Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Why don't you open the car door for men, Lilpix? Don't you respect them?
    Jim, showing a little more respect for women doesn't mean a lack of respect for men. I can respect women, but treat my wife with greater respect.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      So we SHOULDN'T treat women with respect because they were oppressed in the past. Got it. :
      Yes women were oppressed in the past, just as blacks were oppressed in the past, to our shame. But we now know better and treat ALL people with equal respect because it is the right thing to do.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Yes women were oppressed in the past, just as blacks were oppressed in the past, to our shame. But we now know better and treat ALL people with equal respect because it is the right thing to do.
        Tass, if your mother is still alive (apologies if she's not) do you treat her 100% exactly the same as ALL people?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
          As I told told you before, treating all people with respect does mean that we treat everybody in the exact same way. I'm not sure why this is so hard for you lunkheads to understand.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Tass, if your mother is still alive (apologies if she's not) do you treat her 100% exactly the same as ALL people?
            No she's not actually, but of course one does not treat loved ones "the same as all other people". They are special and we treat than as special.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

No she's not actually,
              Sorry, mine isn't either

but of course one does not treat loved ones "the same as all other people". They are special and we treat than as special.
              And I think women are special so I treat them special.

Comment

And I think women are special so I treat them special.
                I was actually referring to family and close loved ones, but I guess you knew that.

Comment

I was actually referring to family and close loved ones, but I guess you knew that.
                  But why so prejudiced? Why not treat ALL people exactly the same?

Comment

But why so prejudiced? Why not treat ALL people exactly the same?
                    This is precisely what I'm advocating. Equal treatment for all, male and female. The exception being of course, our loved ones.

Comment

Jim, showing a little more respect for women doesn't mean a lack of respect for men.
                      Actually that is exactly what it does. If you are showing more respect for women in certain regards, then you are showing less respect for men. Simple math.

I can respect women, but treat my wife with greater respect.
                      What does that even mean? Do you mean to say that you open the car door for your wife, but not for other women?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Actually that is exactly what it does.
                        Only to a boob.

What does that even mean? Do you mean to say that you open the car door for your wife, but not for other women?
                        I believe you run zero risk of being accused of being a gentleman.

Comment

This is precisely what I'm advocating. Equal treatment for all, male and female. The exception being of course, our loved ones.
                          Why them? What makes them more special than ALL other people? That's entirely subjective. Why not love everybody equally?

Comment

Why them? What makes them more special than ALL other people? That's entirely subjective. Why not love everybody equally?
                            It is love, either familial or romantic, that makes some people more special than others.

Comment

Yeah none of that reparations or affirmative action crap, right?

Comment

It is love, either familial or romantic, that makes some people more special than others.
                                And I love being a gentleman to ladies. You got a problem with that?

Comment