Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fake News; Buzz Feed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not! I meant not!
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      President Trump Directed His Attorney Michael Cohen To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-investigation

If you have been watching the talking heads this has been big news for the last two days, they finally got Trump! Impeach!

But wait, just in:

Mueller team disputes BuzzFeed report claiming Trump told Cohen to lie

“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate,” Peter Carr, a spokesman for Mueller’s office, said Friday.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mue...d-cohen-to-lie
      Well, whether the sources here were peddling a false story or not, we already know that Trump suborned perjury, told Cohen to lie for him on occassion. He lied for him concerning the payed off mistresses and the campaign finance law violations. I don't doubt for a second that Trump told Cohen to lie, whether Cohen admitted to that or not is another story. And even if Trump didn't direct him, that was Cohens job, he was the fixer. Who really cares at this point, we already know that Trumps a criminal, a Russian asset, and a traitor to the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Source: MONTAGE: MEDIA WAS ALREADY CALLING FOR TRUMP IMPEACHMENT FOLLOWING DISPUTED BUZZFEED REPORT

‘Absolutely these are impeachment offenses’

Mere moments after BuzzFeed published a report — elements of which are now being called “false” by Special Council Robert Mueller’s office — the media had already begun invoking Trump’s imminent impeachment.

CBS News’s Paula Reid said: "If this 'BuzzFeed' news report is true, that the special counsel has evidence beyond just Michael Cohen's testimony, that the president directed his former personal attorney to lie to Congress, then we are likely on our way to possible impeachment proceedings. Because this, this is black and white.”

CNN’s Jim Sciutto said: "No reaction this morning from President Trump to report that ties him directly to the very same offense for which the House of Representatives moved to impeach Richard Nixon and two decades later Bill Clinton. ... The key offense at issue here is what is known as suborning or encouraging perjury, witness tampering, obstruction of justice."

MSNBC contributor Jill Wine Banks said: “I think this is the kind of evidence that could influence Republicans as well as Democrats to act faster. Because they are the ones who got lied to, and the public got lied to. There were also evidence of Nixon lying to the public as grounds for impeachment. And so while absolutely these are impeachment offenses and should be looked at for that, and we in Watergate decided that the best approach was the political one of impeachment, it didn’t mean that the crimes that were committed weren’t also subject to being indicted."

The Washington Post’s Eugene Robinson said: “

ROBINSON: “It’s not just Cohen raising his hand and saying , you know, I know this thing. There’s actual evidence backing it up. That's -- that is a huge deal. We are talking subornation of perjury. You know, we're talking -- we’re -- we're deep in the realm now of credibly impeachable offenses. There is no excuse for this. And there is no way to talk you way out of this. If this is true the president's in deep trouble.”

Check out the montage above for many more.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

You'll have to click the link to get to the video montage, and note as the article makes clear this was from the nearly instantaneous reaction of the MSM. There was a great deal more as time went on. For instance, the Daily Caller reported that "CNN and MSNBC collectively used the word “impeach” nearly 200 times on Friday before the Special Counsel’s office disputed a bombshell report by BuzzFeed News."

I wonder how many psychiatric appointments were made and prescriptions filled for antidepressants after they discovered that this was yet again one more instance of Fake News? A crestfallen Chris Matthews, host of MSNBC's Hardball even groused after Mueller's office popped his bubble that just because they said it was "not accurate … it doesn’t mean it’s not true." The old false but accurate shtick
        Those are columnists, and, um, commentators, so it's not really the real media.

/carpe
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          Who really cares at this point...
          That almost sounds defeatist, Jimmy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            That almost sounds defeatist, Jimmy.
            That's because you took it out of context, MM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              I assume you are all going to trust Mueller on this one though some of you usually don't put much trust in him. I think he did the right thing btw.

And in order to make sure that no one puts too much or too little into the statement, a central point is:
              Yes, that's correct. Mueller's office has said the story is wrong per se, but that it had some inaccuracies.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

This is worth repeating...

I am amused by all the delusional snowflakes desperately telling themselves, "It could still be true!"
                Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-19-2019, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  Yes, not accurate is not the same as false. Mueller likely very angry if his office is leaking.
                  It very likely it's not Mueller's office that's leaking; unlike the WH it does not leak. The leak, which Buzz Feed still stands by, very likely came from the federal prosecutors in New York, who have been prosecuting Cohen.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    Yes, that's correct. Mueller's office has said the story is wrong per se, but that it had some inaccuracies.
                    This post should read of course: "Mueller's office has said the story is not wrong per se, but that it had some inaccuracies.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Facts be damned! We don't need no steenkin' evidence. We already "know" what we know.
                      FIFY n/c

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        This post should read of course: "Mueller's office has said the story is not wrong per se, but that it had some inaccuracies.
                        If that were the case Mueller, who has refused to publicly comment at all about press reports to this point, would have almost certainly continued to remain silent. The fact that he didn't strongly suggests that the story was so far off the mark and eliciting such exuberant reaction in the MSM that he felt a need to quash it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This is worth repeating...
                          These are the same sorta folks circulating bogus Washington Post papers saying that Trump has resigned and being wistfully described by the New Yorker as "the future Americans would like to see."

00000000000000ab000-006.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            If that were the case Mueller, who has refused to publicly comment at all about press reports to this point, would have almost certainly continued to remain silent.

The fact that he didn't strongly suggests that the story was so far off the mark and eliciting such exuberant reaction in the MSM that he felt a need to quash it.
                            Not necessarily! Mueller may well have had his reasons for his comment, which may become evident when he releases his final report.

Comment

Not! I meant not!
                              To summarise, POTUS is a terrorist (the shutdown) and you are a Son of Satan (Satan being Dick Cheney).
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                                Not necessarily! Mueller may well have had his reasons for his comment, which may become evident when he releases his final report.
                                Let's see here: the BuzzFeed reporters openly admitted that they never saw the evidence for themselves, one of the reporters has a long history of telling blatant lies to sell his stories, no other news organizations have been able to confirm the story, and Dirty Cop. Mueller made a rare public statement to quash the rumor.

But despite all of that, it could still be true.

Yeah, ok.

Comment