Page 139 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1582

Thread: So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    And the fact that you think Muslims murdering homosexuals is immoral in their own society shows you believe that standard to be objective and universal.
    I can't believe that this fact is going over Tass' head.
    Last edited by seer; 06-12-2019 at 07:09 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    I think Tass is so fixed on defending homosexuality that he is incapable of looking at facts or reason or logic - and goes straight to emotion.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Well his head is so buried up his tuckus that pretty much everything goes over his head.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Then you have no complaint. But the fact that you are here arguing with me and others about what is good and what is bad, what is moral and immoral, means that you do believe in some moral standard of "good" that we should all strive towards.
    I am NOT arguing about what is good and bad in absolute terms. You are, I’m not. Do you compre?

What was “good” in previous societies, e.g. witch-killing, racial discrimination or incarcerating homosexuals was once acceptable, it is no longer. Much of what is acceptable in our current society may well go the way of witch-killing etc. in the future. They are ALL subjective values.

And the fact that you think Muslims murdering homosexuals is immoral in their own society shows you believe that standard to be objective and universal.
    What “it shows” is that you utterly missed the point. I said the opposite dummy. I didn’t say there was anything wrong with it. According to the standards of their culture it is not wrong, it is divinely mandated. But such activity is no longer acceptable in our culture today. It is in theirs; it is not in ours.

No it is just my observation of what you have said in this thread and others. You both want to claim that morals are just subjective cultural values and that the morals that YOU believe should be applied to everyone.
    I have NOT said that at all, quite the reverse. This is your misrepresentation of what you think I said.

There are NO objective values as I’ve said many times. The morality YOU consider ‘objective’, namely that contained in the bible is just as subjective as the subjective morality of today. The people who wrote the bible were merely reflecting the subjective social values of the day; they were no more ‘objective’ than the social values of today. Just much older and out of touch with current social values.

Do you try to force your preferences for Ice Cream flavors on others? No. Yet you think you can tell others, including me, what my moral standards should be.
    Such hypocrisy. This from someones who wants conservative Justices on the SCOTUS to do exactly that.

The fact that you can't even see what you are doing is just the icing on the cake of your ignorance.

So funny.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    I am NOT arguing about what is good and bad in absolute terms. You are, I’m not. Do you compre?

What was “good” in previous societies, e.g. witch-killing, racial discrimination or incarcerating homosexuals was once acceptable, it is no longer. Much of what is acceptable in our current society may well go the way of witch-killing etc. in the future. They are ALL subjective values.

What “it shows” is that you utterly missed the point. I said the opposite dummy. I didn’t say there was anything wrong with it. According to the standards of their culture it is not wrong, it is divinely mandated. But such activity is no longer acceptable in our culture today. It is in theirs; it is not in ours.

I have NOT said that at all, quite the reverse. This is your misrepresentation of what you think I said.

There are NO objective values as I’ve said many times. The morality YOU consider ‘objective’, namely that contained in the bible is just as subjective as the subjective morality of today. The people who wrote the bible were merely reflecting the subjective social values of the day; they were no more ‘objective’ than the social values of today. Just much older and out of touch with current social values.

Such hypocrisy. This from someones who wants conservative Justices on the SCOTUS to do exactly that.

So funny.

OK then Tassman, Whenever you argue that something is "wrong" in the future, we will just remind you that there is no "right" or "wrong" it is just your subjective opinion, and we don't care what you think.

6. Amen MaxVel amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    OK then Tassman, Whenever you argue that something is "wrong" in the future, we will just remind you that there is no "right" or "wrong" it is just your subjective opinion, and we don't care what you think.

[cough] Buttigieg [cough]

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    [cough] Buttigieg [cough]
    The very fact that Tassman argues with us and wants to convince us that he is right and we are wrong, shows that he believes that morality is objective and there is a standard of "good" that we should all agree on but don't.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The very fact that Tassman argues with us and wants to convince us that he is right and we are wrong, shows that he believes that morality is objective and there is a standard of "good" that we should all agree on but don't.
    I'm beginning to wonder if his happy meal is missing a bunch of fries and pickles.... so often, the links he posts speak AGAINST what he's trying to say, and when you call him on it, he just doubles down.....

and he has this really strange notion that "I've already posted" or "As I've said many times" makes his argument any less nutty or wrrrrrr.... wrrrrr..... wrrrrrrrrrr..... not exactly right.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if his happy meal is missing a bunch of fries and pickles.... so often, the links he posts speak AGAINST what he's trying to say, and when you call him on it, he just doubles down.....

and he has this really strange notion that "I've already posted" or "As I've said many times" makes his argument any less nutty or wrrrrrr.... wrrrrr..... wrrrrrrrrrr..... not exactly right.
    He's a de facto troll, in behaviour, if not in intention. He doesn't respond to being shown wrong, except merely to shift his point of attack.

His worldview is so full of holes and incoherence that I stopped taking him seriously about 8 years ago.

He is helpful in one sense: His irrationality and clear bigoted hatred of Christ and Christians are a data point that helps confirm the truth of the gospel and the Bible.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    He's a de facto troll, in behaviour, if not in intention. He doesn't respond to being shown wrong, except merely to shift his point of attack.

His worldview is so full of holes and incoherence that I stopped taking him seriously about 8 years ago.

He is helpful in one sense: His irrationality and clear bigoted hatred of Christ and Christians are a data point that helps confirm the truth of the gospel and the Bible.
    I was just about to say that same exact thing!!!!