Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Question of Respect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    People genuinely associate MAGA stuff with racism, bigotry and narcissism among other things...
    1234.jpg1234.jpg
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• It's sad that the various groups could not come together on the topic of stopping abortion. I assume they were all there for that reason right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        It's sad that the various groups could not come together on the topic of stopping abortion. I assume they were all there for that reason right?
        The Native Americans were there for a completely different march which happened to be scheduled concurrently, so no.

Also, events of this type nearly always draw counterprotesters.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

It's sad that the various groups could not come together on the topic of stopping abortion. I assume they were all there for that reason right?
          No. The Black Fake Israelites with not a drop of Jewish blood were there to act like the asshats they are. They are frequently there at the Lincoln Monument. Piggo can probably attest to that. The Native Americans were there for a separate Indigenous Peoples' march.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            The Native Americans were there for a completely different march which happened to be scheduled concurrently, so no.

Also, events of this type nearly always draw counterprotesters.
            Yeah, many moons ago, when we had our Men's Rally (Promise Keepers) in DC, there were numerous pockets of protesters, including a couple of women who decided it would be a good idea to strip nekked from the waste up and put on a show.

(they were surrounded by a large group of men with their backs facing the women, and they were singing A Might Fortress. )

(there is no truth to the rumor that I organized this counter-protest)
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              No. The Black Fake Israelites with not a drop of Jewish blood were there to act like the asshats they are. They are frequently there at the Lincoln Monument. Piggo can probably attest to that. The Native Americans were there for a separate Indigenous Peoples' march.
              There are certainly plenty of people here more than willing to spread their views via megaphone. One guy who's ridden my bus a couple times starts proselytizing in a normal tone of voice, which gets louder and louder until he gets to his stop. I'm pretty sure he's NoI though.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

There are certainly plenty of people here more than willing to spread their views via megaphone. One guy who's ridden my bus a couple times starts proselytizing in a normal tone of voice, which gets louder and louder until he gets to his stop. I'm pretty sure he's NoI though.
                Are you generally a minority on these bus rides?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Are you generally a minority on these bus rides?
                  I'm always a minority on these bus rides.

sigpic

Comment

Is that why you don't wear your MAGA hat?

Comment

Just wondered. Wife and I attended the Southern Baptist Annual meeting in Atlanta many moons ago, and we took public transportation as we had been staying with my sister who lived there at the time, and her house was "on the route".

We were the only white bread on the bus. It was kinda funny how some of the people on the bus decided it was their responsibility that these poor white folk got to the convention center and off the bus at the right stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Just wondered. Wife and I attended the Southern Baptist Annual meeting in Atlanta many moons ago, and we took public transportation as we had been staying with my sister who lived there at the time, and her house was "on the route".

We were the only white bread on the bus. It was kinda funny how some of the people on the bus decided it was their responsibility that these poor white folk got to the convention center and off the bus at the right stop.
                        When I rode the bus here it was a pretty even racial distribution, white, hispanic, black, Indian (from India) and Asian. In the winter there were more homeless looking types though, because it was warm in the bus.

Comment

Is that why you don't wear your MAGA hat?

When I lived & voted in Prince George's County, Ds outnumbered Rs by at least 10-1. It's much closer to balanced the next county south where I live now, but that's still where I catch the bus to work.

sigpic

Comment

When I rode the bus here it was a pretty even racial distribution, white, hispanic, black, Indian (from India) and Asian. In the winter there were more homeless looking types though, because it was warm in the bus.
                            And the wheels on the bus went round and round?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]34609[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]34609[/ATTACH]
                              00000000000000ab000-005.jpg 00000000000000ab000-007.5.jpg 00000000000000ab000-003.7.jpg 00000000000000ab000-004.jpg 00000000000000aa.jpg 00000000000000ab000-003.jpg 00000000000000ab000-004.5.jpg 00000000000000ab000-007.jpg 00000000000000ab000-006.jpg 00000000000000ab000-006.5.jpg

Some comments about a few of them.

The first is a student at Queensborough Community College who was attacked and threatened with being set of fire because he was wearing a MAGA hat.

The second was harassed by a Cheesecake Factory employee (who was suspended by the company) for wearing the MAGA hat.

The third was sucker punched by an antifa rioter for wearing a MAGA hat.

The fourth was denied service by an Uber driver because he was wearing a MAGA hat.

But it's their fault because of what they're wearing. They were of course asking for it. You know, just like women are asking to be sexually assaulted based on what they're wearing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                He was the aggressor because he instigated the incident. Now that this has been indisputably been shown both he and halfwits such as your self are screaming "RACISM!" in a futile attempt to deflect attention away from that fact.
                                The only racism in this whole thing was demonstrated by the non-whites.

People are calling Nick Sandmann a "white supremacist." If that kid is an example of white supremacists, mark me down as aspiring to be one.
                                Last edited by NorrinRadd; 01-23-2019, 05:05 PM.
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment