Page 151 of 159 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1582

Thread: So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

  1. #1501
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,078
    Amen (Given)
    4878
    Amen (Received)
    21749
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    And those changing morals which flow with society, change with the times, don't just change willy nilly, they change for "good reasons".
    Again, don't answer for Tassman. He doesn't believe in objective morals like you do.

  2. #1502
    tWebber MaxVel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    It's hot!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,418
    Amen (Given)
    1051
    Amen (Received)
    1548
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    And those changing morals which flow with society, change with the times, don't just change willy nilly, they change for "good reasons".
    The point is that they do change, therefore arguing someone is morally wrong from within that worldview is essentially merely an expression of subjective opinion. And thus of no more interest, or value, than any other subjective opinion held by some stranger on the Net.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

  3. Amen Sparko, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  4. #1503
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,935
    Amen (Given)
    1607
    Amen (Received)
    1438
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    The point is that they do change, therefore arguing someone is morally wrong from within that worldview is essentially merely an expression of subjective opinion. And thus of no more interest, or value, than any other subjective opinion held by some stranger on the Net.
    Some subjective opinions are correct, and some are wrong.

  5. #1504
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,078
    Amen (Given)
    4878
    Amen (Received)
    21749
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Some subjective opinions are correct, and some are wrong.
    Then they are not subjective.

  6. #1505
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,445
    Amen (Given)
    5554
    Amen (Received)
    5760
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Some subjective opinions are correct, and some are wrong.
    Oh, come on, Jimmy, even you can't be this stupid. By definition, it is impossible to ascribe a truth value to a subjective opinion.

    And if you really are this stupid, well...
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  7. #1506
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,078
    Amen (Given)
    4878
    Amen (Received)
    21749
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Oh, come on, Jimmy, even you can't be this stupid. By definition, it is impossible to ascribe a truth value to a subjective opinion.

    And if you really are this stupid, well...
    Remember, JimboLoony has been arguing that relative/subjective morals have been getting "better"

  8. #1507
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,935
    Amen (Given)
    1607
    Amen (Received)
    1438
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Then they are not subjective.
    Yes, but not in your sense of the terms. what is objectively true needn't derive from a divine source, or be absolute law. It is an objective fact that murder, rape, theft, etc etc are not in our best interests as a human community, and that has nothing to do with them having objective realities as divine laws in their own right.

  9. #1508
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,078
    Amen (Given)
    4878
    Amen (Received)
    21749
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Yes, but not in your sense of the terms. what is objectively true needn't derive from a divine source, or be absolute law. It is an objective fact that murder, rape, theft, etc etc are not in our best interests as a human community, and that has nothing to do with them having objective realities as divine laws in their own right.
    So you believe morality is objective. Thanks for playing, but like I said, you shouldn't be answering for Tassman since he disagrees with you on the subject.

  10. #1509
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,445
    Amen (Given)
    5554
    Amen (Received)
    5760
    It turns out that air-conditioning is sexist because the customary temperature for the office environment is set at a level that is comfortable for men in suits leaving the poor women in their short skirts and cute tank tops to freeze. Also, we should give up air-conditioning because people in third-world countries get along just fine without it, and so should we. So says a writer from the New York Times, pecking away from the comfort of her air-conditioned cubicle.

    It's curious that the article did not include details of the Times' new air-conditioner free policy as they lead the charge to right this wrong. Must have been an oversight.

    https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...-conditioning/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  11. #1510
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    50,773
    Amen (Given)
    1078
    Amen (Received)
    18438
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It turns out that air-conditioning is sexist because the customary temperature for the office environment is set at a level that is comfortable for men in suits leaving the poor women in their short skirts and cute tank tops to freeze. Also, we should give up air-conditioning because people in third-world countries get along just fine without it, and so should we. So says a writer from the New York Times, pecking away from the comfort of her air-conditioned cubicle.

    It's curious that the article did not include details of the Times' new air-conditioner free policy as they lead the charge to right this wrong. Must have been an oversight.

    https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...-conditioning/
    From Taylor Lorenz, a staff writer at The Atlantic:



    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •