Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fake News; Buzz Feed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    He quite obviously dismissed them as irrational ravings, Charles.
    Of course he dismissed them, that's why I labeled his ilk sociopaths.

Comment

Originally posted by MankyScotsGit View Post
      Likewise Seer, I'm grateful for the inclusive welcome here. I've had mental health issues for well over 20 years, and tWeb even allowed me to be a Mod.. wa-ay back. I believe there are others here, including prominent contributors and staff, who also have mental health issues, and doubtless many members. I'm so glad you've highlighted this in a caring and compassion manner.
      Perhaps you're not familiar with the nuances of 'merican English, but on this side of the pond, "mentally challenged" means "stupid", not "has mental health issues".

...and rogue is not wrong.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Of course he dismissed them, that's why I labeled his ilk sociopaths.
        Trolling duly noted.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          In your scenario the actual terrorist is the one who refuses to budge an inch, rejects all offers of compromise even before hearing what it is and tries to sneak off on junkets leaving the American people in the lurch. And that isn't Trump.
          That's exactly who it is. He could reopen the government tomorrow.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Here are the facts:

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...-cohen-report/

Breitbart wrote this report before the dirty cop quashed the rumor, and they nailed it. This story was fake news from the beginning.

As for Mueller, his long history as a corrupt investigator is well-documented.
            Only by a highly questionable, extreme right-wing source. What is well documented is the universal esteem in which war veteran Robert Mueller is held. This as opposed to traitorous, draft-dodger Donald Trump

"What stands out most during then-FBI Director Mueller’s term in office is the two-tiered system of justice, when obvious crimes and scandals involving government officials and private-sector elites were ignored or even covered up by the FBI. What Mueller failed to do to protect our country says more than anything he did. His level of aggressiveness in investigating our president is the exact inverse of how he acted when he was tasked with protecting America."

https://mobile.wnd.com/2017/08/the-8...talking-about/
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

...and rogue is not wrong.
              Always goes without sayin'

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                The shutdown could have been avoided entirely if Trump didn't decide to shut it down, and to own it. Trump is also the only one that can reopen the government without conditions. You know what that means don't you? It means Trump is holding 800,000 workers and about a million and a half of their family members, not to mention the subcontractors and business owners that are indirectly effected, HOSTAGE. Should we negotiate with hostage takers? I don't think we should encourage that sort of thing from a wannabe dictator, do you?
                And the first thing the Democrats did was go on holiday to Puerto Rico. The shutdown could have been ended weeks ago if the Democrats were willing to negotiate and compromise.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                  What is well documented is the universal esteem in which war veteran Robert Mueller is held.
                  Fake news.

Shortly after his appointment as Special Counsel to investigate Russia’s alleged interference into the 2016 presidential election, a former colleague characterized Robert Mueller as “ramrod straight” and “utterly incorruptible.” Similar language was breathlessly repeated in mainstream media outlets such as Politico, BBC, and Time magazine. Mueller’s Vietnam-era service in the United States Marine Corps and 2004 tag-team with then-Deputy Attorney General James Comey to (supposedly) save American democracy from warrantless spying are mainstays of these biographies, sending a clear message that his integrity is not to be questioned, that his dedication to evenhanded justice is beyond reproach.

It’s always suspicious when anyone’s credibility is pushed hard like this, but that goes double when the same person was FBI director for 12 years—spanning across both the Bush and Obama administrations from 2001 to 2013—yet most people can’t remember anything about him. We should remember things such as actions he took to impartially uphold the law.

Sadly, that is not the case. What stands out most during then-FBI Director Mueller’s term in office is the two-tiered system of justice, when obvious crimes and scandals involving government officials and private-sector elites were ignored or even covered up by the FBI. Much of the worst behavior of government officials in the Bush and Obama administrations was given a pass by Mueller’s FBI, as well as a megabank that laundered billions of dollars for Mexican drug cartels and sponsors of terror.

Simply put: Mueller helped to create the swamp that needs to be drained. He’s a dirty cop with no business being anywhere near any national security investigation, but especially one involving James Comey.

Major Scandals During Mueller’s FBI Years...

(Story continues at the link)

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-fbi-director/

And don't forget his close ties to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska.

Special counsel Robert Mueller has withstood relentless political attacks, many distorting his record of distinguished government service.

