of the nation's history.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                It was done that way for much of the nation's history.
                                Since so many of them couldn't just "jet in" for the big shindig!

Comment