Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Question of Respect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, that just happens to be WHO HE IS. He is a political activist hack based on his fraudulent Vietnam service --- he's a fraud. He's living a lie.
    Your opinion and strong feelings are noted. We disagree.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      I'd respond, but you don't seem to have any content here beyond mocking.
      Phhhhht

You're a sore loser.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Your opinion and strong feelings are noted. We disagree.
        But only one of us is right and it's not you.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Phhhhht

You're a sore loser.
          No - I just decided to focus my responses on actual arguments, and ignore/delete the personal attacks. I was going to do that with your post...but it would have been empty...
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

What I have said is the man lied about one part of his life. The evidence supports that conclusion.
            No, not just "one part of his life". His life is a fraud.

Comment

But only one of us is right and it's not you.
              Don't look now - but you might want to zip up... you bias is showing...

Comment

No, not just "one part of his life". His life is a fraud.
                Wow - you really have it bad, CP. Do you really think by continuing to pound away at this theme that you're going to convince?

Facts, my friend. Data and evidence. Those are the things that convince me. I take them as far as they go - and no further - even if I am confronted by someone who wants to go further as passionately as you clearly want to.

And I'm going to hit the sack. I'll look for the next insistence on "COMPLETED FRAUD!" in the morning...

Comment

CP, I spend as much time as I can researching the positions I hold - and I hold those positions until evidence that runs counter is offered......
                  Think really hard about what you're saying here ---- you "research the positions I hold". Perhaps it would be wise to look not just for those things that support your position, but also those things that might disprove your positions.

The information was out there -- it's sad that you had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the TRUTH.

Comment

Wow - you really have it bad, CP. Do you really think by continuing to pound away at this theme that you're going to convince?
                    We're making progress!!! I finally got you do admit the guy's not Honest Joe! Stay with me, maybe eventually you'll see that this guy is a fraud.

Comment

Don't look now - but you might want to zip up... you bias is showing...
                      Bull Pucky!!!! My bias has never been hidden - I'm a conservative through and through. But facts are facts, and the information about this fraud is out there.

I started off believing the lie, too - that this poor Native American was being disrespected - but unlike you, I kept digging for the truth, instead of "digging in" and refusing to budge.

Comment

Facts, my friend. Data and evidence.
                        Facts, Data, Evidence.... The man's own words on video...

"I'm a Vietnam Vet. I served in Marine Corps 72 to 76. I got discharged May 5, 1976. I got honorable discharge and one of the boxes shows peacetime or, what my box says is that I was **in theater**. I don't talk much about my Vietnam times."

"I don't wear my veteran stuff here you know. I mean, I got the flag and I showed a couple pictures and I got other things too. I got some littles medallions and medals that were given to me, and I had a lot more stolen from me. You know?"

Outright lies. Fraud.

Comment

• (bolding mine)

Washington D.C., Jan 22, 2019 / 03:58 pm (CNA).-

And here's this lying disgusting fraud trying to get ruin the kids' lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Or you wear the hat because you want to make American great again.
                            Or you wear the cap because you associate yourself with Trump's lying, bullying and racism.

Comment

Hey - I'm a dad. I know a smirk when I see one.

Is it possible it wasn't? Sure. However, it's about as likely as my son telling me the truth back when I used to catch him doing something he was not supposed to be doing.

If that's Orwellian to you...
                              And that supposed smirk was enough for you to shift the blame to him

As for Orwellian...

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                              I CAN say that I've seen that look before - and it has never been on an innocent face. But that's as much as I can say.

You said more than enough. That was all you needed to convict him of a "face crime."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

...Phillips is an activist. He appears to have misrepresented his military service....
                                Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                wow
                                Indeed.

There is a video recording of him lying through his teeth when he said he was a "Vietnam veteran." This demonstrates beyond any doubt that he deliberately misrepresents his military service. And the fact that virtually every news outlet that interviewed him after the incident also described him as a "Vietnam veteran" rather than "Vietnam era veteran" or "Vietnam times veteran" strongly indicates that he was misrepresenting himself to at least some of them as well, after all it strains credibility past the breaking point to say that they all made the same mistake.

Then there is his lying about being a "recon ranger" when he was in fact a refrigerator mechanic.

Then there is his lying about being dishonorably discharged.

And of course there is his ever-changing stories about what happened during the encounter which are chock full of demonstrable falsehoods (some of which he still continues to willfully disseminate), which serves that he wouldn't know what telling the truth even is.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment