Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Question of Respect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    That's what was negotiated so whatever the settlement was is what they'll pay. And even if it were only a tenth of what they sued for that still leaves him something like $16.5 million after the lawyers get their share (but before Uncle Sam takes theirs).
    As young as he is, even $1 million, invested wisely, will produce more than enough for him to retire young and live very comfortably.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Not sure what you're saying here - either he's getting a boatload of cash or he's not.
      I'm saying that, for all we know, the settlement could be for a virtual candy bar; even that would look like a moral victory for the kid. I'd bet the settlement would at least allow attorneys to recoup what they'd spent, but the case hadn't progressed all that far AFAIK so that wouldn't be a whole lot.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        I'm saying that, for all we know, the settlement could be for a virtual candy bar; even that would look like a moral victory for the kid. I'd bet the settlement would at least allow attorneys to recoup what they'd spent, but the case hadn't progressed all that far AFAIK so that wouldn't be a whole lot.
        Most of these cases are an done on a 40% contingency. If they lawyers don't win, they don't get anything, and it doesn't cost the kid anything.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Most of these cases are an done on a 40% contingency. If they lawyers don't win, they don't get anything, and it doesn't cost the kid anything.
          Around here 33% is the norm.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Around here 33% is the norm.
            Maybe you have a glut of lawyers?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• and most of the time you have to pay taxes based on the full settlement or judgement not just the part you get to keep. So if he got a million and had to pay $400K to the lawyers, he still has to pay taxes on $1 million. I think the only exception is for personal injury cases (medical related)

Comment

• 00000000000000ab000-00aaai.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• If only...

Source: As Part Of Settlement With Nick Sandmann, CNN Hosts Must Wear MAGA Hats During All Broadcasts

According to a report, as part of the settlement with Nick Sandmann, CNN hosts will be required to wear MAGA hats throughout every broadcast.

"Let the punishment fit the crime," counsel for Sandmann said as Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, Anderson Cooper, and Wolf Blitzer all solemnly donned Make America Great Again caps.

Hosts were seen with downcast expressions as they commented on the day's events, MAGA hats in place.

Sandmann says the hosts will be forced to wear the hats until they've learned their lesson, which could take a while. "Just be careful you don't make an expression some could construe as 'smug.' Wouldn't want you to get punched or your lives to get ruined, or anything like that."

CNN hosts must also finish every broadcast by saying, "Good night, and I am a big, fat dummy, while Trump is the best president we've ever had."

Brian Stelter requested an exemption and was allowed to wear a clown nose instead, as usual.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                    I am curious to know what the response is to this story.

It concerns the intersection of the Indigenous People's March and some teens from the March for Life who are fairly clearly Trump supporters (hats, "build that wall" chants, etc.).
                    And, here ya go....

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Washington Post SETTLES with Nick Sandmann in Covington lawsuit!

The Washington Post has agreed to settle their lawsuit with Nick Sandmann, as he just announced on Twitter a few moments ago:

https://therightscoop.com/breaking-w...ngton-lawsuit/

Comment