Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Question of Respect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    We will see. Hillary released her tax returns.
    And, what, Bill donated some more used underwear? You are probably unaware that lawyers and accountants can do all kinds of fun things with tax returns.

Presumably Mueller has access to that which was denied the people, i.e. Trump's tax returns. As you note re Al Capone, it was unpaid tax that got him in the end.
    Nobody is going after Hillary to anywhere NEAR the same extent they are pursuing Trump. Your goofus statement that "she was never indicted or charged with any wrongdoings" is still no proof whatsoever that she's not a crook. She's just better at it.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Looks like Sandmann is fighting back. Good for him.

Lawyers representing Covington Catholic student Nick Sandmann have announced the preparation of letters to be sent to various celebrities, media outlets, and individual journalists who immediately and falsely slandered Sandmann and his classmates for “taunting” a Native American during a trip to Washington D.C.

The student’s lawyers are preparing letters for possible libel and defamation lawsuits, the Cincinnati Enquirer reported.

The list of recipients of the warning letters includes actress Alyssa Milano and Senator Elizabeth Warren. Targeted journalists include Maggie Haberman, David Brooks, and media outlets will include TMZ, CNN, and the New York Times. The attorneys have also identified the dioceses of Covington, Lexington, Louisville, and Baltimore as potential recipients of the letter.

Sandmann family attorney, Todd McMurtry, said of the media outlets and personalities, “They know they crossed the line. Do they want 12 people in Kentucky to decide their fate? I don’t think so.”

McMurtry added that the letters are meant to put an end to the instant attacks from the media before the facts are in.

“We want to change the conversation. We don’t want this to happen again,” McMurtry said. “We want to teach people a lesson.”

“There was a rush by the media to believe what it wanted to believe versus what actually happened.”

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2019...brities-libel/
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        And, what, Bill donated some more used underwear?
        Charming! Has Donald "donated some more used underwear", or did he just give it all to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal?

You are probably unaware that lawyers and accountants can do all kinds of fun things with tax returns.
        That applies to both sides but Trump hasn’t exactly been a model of business propriety has he. At least we have Hillary’s tax returns.

Nobody is going after Hillary to anywhere NEAR the same extent they are pursuing Trump.
        Oh really! Cambridge Analytica, the St Petersburg Troll Factory Democratic Headquarters hacking, Wikileaks, etc.…all of which supported Trump and went after Hillary.

Your goofus statement that "she was never indicted or charged with any wrongdoings" is still no proof whatsoever that she's not a crook. She's just better at it.
        There is no good evidence that Hillary is a crook despite the best efforts of some, just paranoid conspiracy theories from the right.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Looks like Sandmann is fighting back. Good for him.

Lawyers representing Covington Catholic student Nick Sandmann have announced the preparation of letters to be sent to various celebrities, media outlets, and individual journalists who immediately and falsely slandered Sandmann and his classmates for “taunting” a Native American during a trip to Washington D.C.

The student’s lawyers are preparing letters for possible libel and defamation lawsuits, the Cincinnati Enquirer reported.

The list of recipients of the warning letters includes actress Alyssa Milano and Senator Elizabeth Warren. Targeted journalists include Maggie Haberman, David Brooks, and media outlets will include TMZ, CNN, and the New York Times. The attorneys have also identified the dioceses of Covington, Lexington, Louisville, and Baltimore as potential recipients of the letter.

Sandmann family attorney, Todd McMurtry, said of the media outlets and personalities, “They know they crossed the line. Do they want 12 people in Kentucky to decide their fate? I don’t think so.”

McMurtry added that the letters are meant to put an end to the instant attacks from the media before the facts are in.

“We want to change the conversation. We don’t want this to happen again,” McMurtry said. “We want to teach people a lesson.”

“There was a rush by the media to believe what it wanted to believe versus what actually happened.”

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2019...brities-libel/
          I hope the lawyers make 'em squeal like the pigs they are.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• "The Truth in 15-minutes"

(Language warning; most of it is censored, but it's obvious what is being said.)

This video is well worth watching!
            Last edited by Mountain Man; 02-04-2019, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• I had posted that, then deleted it pending discussion with mods --- it has a lot of profanity in it from those wonderful African-American "Hebrew Israelites", along with some video of "the B bomb" signs - and I see you include such a warning.

Note that this includes actual video, and more of it than we've seen before, that does a better job of showing context.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I had posted that, then deleted it pending discussion with mods --- it has a lot of profanity in it from those wonderful African-American "Hebrew Israelites", along with some video of "the B bomb" signs - and I see you include such a warning.

Note that this includes actual video, and more of it than we've seen before, that does a better job of showing context.
                as well as some of the leftist so called journalists who accepted the false story

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                  as well as some of the leftist so called journalists who accepted the false story
                  I never watch "The View", but saw a clip where they were discussing this very thing, and dingbat Joy Behar said....

WHOOPI GOLDBERG, HOST: Many people admitted they made snap judgments before these other facts came in. But is it that we just instantly say that's what it is based on what we see in that moment and then have to walk stuff back when it turns out we're wrong? Why is that? Why do we keep making the same mistake?

JOY BEHAR: Because we're desperate to get Trump out of office. That's why.

There ya have it!

Comment

I never watch "The View", but saw a clip where they were discussing this very thing, and dingbat Joy Behar said....

WHOOPI GOLDBERG, HOST: Many people admitted they made snap judgments before these other facts came in. But is it that we just instantly say that's what it is based on what we see in that moment and then have to walk stuff back when it turns out we're wrong? Why is that? Why do we keep making the same mistake?

JOY BEHAR: Because we're desperate to get Trump out of office. That's why.

There ya have it!
                    I try to avoid it but its on in the lunch room where I work so I actually saw that episode. Even Whoppi looked had a shocked, what-is-wrong-with-you-look on her face after Joyless admitted it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      I try to avoid it but its on in the lunch room where I work so I actually saw that episode. Even Whoppi looked had a shocked, what-is-wrong-with-you-look on her face after Joyless admitted it.
                      According to some friends who watch it, it's one of the RARE times that Whoppi [sic] actually looked like the adult in the room.

Comment

• Source: Nick Sandmann Sues Washington Post for $250 Million over ‘Defamatory’ Coverage

Attorneys for Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann filed a lawsuit against the Washington Post on Tuesday, seeking $250 million in compensatory and punitive damages.

“The Post wrongfully targeted and bullied Nicholas because he was the white, Catholic student wearing a red ‘Make America Great Again’ souvenir cap on a school field trip to the January 18 March for Life in Washington, D.C. when he was unexpectedly and suddenly confronted by Nathan Phillips (‘Phillips’), a known Native American activist, who beat a drum and sang loudly within inches of his face (‘the January 18 incident’),” the lawsuit filed by lawyers Todd V. McMurtry and Lin L. Wood in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky reads.

In a tweet Saturday, Wood announced via Twitter that he would begin filing defamation lawsuits against several news outlets this week. “Nick Sandmann is 16 years old has 2+ years to identify accusers sue them,” he said. “No member of mainstream social media mob who attacked him should take comfort from not being sued in initial round of lawsuits which will commence next week. Time is Nick’s friend, not his enemy.”

The development comes after investigators hired by a Kentucky diocese have found that Catholic school boys did not instigate a January 18th confrontation at the Lincoln Memorial that went viral on social media. Covington Bishop Roger Foys initially condemned the students’ behavior after a video showed a teenage boy face-to-face with a Native American man. Days later, Foys apologized for “making a statement prematurely.”

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Source: Nick Sandmann Sues Washington Post for $250 Million over ‘Defamatory’ Coverage

Attorneys for Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann filed a lawsuit against the Washington Post on Tuesday, seeking $250 million in compensatory and punitive damages.

“The Post wrongfully targeted and bullied Nicholas because he was the white, Catholic student wearing a red ‘Make America Great Again’ souvenir cap on a school field trip to the January 18 March for Life in Washington, D.C. when he was unexpectedly and suddenly confronted by Nathan Phillips (‘Phillips’), a known Native American activist, who beat a drum and sang loudly within inches of his face (‘the January 18 incident’),” the lawsuit filed by lawyers Todd V. McMurtry and Lin L. Wood in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky reads.

In a tweet Saturday, Wood announced via Twitter that he would begin filing defamation lawsuits against several news outlets this week. “Nick Sandmann is 16 years old has 2+ years to identify accusers sue them,” he said. “No member of mainstream social media mob who attacked him should take comfort from not being sued in initial round of lawsuits which will commence next week. Time is Nick’s friend, not his enemy.”

The development comes after investigators hired by a Kentucky diocese have found that Catholic school boys did not instigate a January 18th confrontation at the Lincoln Memorial that went viral on social media. Covington Bishop Roger Foys initially condemned the students’ behavior after a video showed a teenage boy face-to-face with a Native American man. Days later, Foys apologized for “making a statement prematurely.”

© Copyright Original Source

Any Church School with pupils that promote partisan political views (e.g. Donald Trump MAGA Hats) on an officially organised school field trip, plus getting themselves involved in political upheavals without intervention from the school chaperones, should lose their government tax exemptions.
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Any Church School with pupils that promote partisan political views (e.g. Donald Trump MAGA Hats) on an officially organised school field trip, plus getting themselves involved in political upheavals without intervention from the school chaperones, should lose their government tax exemptions.
                            On the contrary, it should never be possible to use the tax code as a way to undermine First Amendment guarantees. While distasteful, it should be perfectly permissible for preachers to directly advocate for specific candidates from the pulpit.

Specific to the case at hand, only some of the kids were wearing MAGA hats, and unless the school had a standing policy of only wearing "school uniforms," they properly did not infringe on students' rights to self-expression.

Further, they did not "get themselves involved in" anything. The "political upheaval" by the various raving anti-white nutcases sought them out.

Finally, I'm not sure what kind of "intervention" the chaperones should have performed. I'm sure they had no expectation of being verbally assaulted by lunatics, and were not sure how best to respond.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                              I'm not sure it's possible to cram any more ignorance into such a short paragraph.

Comment

they were not there for the political rally and the school had nothing to do with the hats. Students can buy what they want and be as political as they want. They were just waiting for their bus at the same location as the protest.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment