Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Question of Respect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Why is wearing a Maga bad or wrong?
    Americans have the right to wear whatever they want – but they can’t be surprised when progressives are put on edge as a consequence of wearing a Maga cap. After all, they’ve come to represent baby cages, admitted sexual assault, a Muslim ban, a trans military ban, a refugee ban, Charlottesville, Mexican rapists, Puerto Rico, Pocahontas,Edited by a Moderator countries, NFL protests, and support for white nationalism. They can’t be surprised when people assume, they are racist bigots.

Moderated By: DesertBerean

Veiled profantiy not allowed

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by DesertBerean; 01-24-2019, 09:53 AM.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      Americans have the right to wear whatever they want – but they can’t be surprised when progressives are put on edge as a consequence of wearing a Maga cap. After all, they’ve come to represent baby cages, admitted sexual assault, a Muslim ban, a trans military ban, a refugee ban, Charlottesville, Mexican rapists, Puerto Rico, Pocahontas, