Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Then why are you defending it as normal?
    I’m not. I’m saying it exists, which is not the same thing...just as desire to rape beautiful women "exists" and especially pronounced in Bible Belt districts. It's what such people do about such urges that's important, not their existence.

It is either a mental illness or just pure evil. Which do you think it is?
    I think ALL rape (or ANY non-consensual sex) is profoundly unacceptable behavior and deservedly a criminal offence in our society.
    Last edited by Tassman; 04-09-2019, 12:16 AM.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Because without that distinction being agreed upon, there can be no real dialogue about what is next, whatever that may be.
      Why would anything "be next"?

OK, as in I don't think either abnormality deserves a death penalty.
      What DO they deserve, Bill?
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Trump supporters are in no position to take the moral high ground regarding Biden. Biden has been accused of making some women uncomfortable, nothing more. This as opposed to numerous sexual accusations against Trump, plus paying off Playboy bunnies and big-breasted women and gratuitous boasting about what he can get away with sexually against women because he's "a star". There's no comparison and it is is pathetic that you are attempting to compare the two.
        Trump has been accused but nothing was credible. He also talked sexist on tape. The democrats wanted to hang him. Biden has been on cameras for 10 years showing him sexually harassing women and children and nothing has been done and he is excused as a lovable old fart who doesn't know better. Despite him claiming to champion women's rights against sexual harassment.

Comment

I’m not. I’m saying it exists, which is not the same thing...just as desire to rape beautiful women "exists" and especially pronounced in Bible Belt districts. It's what such people do about such urges that's important, not their existence.
          No you were defending it as normal and not a mental disorder. Do you think a desire to rape women is normal too?

How often do you fantasize about having sex with children or raping women, Tassman? If it is normal and just exists, surely you have those thoughts, right?

Comment

Why would anything "be next"?
            Because life happens.

What DO they deserve, Bill?
            The right to not be killed in-utero just for not being normal.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

"profoundly unacceptable behavior"
              I pity you for having a worldview where such horrible and horrendously evil behaviour such as rape cannot be called the evil that it is, but is instead called "profoundly unacceptable behaviour", which utterly fails to describe just how reprehensible of an action it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                I pity you for having a worldview where such horrible and horrendously evil behaviour such as rape cannot be called the evil that it is, but is instead called "profoundly unacceptable behaviour", which utterly fails to describe just how reprehensible of an action it is.

It's only evil if someone he doesn't like were to do it, like say Kavanaugh, or Trump. Nobody has ever accused Tassman of being unbiased.

Comment

• Just as a warning, the sound is a bit loud at the beginning:

Unfortunately this video wasn't published in time to save Biden, but hopefully it will be of help to other, potential, harassers of women.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                    Just as a warning, the sound is a bit loud at the beginning:

Unfortunately this video wasn't published in time to save Biden, but hopefully it will be of help to other, potential, harassers of women.
                    What a sick freak!

Comment

Trump has been accused but nothing was credible. He also talked sexist on tape. The democrats wanted to hang him.
                      The Trump accusations are highly credible and his "talking sexist on tape" was sexist gloating about what he does to women at every opportunity... complete with tic-tacs to keep his breath fresh when he forcefully kisses them. A thoughtful touch, don't you think?

Biden has been on cameras for 10 years showing him sexually harassing women and children
                      OTOH, unlike your hero Trump, Biden has only been accused of making women feel uncomfortable, NOT sexually harassing them. He is a lovable old fart from the old school who has a creditable history of championing women's rights. And he has acknowledged that his old-school avuncular habits need to change with the times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                        The Trump accusations are highly credible...
                        Which accusation did you find most credible:

The one where a woman accused Trump of raising the armrest of a first-class airplane seat to grope her even though first-class seats have fixed armrests?

Perhaps your were convinced by the moving account of Trump groping a woman at a Ray Charles concert despite the fact that the concert never happened?

Was it the campaign staffer who accused Trump of trying to kiss her only to have her two named witnesses deny it?

Maybe the reporter who alleged that Trump's butler had to intervene to stop Trump from assaulting her, but the butler has no memory of the incident?

Maybe it was the woman who found Trump's advances so off-putting that she continued asking him for business advice and later applied for a job on his presidential campaign?

I don't know, man, those all seem pretty credible, don't they?
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The one where a woman accused Trump of raising the armrest of a first-class airplane seat to grope her even though first-class seats have fixed armrests?

Perhaps your were convinced by the moving account of Trump groping a woman at a Ray Charles concert despite the fact that the concert never happened?

Was it the campaign staffer who accused Trump of trying to kiss her only to have her two named witnesses deny it?

Maybe the reporter who alleged that Trump's butler had to intervene to stop Trump from assaulting her, but the butler has no memory of the incident?

Maybe it was the woman who found Trump's advances so off-putting that she continued asking him for business advice and later applied for a job on his presidential campaign?

Ah now - that would be the Mandela effect, which is how he could have done those things without leaving any historical evidence to demonstrate that he could have done them. Surely you know that is the reason for Trump being president despite Clinton's landslide win at the polls.
                          Last edited by tabibito; 04-09-2019, 09:01 PM.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

No you were defending it as normal and not a mental disorder. Do you think a desire to rape women is normal too?
                            I said that unacceptable sexual urges exist for some people, which is undeniable. Your insistence in defining them as “mental disorders” is simply an incorrect usage of the term; sometimes they are, sometimes they aren’t. A ‘mental disorder’ is a behavioral or mental pattern that causes significant distress or impairment of personal functioning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

We have Trump’s own words on tape. E.g. Trump tells Billy Bush about a failed attempt to seduce Nancy O'Dell:

“I moved on her, and I failed. I'll admit it.

I did try and **** her. She was married.

And I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, "I'll show you where they have some nice furniture." I took her out furniture—I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn't get there. And she was married”.

That's "pretty credible".

Comment

We have Trump’s own words on tape. E.g. Trump tells Billy Bush about a failed attempt to seduce Nancy O'Dell:

“I moved on her, and I failed. I'll admit it.

I did try and **** her. She was married.

And I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, "I'll show you where they have some nice furniture." I took her out furniture—I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn't get there. And she was married”.

That's "pretty credible".
                                He tried to pick up a woman. Since she got married in 2004 and the tape was from 2005, very possibly right before he married Melania. While I certainly don't support him "hitting on" a married woman it hardly supports the claims made against him

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment