Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I held the door open for a couple of women today, and their response to this display of toxic masculinity was to say a polite thank you. I feel so ashamed.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      No, that was me letting the ladies out first. But, Tassman... in your honor, I stepped off of an elevator BEFORE a woman the other day. I shoved my way in front of her and got off first. I told her sorry, but I didn't want to appear to be toxic.
      Typical Sparko misrepresentation of what I said. This is a very bad habit of yours; it's dishonest. What I said in #169 was: “Whilst not suggesting that you elbow your way out…”

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I held the door open for a couple of women today, and their response to this display of toxic masculinity was to say a polite thank you. I feel so ashamed.
      What are they supposed to do, kick you in the gonads?
      Last edited by Tassman; 02-04-2019, 07:36 PM.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        This is no time to be discussing your fantasies, Tassy.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
          I wonder if these leftist really treat women that way?
          What "these leftists" are saying, as I said, is that all people, male and female, are deserving of equal respect and courtesy. You treat women with extra courtesy whilst exiting elevators whilst keeping them in a subordinate role in everyday life. Despite differences in levels of domination in our society the broad principles remain the same, i.e. men are in control.
          Last edited by Tassman; 02-04-2019, 11:01 PM.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

What "these leftists" are saying, as I said, is that all people, male and female, are deserving of equal respect and courtesy. You treat women with extra courtesy whilst exiting elevators whilst keeping them in a subordinate role in everyday life. Despite differences in levels of domination in our society the broad principles remain the same, i.e. men are in control.
            You're equivocating between 'treating people with equal respect and courtesy' and 'treating everyone exactly the same'. Those two things are not the same, but your argument depends on them being the same.
            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
              You're equivocating between 'treating people with equal respect and courtesy' and 'treating everyone exactly the same'. Those two things are not the same, but your argument depends on them being the same.
              No, I’m not equivocating between ‘treating people with equal respect and courtesy' and 'treating everyone exactly the same'. In the context of the discussion re exiting the elevator the person nearest the door, male or female, exists first. There is no reason why women should go first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                You're right, I'm sure that was their first impulse, but they restrained themselves and instead seemed sincerely grateful, but that was probably just an act.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                  I wonder if these leftist really treat women that way?
                  Well I must say, now that I am no longer toxic and can treat women like crap, I feel emancipated! No more being subservient to the female gender! I can walk through doors first, letting them slam in the face of the matriarchy. Free at last! Oh Lord I am free at last!

Comment

Typical Sparko misrepresentation of what I said. This is a very bad habit of yours; it's dishonest. What I said in #169 was: “Whilst not suggesting that you elbow your way out…”
                    I did NOT use my elbows. What do you think I am? Some sort of caveman? I used my shoulders and shoved my way through, whilst politely announcing "Non-toxic male coming through! Make way!"

Comment

• Have a man hit another man in the face, and then have a man hit a woman in the face, and you'll see that the leftists are just as sexist as they claim those on the right are.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        Have a man hit another man in the face, and then have a man hit a woman in the face, and you'll see that the leftists are just as sexist as they claim those on the right are.
                        But that would be "violence against women!"

Then they want "equality" too.

Cake and eat it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          Have a man hit another man in the face, and then have a man hit a woman in the face, and you'll see that the leftists are just as sexist as they claim those on the right are.
                          Or have a woman who identifies as a man punch a man who identifies as a woman....
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I did NOT use my elbows. What do you think I am? Some sort of caveman? I used my shoulders and shoved my way through, whilst politely announcing "Non-toxic male coming through! Make way!"
                            The point remains. I specifically indicated that I wasn’t suggesting forcing yourself out past women to exit the elevator. Perhaps the nearest to the door should exist first, or is this concept too alien for the likes of you?

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Well I must say, now that I am no longer toxic and can treat women like crap, I feel emancipated! No more being subservient to the female gender! I can walk through doors first, letting them slam in the face of the matriarchy. Free at last! Oh Lord I am free at last!
                            How about simply treating everybody, male and female, with equal respect and courtesy. Although I realize it may be difficult for you to come to terms with this bizarre notion, you can at least try to adapt to the modern world.

Comment

How about simply treating everybody, male and female, with equal respect and courtesy. Although I realize it may be difficult for you to come to terms with this bizarre notion, you can at least try to adapt to the modern world.
                              So, had you been on the Titanic, you'd be screaming "the HELL with women and children - everybody on their own!!!! Treat EVERYBODY the same, male or female....."

(I'm trying to show what an absurd notion you're pretending to hold, but it occurs to me that somebody with your twisted mind might actually embrace this idiocy)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                So, had you been on the Titanic, you'd be screaming "the HELL with women and children - everybody on their own!!!! Treat EVERYBODY the same, male or female....."
                                False equivalency. Exiting an elevator is not the same as being on board a doomed, sinking ship like the Titanic. There is good reason in the latter instance to save the next generation.

(I'm trying to show what an absurd notion you're pretending to hold,
                                You failed!

but it occurs to me that somebody with your twisted mind might actually embrace this idiocy)
                                You can't help yourself can you.

Comment