Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fake News; Buzz Feed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You guys...
    I thought the 'human shields' thing was a bit over the top!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      I thought the 'human shields' thing was a bit over the top!
      You would ... unless you were one of the people that can't pay his rent, or that might lose their security clearance (and thus their job) due to bad credit and so on. The lack of capacity for empathy here is amazing. So basically, unless it hurts you directly, it's ok?

As for the human shields thing. Trump is using the potential suffering of 800,000 people to manipulate his political opponents. Saddam and others would put women and children in weapons factories to try to stop the allies from bombing them. Now I recognize you don't like the fact that it's the use of potential suffering to manipulate your opponents and would rather the comparison not be made but that is exactly what trump is doing here. He wan'ts those poeple to suffer so that the fact he has no empathy will allow him to manipulate those that do have empathy. Classic psychopath move.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The problem is not that Trump is immune to criticism, the problem is that these sorts of irrational ravings are so easy to dismiss.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The problem is not that Trump is immune to criticism, the problem is that these sorts of irrational ravings are so easy to dismiss.
          So easy... And yet you failed to do it.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            You would ... unless you were one of the people that can't pay his rent, or that might lose their security clearance (and thus their job) due to bad credit and so on. The lack of capacity for empathy here is amazing. So basically, unless it hurts you directly, it's ok?
            I agree that sucks, so let's compromise. That is how it works. Saying no to barriers or fencing that the Dems voted for in the past is not compromise. Remember Trump originally wanted 25 billion. He has come down quite a bit and he is not even asking for an actual cement wall anymore...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I agree that sucks, so let's compromise. That is how it works. Saying no to barriers or fencing that the Dems voted for in the past is not compromise. Remember Trump originally wanted 25 billion. He has come down quite a bit and he is not even asking for an actual cement wall anymore...
              And yet he is using the livelihoods of federal workers to try to force his opponents hand. He received a compromise bill that the Republicans had agreed to and refused to sign it. This is all on him.

Jim
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

It is only 'over the top' to you because you can pay your mortgage this month and don't have to worry about losing your clearance due to a bad credit rating, or losing your car, or having to head down to the food stamp office to sign up for food stamps so you can feed your family.

But the people Trump is using to manipulate his political opponents do have to worry about that. And worse.

Jim

Comment

It is only 'over the top' to you because you can pay your mortgage this month and don't have to worry about losing your clearance due to a bad credit rating, or losing your car, or having to head down to the food stamp office to sign up for food stamps so you can feed your family.

But the people Trump is using to manipulate his political opponents do have to worry about that. And worse.

Jim
                  To follow up on that. Those impacted by the shutdown will soon extend far outside those 800,000 actual federal workers.

The last food stamp payments have gone out. They gave them extra in the hopes this will be over before march ... but after that people lose their food stamps.

So you can get your tax return, thousands more federal workers will be forced to work without pay so you don't have to miss you nice tax return and whatever toys you might buy with it.

The courts are actually running out of money. Impacts at first will be confined to civil cases and furloughed workers.

Federal housing assistance contracts are due to expire

WIC funding (basically food for kids of poor parents).

I guess worrying about that or caring about the people impacted by that is 'over the top' too?

Jim

Comment

If only the Democrats would come to their senses...

Comment

The Democrats felt so bad about the workers that they had to take a swanky Puerto Rico vacation to make themselves feel better.

Comment

And yet he is using the livelihoods of federal workers to try to force his opponents hand. He received a compromise bill that the Republicans had agreed to and refused to sign it. This is all on him.

Jim
                        When did the Republicans offer funding for the wall? If I remember that correctly Ryan wouldn't even bring it to the floor. So here we are - Trump is offering to compromise, offering things like 800 million for humanitarian aid, and an extension for Dreamers that the Dems said they wanted, never mind how little he is actually asking now for barriers - why can't they compromise?

Comment

If only the Democrats would come to their senses...
                          Trump : I'll build a wall, And I'll make sure Mexico pays for it
                          Mexico : Nah, we're not paying.
                          Trump : I promised a Wall. Congress, Let me build a wall.
                          Congress : No, we don't want a wall. We don't need a wall. Not gonna ok it. But Here is a compromise bill we all (Republicans and Democrats) agree on with $2B for border security
                          Trump : No deal.

Trump : Give me a wall or I'll make the federal workers and the poor and the needy pay!
                          Congress : Are you Kidding?
                          Trump : Nope.

Mountain Man: See, it's all the Democrats fault.

Comment

When did the Republicans offer funding for the wall? If I remember that correctly Ryan wouldn't even bring it to the floor. So here we are - Trump is offering to compromise, offering things like 800 million for humanitarian aid, and an extension for Dreamers that the Dems said they wanted, never mind how little he is actually asking now for barriers - why can't they compromise?
                            I'm not talking about wall funding, I'm talking about the fact he shut down the government and refused to sign stop gap bills to fund it???

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/20/ryan...-shutdown.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.7e718e64e21f

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whi...order-security

Jim

Comment

I'm not talking about wall funding, I'm talking about the fact he shut down the government and refused to sign stop gap bills to fund it???

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/20/ryan...-shutdown.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.7e718e64e21f

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whi...order-security

Jim
                              So he's learned that the left, since back in Reagan's time, solemnly promises to deal with the problem as soon as they get their way only to go back on their word and ignore it. You're familiar with the old saying about "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me" I presume. We'll the left has been continuously making fools of everyone over this for something like two generations now.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                                Trump : I'll build a wall, And I'll make sure Mexico pays for it
                                Mexico : Nah, we're not paying.
                                Trump : I promised a Wall. Congress, Let me build a wall.
                                Congress : No, we don't want a wall. We don't need a wall. Not gonna ok it. But Here is a compromise bill we all (Republicans and Democrats) agree on with $2B for border security
                                Trump : No deal.

Trump : Give me a wall or I'll make the federal workers and the poor and the needy pay!
                                Congress : Are you Kidding?
                                Trump : Nope.

Mountain Man: See, it's all the Democrats fault.
                                First of all, I never said it was entirely the Democrats fault.

Secondly, your fanciful version of how we got to this point is laughably naive.

But thanks for playing. Stay on the line and we'll tell you how to receive your lovely consolation prize.

Comment