Page 139 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1582

Thread: So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

  1. #1381
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    24,836
    Amen (Given)
    1680
    Amen (Received)
    5016
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    And the fact that you think Muslims murdering homosexuals is immoral in their own society shows you believe that standard to be objective and universal.
    I can't believe that this fact is going over Tass' head.
    Last edited by seer; 06-12-2019 at 07:09 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  2. #1382
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54,480
    Amen (Given)
    11870
    Amen (Received)
    25274
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    I can't believe that this fact is going over Tass' head.
    I think Tass is so fixed on defending homosexuality that he is incapable of looking at facts or reason or logic - and goes straight to emotion.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  3. #1383
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,845
    Amen (Given)
    4984
    Amen (Received)
    22093
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    I can't believe that this fact is going over Tass' head.
    Well his head is so buried up his tuckus that pretty much everything goes over his head.

  4. #1384
    tWebber Tassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney/Phuket
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,329
    Amen (Given)
    2478
    Amen (Received)
    1794
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post

    Then you have no complaint. But the fact that you are here arguing with me and others about what is good and what is bad, what is moral and immoral, means that you do believe in some moral standard of "good" that we should all strive towards.
    I am NOT arguing about what is good and bad in absolute terms. You are, I’m not. Do you compre?

    What was “good” in previous societies, e.g. witch-killing, racial discrimination or incarcerating homosexuals was once acceptable, it is no longer. Much of what is acceptable in our current society may well go the way of witch-killing etc. in the future. They are ALL subjective values.

    And the fact that you think Muslims murdering homosexuals is immoral in their own society shows you believe that standard to be objective and universal.
    What “it shows” is that you utterly missed the point. I said the opposite dummy. I didn’t say there was anything wrong with it. According to the standards of their culture it is not wrong, it is divinely mandated. But such activity is no longer acceptable in our culture today. It is in theirs; it is not in ours.

    No it is just my observation of what you have said in this thread and others. You both want to claim that morals are just subjective cultural values and that the morals that YOU believe should be applied to everyone.
    I have NOT said that at all, quite the reverse. This is your misrepresentation of what you think I said.

    There are NO objective values as I’ve said many times. The morality YOU consider ‘objective’, namely that contained in the bible is just as subjective as the subjective morality of today. The people who wrote the bible were merely reflecting the subjective social values of the day; they were no more ‘objective’ than the social values of today. Just much older and out of touch with current social values.

    Do you try to force your preferences for Ice Cream flavors on others? No. Yet you think you can tell others, including me, what my moral standards should be.
    Such hypocrisy. This from someones who wants conservative Justices on the SCOTUS to do exactly that.

    The fact that you can't even see what you are doing is just the icing on the cake of your ignorance.

    So funny.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

  5. #1385
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,845
    Amen (Given)
    4984
    Amen (Received)
    22093
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    I am NOT arguing about what is good and bad in absolute terms. You are, I’m not. Do you compre?

    What was “good” in previous societies, e.g. witch-killing, racial discrimination or incarcerating homosexuals was once acceptable, it is no longer. Much of what is acceptable in our current society may well go the way of witch-killing etc. in the future. They are ALL subjective values.



    What “it shows” is that you utterly missed the point. I said the opposite dummy. I didn’t say there was anything wrong with it. According to the standards of their culture it is not wrong, it is divinely mandated. But such activity is no longer acceptable in our culture today. It is in theirs; it is not in ours.



    I have NOT said that at all, quite the reverse. This is your misrepresentation of what you think I said.

    There are NO objective values as I’ve said many times. The morality YOU consider ‘objective’, namely that contained in the bible is just as subjective as the subjective morality of today. The people who wrote the bible were merely reflecting the subjective social values of the day; they were no more ‘objective’ than the social values of today. Just much older and out of touch with current social values.



    Such hypocrisy. This from someones who wants conservative Justices on the SCOTUS to do exactly that.




    So funny.


    OK then Tassman, Whenever you argue that something is "wrong" in the future, we will just remind you that there is no "right" or "wrong" it is just your subjective opinion, and we don't care what you think.


  6. Amen MaxVel amen'd this post.
  7. #1386
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54,480
    Amen (Given)
    11870
    Amen (Received)
    25274
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    OK then Tassman, Whenever you argue that something is "wrong" in the future, we will just remind you that there is no "right" or "wrong" it is just your subjective opinion, and we don't care what you think.

    [cough] Buttigieg [cough]
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  8. #1387
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,845
    Amen (Given)
    4984
    Amen (Received)
    22093
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    [cough] Buttigieg [cough]
    The very fact that Tassman argues with us and wants to convince us that he is right and we are wrong, shows that he believes that morality is objective and there is a standard of "good" that we should all agree on but don't.

  9. #1388
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54,480
    Amen (Given)
    11870
    Amen (Received)
    25274
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    The very fact that Tassman argues with us and wants to convince us that he is right and we are wrong, shows that he believes that morality is objective and there is a standard of "good" that we should all agree on but don't.
    I'm beginning to wonder if his happy meal is missing a bunch of fries and pickles.... so often, the links he posts speak AGAINST what he's trying to say, and when you call him on it, he just doubles down.....

    and he has this really strange notion that "I've already posted" or "As I've said many times" makes his argument any less nutty or wrrrrrr.... wrrrrr..... wrrrrrrrrrr..... not exactly right.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  10. #1389
    tWebber MaxVel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    It's hot!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,421
    Amen (Given)
    1051
    Amen (Received)
    1565
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if his happy meal is missing a bunch of fries and pickles.... so often, the links he posts speak AGAINST what he's trying to say, and when you call him on it, he just doubles down.....

    and he has this really strange notion that "I've already posted" or "As I've said many times" makes his argument any less nutty or wrrrrrr.... wrrrrr..... wrrrrrrrrrr..... not exactly right.
    He's a de facto troll, in behaviour, if not in intention. He doesn't respond to being shown wrong, except merely to shift his point of attack.

    His worldview is so full of holes and incoherence that I stopped taking him seriously about 8 years ago.

    He is helpful in one sense: His irrationality and clear bigoted hatred of Christ and Christians are a data point that helps confirm the truth of the gospel and the Bible.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

  11. #1390
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54,480
    Amen (Given)
    11870
    Amen (Received)
    25274
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    He's a de facto troll, in behaviour, if not in intention. He doesn't respond to being shown wrong, except merely to shift his point of attack.

    His worldview is so full of holes and incoherence that I stopped taking him seriously about 8 years ago.

    He is helpful in one sense: His irrationality and clear bigoted hatred of Christ and Christians are a data point that helps confirm the truth of the gospel and the Bible.
    I was just about to say that same exact thing!!!!




    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •