Page 123 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1405

Thread: So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    When you find yourself vigorously defending NAMBLA that should be an obvious red flag for yourself that it is time to step back, take a deep breath and rethink the position of never admitting your wrong at all costs.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Not really. The normal function of the sex organs is for attempts at sexual reproduction.
    The sex organs are also for giving pleasure, not just procreation. Arguably the former is more common.

Not really. variations from normal are by definition abnormalities. For instance, there are roughly the same percentage of people with Down's Syndrome and that have red hair. Would you call Down's Syndrome normal?
    “Abnormal” is usually understood as “deviating from what is normal or usual, typically in a way that is undesirable or worrying” – Merriam Webster.

Whilst this would apply to a person with Down’s Syndrome it does not apply to those with red hair, or ‘left-handed’ or, given our current state of knowledge, homosexual...all of which are just variations of the norm.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And adults who like to have sex with young children, and young children who like to have sex with adults is just another "variation of the norm", right?

This is the problem with arguments that defend homosexuality as "normal": they can also be used to defend pedophilia. Your choice is to either hypocritically reject the arguments, or swallow your disgust and defend pedophilia. I wonder which you'll choose?

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And adults who like to have sex with young children, and young children who like to have sex with adults is just another "variation of the norm", right?

This is the problem with arguments that defend homosexuality as "normal": they can also be used to defend pedophilia.
    Just as “normal” heterosexuality can be used to defend rape and sexual exploitation of women such as grabbing their genitals.

Your choice is to either hypocritically reject the arguments, or swallow your disgust and defend pedophilia. I wonder which you'll choose?
    Or, more appropriately, reject any sexual behavior that results in victims, such as rape and pedophilia, and accept behavior that is based upon mutual consent and love.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Just as “normal” heterosexuality can be used to defend rape and sexual exploitation of women such as grabbing their genitals.
    Those seemingly fall into the "variation of the norm" that the left wants to defend as okay.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassmoron View Post

Or, more appropriately, reject any sexual behavior that results in victims, such as rape and pedophilia, and accept behavior that is based upon mutual consent and love.
    Like I said, your entire argument is based on the premise that children can't consent, which is a legal objection and not a moral one. What if psychologists faced with social pressure suddenly "discover" that they can consent, and the laws are changed accordingly? Well then, pedophilia would be considered "normal".

Heck, we're already part way there with organizations like the American Psychiatric Association downgrading pedophilia from a disorder to merely an "atypical sexual interest" with liberals like you and JimL applauding and depending this. Just be careful where you step, because that slope is slippery as hell.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    But WAS it actually a mental illness, Tassman? According to your definition is actually WAS one. Which means it still would be.

Maybe not in American society, but in others it was/is. Mohammad married a 14 year old girl remember? And raping used to be the standard way of taking control of captive women in many societies. In fact I think it is still legal to not only beat but rape your wife under Sharia law.

Actually she was 9 according to the sources. They used a lunar calendar at the time, which if I'm remembering right puts her around 6 under our solar calendar.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Actually she was 9 according to the sources. They used a lunar calendar at the time, which if I'm remembering right puts her around 6 under our solar calendar.
    IIRC she was 7 when they married and Muhammad was forced to wait until she was 9 to consummate the marriage due to a prolonged illness on her part.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    IIRC she was 7 when they married and Muhammad was forced to wait until she was 9 to consummate the marriage due to a prolonged illness on her part.
    He was real gentleman.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

10. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Caught in the Matrix
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I don't suppose you realize that this argument cuts its own throat. If society and reason can get it wrong then how do you know when it gets it right? What is your baseline?
    If god can get it wrong, then how do you know when he gets it right? We as human beings decide what is in the best interests of ourselves and the society we live in. We don't always get that right, and morality evolves as do we. You attribute those changes to god, even though you call it an objective standard, I attribute them to human evolution.