But there’s one episode even Mueller’s former law enforcement comrades — and independent ethicists — acknowledge raises legitimate legal issues and a possible conflict of interest in his overseeing the Russia election probe.
                  In 2009, when Mueller ran the FBI, the bureau asked Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska to spend millions of his own dollars funding an FBI-supervised operation to rescue a retired FBI agent, Robert Levinson, captured in Iran while working for the CIA in 2007.

Yes, that’s the same Deripaska who has surfaced in Mueller’s current investigation and who was recently sanctioned by the Trump administration.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...ssian-oligarch

Mueller is about as dirty as they come.

Comment

And the first thing the Democrats did was go on holiday to Puerto Rico. The shutdown could have been ended weeks ago if the Democrats were willing to negotiate and compromise.
                    Democrats are perfectly willing to negotiate, but they are not willing to negotiate, and so succumb to the will of a terrorist hostage taker. What don't you understand about hostage negotiations?

Comment

Fake news.

Shortly after his appointment as Special Counsel to investigate Russia’s alleged interference into the 2016 presidential election, a former colleague characterized Robert Mueller as “ramrod straight” and “utterly incorruptible.” Similar language was breathlessly repeated in mainstream media outlets such as Politico, BBC, and Time magazine. Mueller’s Vietnam-era service in the United States Marine Corps and 2004 tag-team with then-Deputy Attorney General James Comey to (supposedly) save American democracy from warrantless spying are mainstays of these biographies, sending a clear message that his integrity is not to be questioned, that his dedication to evenhanded justice is beyond reproach.

It’s always suspicious when anyone’s credibility is pushed hard like this, but that goes double when the same person was FBI director for 12 years—spanning across both the Bush and Obama administrations from 2001 to 2013—yet most people can’t remember anything about him. We should remember things such as actions he took to impartially uphold the law.

Sadly, that is not the case. What stands out most during then-FBI Director Mueller’s term in office is the two-tiered system of justice, when obvious crimes and scandals involving government officials and private-sector elites were ignored or even covered up by the FBI. Much of the worst behavior of government officials in the Bush and Obama administrations was given a pass by Mueller’s FBI, as well as a megabank that laundered billions of dollars for Mexican drug cartels and sponsors of terror.

Simply put: Mueller helped to create the swamp that needs to be drained. He’s a dirty cop with no business being anywhere near any national security investigation, but especially one involving James Comey.

Major Scandals During Mueller’s FBI Years...

(Story continues at the link)

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-fbi-director/

And don't forget his close ties to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska.

Special counsel Robert Mueller has withstood relentless political attacks, many distorting his record of distinguished government service.

But there’s one episode even Mueller’s former law enforcement comrades — and independent ethicists — acknowledge raises legitimate legal issues and a possible conflict of interest in his overseeing the Russia election probe.
                      In 2009, when Mueller ran the FBI, the bureau asked Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska to spend millions of his own dollars funding an FBI-supervised operation to rescue a retired FBI agent, Robert Levinson, captured in Iran while working for the CIA in 2007.

Yes, that’s the same Deripaska who has surfaced in Mueller’s current investigation and who was recently sanctioned by the Trump administration.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...ssian-oligarch

Mueller is about as dirty as they come.
                      That is a ridiculous conclusion to draw from that. He wasn't in bed with the oligarch over acquiring personal wealth and power like Trump is. He was trying to rescue a fellow colleague captured by Iran and the oligarch proved useful to that end. You are just messed up if you think that counts as being 'dirty'.

Jim
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        Democrats are perfectly willing to negotiate,...
                        No they're not. They ran away to a tropical vacation, tried to sneak off to Europe, and refused to even look at Trump's offer.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                          That is a ridiculous conclusion to draw from that. He wasn't in bed with the oligarch over acquiring personal wealth and power like Trump is. He was trying to rescue a fellow colleague captured by Iran. You are just messed up if you think that counts as being 'dirty'.
                          Right.

Comment

Originally posted by MankyScotsGit View Post
                            Likewise Seer, I'm grateful for the inclusive welcome here. I've had mental health issues for well over 20 years, and tWeb even allowed me to be a Mod.. wa-ay back. I believe there are others here, including prominent contributors and staff, who also have mental health issues, and doubtless many members. I'm so glad you've highlighted this in a caring and compassion manner.
                            Having mental problems is a prerequisite for being a moderator on theologyweb.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Having mental problems is a prerequisite for being a moderator on theologyweb.
                              i resemble that remark.jpg
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                                I thought the 'human shields' thing was a bit over the top!
                                Trump's a terrorist now, so...

Comment