Page 118 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1199

Thread: So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    I guess it would, to a moron.

ANY sexual urges which cannot be kept under control and risk resulting in non-consensual sex, can be classified as a mental illness requiring therapy…or jail if they’re acted upon.
    So again, if someone has the urge to have sex with children and seeks psychiatric help to keep it under control so that he doesn't act on it, under your theory he would not have a mental illness because he didn't act upon it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I guess it would, to a moron.

ANY sexual urges which cannot be kept under control and risk resulting in non-consensual sex, can be classified as a mental illness requiring therapy…or jail if they’re acted upon.
    So again, if someone has the urge to have sex with children and seeks psychiatric help to keep it under control so that he doesn't act on it, under your theory he would not have a mental illness because he didn't act upon it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Congratulations. You've just argued that every rapist and child molester should be entitled to the 'temporary insanity' defense in court.
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Congratulations. You've just argued that every rapist and child molester should be entitled to the 'temporary insanity' defense in court.
    That is why when I was talking about pedophiles I said, "Insane or evil" - because there are some out there who are perfectly sane but do things from a standpoint of selfishness and evil.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    ANY sexual urges which cannot be kept under control are classified as a mental illness. JimL is correct about your comprehension problem.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ANY sexual urges which cannot be kept under control are classified as a mental illness. JimL is correct about your comprehension problem.
    Are you insane? So if you have an urge to have sex with your wife and give in to that urge and have sex with your wife, according to you you are insane.

Tassman, please stop while you are only neck deep in the hole you dug for yourself. I can't take much more of this. I am laughing so hard I can't catch my breath.

dims.gif

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Are you insane? So if you have an urge to have sex with your wife and give in to that urge and have sex with your wife, according to you you are insane.

Tassman, please stop while you are only neck deep in the hole you dug for yourself. I can't take much more of this. I am laughing so hard I can't catch my breath.

dims.gif
    The very fact that Tassman thinks "JimL is correct" should cast doubt on his sanity.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The very fact that Tassman thinks "JimL is correct" should cast doubt on his sanity.
    I am still getting over the flu and I was laughing so hard I started coughing again. Tassman should do standup comedy.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

dims.gif
    Apparently you can't grasp the difference between giving into the urge of consentual sex with, and the raping of, your wife, Sparko. Tassman is suggesting that the latter is a mental illness problem, not the former, as you, and CP, once again miscomprehend.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Apparently you can't grasp the difference between giving into the urge of consentual sex with, and the raping of, your wife, Sparko. Tassman is suggesting that the latter is a mental illness problem, not the former, as you, and CP, once again miscomprehend.
    The term is "consensual sex", Jimmy. And by defining it as "mental illness", you and Reverend Tassman are unwittingly allowing rapists an unjust defense in court. All they have to do is claim temporary insanity. It would really suck to be a rape victim at your mercy.