Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think toxic masculinity is a reference to men whose mind has been distorted by the toxic hyperactivity control drugs given to them when they were children. The drugs distorted their neurons and made them aggressive and suicidal so as to imagine it a good idea to shoot up innocent people. This all is a consequence of leftist policies for the schools.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    I think toxic masculinity is a reference to men whose mind has been distorted by the toxic hyperactivity control drugs given to them when they were children. The drugs distorted their neurons and made them aggressive and suicidal so as to imagine it a good idea to shoot up innocent people. This all is a consequence of leftist policies for the schools.
    More than once I've heard that drugs like Ritalin and Adderall were designed to make boys (who are prescribed them at much higher rates than girls) "calmer" and behave more like girls in the classroom.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Wow. You're completely nuts. Do you wear a tin-foil hat?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    I love your brilliant retorts.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    The Allure of Aggressive Men
    A new study illuminates why women can find combativeness attractive.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...aggressive-men
    Actually, if you read the link the women found aggressive men attractive at times for short-term flings, but not for long-term relationships. Instead they went for 'nice guys' for long term relationships.

the thinking goes, women will maximize their reproductive success by choosing a macho man as a short-term mate for his genes, and a less masculine man with a warmer personality for a long-term, invested partner.

What did the researchers find? Women preferred aggressive men as short-term mates, and particularly during ovulation... At the same time, it is important to underscore that these men were preferred as short-term mates. Dominant men who derive pleasure from being aggressive deliver scant relationship benefits because they pose a threat to the family, show decreased parental investment, and have affairs. Consequently, and as expected, the women in this study preferred less aggressive men for long-term relationships.

So the macho men get the one night stands, but the nice guys get the girls long-term.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Great!

However, as such, many older conservatives would thus view you as having been brainwashed by the SJWs. Back in their day, men were real men (i.e. jerks).

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Great!

However, as such, many older conservatives would thus view you as having been brainwashed by the SJWs. Back in their day, men were real men (i.e. jerks).
    NO, Starlight the vast majority of older conservatives would be the ones that taught TheWall how not to be a jerk. Your prejudice is showing. sure there are some conservative men who are jerks, but some liberal men are as well, Harvey Wienstien ring a bell. So until you start calling out those bad actors on your side you are nothing but a bigoted hypocrite especially when you continue to paint conservatives with that broad brush of yours.

I am still waiting for that list of yours here. you still have a chance to disprove you are a bigoted hypocrite if you can come up with a list statements from that article Little Joe posted. It shouldn't be to hard if you read the article in question as you said you had, when you called almost half of the American voters morally depraved.

8. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It is also present when there was no man in the house to be a role model to boys, which is also a consequence of leftist policies.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 01-17-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    NPC Starlight's default when his programed responses wont let him pretend he has anything to add to the conversation. Falsely accuse his opponent of being nuts.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by RumTumTugger View Post
    NO, Starlight the vast majority of older conservatives would be the ones that taught TheWall how not to be a jerk. Your prejudice is showing. sure there are some conservative men who are jerks, but some liberal men are as well, Harvey Wienstien ring a bell. So until you start calling out those bad actors on your side you are nothing but a bigoted hypocrite especially when you continue to paint conservatives with that broad brush of yours.
    As has been noted many times the decided majority of those outed as predators by the #MeToo movement have been liberals with a number of them masquerading as champions of women's rights.

I'd say the majority of the older conservative men around here were taught to treat women like ladies and it is from the left that such behavior is derided.
    Last edited by rogue06; 01-17-2019 at 03:10 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

12. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.