Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
    Glad to hear it, but this still doesn't address why you allow women to exit an elevator ahead of you. Aren't all people, male and female, deserving of equal respect and courtesy?
    Sure, but expressed in different ways. In the case of women, allowing them to proceed first is a traditional show of respect.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Sure, but expressed in different ways. In the case of women, allowing them to proceed first is a traditional show of respect.
      That's FAR too complicated a notion for the left to comprehend.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Until they get caught with their pants down.
        That’s so a 90’s thing. The modern thing seems to be an almost Puritan view.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          That’s so a 90’s thing. The modern thing seems to be an almost Puritan view.
          Absolutely amazing, eh?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Absolutely amazing, eh?
            Well when you face the consequences of the whole sexual revolution thing, I suppose swinging all the to the other extreme might feel like a good idea.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              Well when you face the consequences of the whole sexual revolution thing, I suppose swinging all the to the other extreme might feel like a good idea.
              Unwittingly, they're throwing a lot of their own under the bus in this new purge.

Comment

Unwittingly, they're throwing a lot of their own under the bus in this new purge.
                ...or, not so unwittingly, given the thread topic.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Yeah, right is right, CP, regardless of the actor.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Yeah, right is right, CP, regardless of the actor.
                    I never said otherwise. I'm simply saying that, in their zealous attempt to destroy the opposition, they're taking a lot of self-inflicted casualties.

Comment

I never said otherwise. I'm simply saying that, in their zealous attempt to destroy the opposition, they're taking a lot of self-inflicted casualties.
                      Several liberal pundits have pointed out that the #MeToo movement claimed significantly more liberal scalps than conservative ones.

Just sayin.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Keeping women "barefoot and pregnant over the kitchen sink" is a traditional attitude too. So is keeping women subservient to men. Maintaining such traditions is not necessarily desirable...maybe for men, but not for women.
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          Keeping women "barefoot and pregnant over the kitchen sink" is a traditional attitude too. So is keeping women subservient to men. Maintaining such traditions is not necessarily desirable...maybe for men, but not for women.
                          Do you work at being that obtuse, or does it just come naturally?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                            And you consider that a traditional show of respect, do ya?
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              No, you tell your wife those things because you love her. But I trust this is not the reason you let all women step out of the elevator ahead of you.
                              No, that was me letting the ladies out first. But, Tassman... in your honor, I stepped off of an elevator BEFORE a woman the other day. I shoved my way in front of her and got off first. I told her sorry, but I didn't want to appear to be toxic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                No, that was me letting the ladies out first. But, Tassman... in your honor, I stepped off of an elevator BEFORE a woman the other day. I shoved my way in front of her and got off first. I told her sorry, but I didn't want to appear to be toxic.
                                I wonder if these leftist really treat women that way?
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment