Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fake News; Buzz Feed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake News; Buzz Feed...

President Trump Directed His Attorney Michael Cohen To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-investigation

If you have been watching the talking heads this has been big news for the last two days, they finally got Trump! Impeach!

But wait, just in:

Mueller team disputes BuzzFeed report claiming Trump told Cohen to lie

“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate,” Peter Carr, a spokesman for Mueller’s office, said Friday.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mue...d-cohen-to-lie
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

How dare you use a fake news site such as Fox News to try to dispute the unimpeachable Buzzfeed and their stellar reporter Jason Leopold, who should always be trusted in spite of having been shown to be a fabricator and plagiarist!
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I assume you are all going to trust Mueller on this one though some of you usually don't put much trust in him. I think he did the right thing btw.

And in order to make sure that no one puts too much or too little into the statement, a central point is:

BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate
      Last edited by Charles; 01-19-2019, 03:48 AM.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Yes, not accurate is not the same as false. Mueller likely very angry if his office is leaking.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

But leak most likely from somewhere else.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Interesting that the dirty cop would crawl out of his hole specifically to squash this rumor. I wonder what his angle is?

Of course we didn't need Mueller to tell us this was fake news because first of all, it's Buzzfeed, and secondly, when the reporters went on CNN to promote their story, they admitted that they hadn't actually seen the evidence themselves.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Democrat leaders who just hours ago were screaming, "If this is true then we need to immediately begin impeachment proceedings!" are now saying, "Looks like impeachment is off the table."

Just kidding. Nothing but deafening silence from the peanut gallery.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...sel-statement/

Comment

Trump, Jr. drops a truth bomb:

If the media does not spend — minute for minute — the same amount of time on the death of the latest #FakeNews from @BuzzFeed (RIP) that they did speculating about “IF IT’S TRUE 😱!” then they should quit even pretending to be unbiased. What a disgrace. #RIPbuzzfeed

https://mobile.twitter.com/DonaldJTr...n-testimony%2F

Comment

I read an interesting theory that this may have been an internal sting by Mueller's team to draw out leakers, which is why he was so quick to quash it.

Although I am amused by all the delusions snowflakes desperately telling themselves, "It could still be true!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I read an interesting theory that this may have been an internal sting by Mueller's team to draw out leakers, which is why he was so quick to quash it.

Although I am amused by all the delusions snowflakes desperately telling themselves, "It could still be true!"
                    A link to the interesting theory?
                    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

And now the pot is accusing the kettle of being black:

Source:

"This is a bad day for the news media. Let’s not kid ourselves," Toobin said on CNN. “The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and they’re willing to lie to do it ... this is a bad day for us [because] it reinforces every bad stereotype about the media."

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...-to-get-trump/

© Copyright Original Source

As if CNN hasn't repeatedly reinforced that impression themselves.

Comment

Interesting that the dirty cop would crawl out of his hole specifically to squash this rumor. I wonder what his angle is?

Of course we didn't need Mueller to tell us this was fake news because first of all, it's Buzzfeed, and secondly, when the reporters went on CNN to promote their story, they admitted that they hadn't actually seen the evidence themselves.
                        Are you a Putin stooge?

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          Are you a Putin stooge?
                          Curly was my favorite stooge. I kinda figure you're likely more of a Moe guy.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And now the pot is accusing the kettle of being black:

Source:

"This is a bad day for the news media. Let’s not kid ourselves," Toobin said on CNN. “The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and they’re willing to lie to do it ... this is a bad day for us [because] it reinforces every bad stereotype about the media."

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...-to-get-trump/

As if CNN hasn't repeatedly reinforced that impression themselves.
                            Source: MONTAGE: MEDIA WAS ALREADY CALLING FOR TRUMP IMPEACHMENT FOLLOWING DISPUTED BUZZFEED REPORT

‘Absolutely these are impeachment offenses’

Mere moments after BuzzFeed published a report — elements of which are now being called “false” by Special Council Robert Mueller’s office — the media had already begun invoking Trump’s imminent impeachment.

CBS News’s Paula Reid said: "If this 'BuzzFeed' news report is true, that the special counsel has evidence beyond just Michael Cohen's testimony, that the president directed his former personal attorney to lie to Congress, then we are likely on our way to possible impeachment proceedings. Because this, this is black and white.”

CNN’s Jim Sciutto said: "No reaction this morning from President Trump to report that ties him directly to the very same offense for which the House of Representatives moved to impeach Richard Nixon and two decades later Bill Clinton. ... The key offense at issue here is what is known as suborning or encouraging perjury, witness tampering, obstruction of justice."

MSNBC contributor Jill Wine Banks said: “I think this is the kind of evidence that could influence Republicans as well as Democrats to act faster. Because they are the ones who got lied to, and the public got lied to. There were also evidence of Nixon lying to the public as grounds for impeachment. And so while absolutely these are impeachment offenses and should be looked at for that, and we in Watergate decided that the best approach was the political one of impeachment, it didn’t mean that the crimes that were committed weren’t also subject to being indicted."

The Washington Post’s Eugene Robinson said: “

ROBINSON: “It’s not just Cohen raising his hand and saying , you know, I know this thing. There’s actual evidence backing it up. That's -- that is a huge deal. We are talking subornation of perjury. You know, we're talking -- we’re -- we're deep in the realm now of credibly impeachable offenses. There is no excuse for this. And there is no way to talk you way out of this. If this is true the president's in deep trouble.”

Check out the montage above for many more.

Source

You'll have to click the link to get to the video montage, and note as the article makes clear this was from the nearly instantaneous reaction of the MSM. There was a great deal more as time went on. For instance, the Daily Caller reported that "CNN and MSNBC collectively used the word “impeach” nearly 200 times on Friday before the Special Counsel’s office disputed a bombshell report by BuzzFeed News."

I wonder how many psychiatric appointments were made and prescriptions filled for antidepressants after they discovered that this was yet again one more instance of Fake News? A crestfallen Chris Matthews, host of MSNBC's Hardball even groused after Mueller's office popped his bubble that just because they said it was "not accurate … it doesn’t mean it’s not true." The old false but accurate shtick
                            Last edited by rogue06; 01-19-2019, 12:56 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                              Are you a Putin stooge?
                              Of course I am.

Comment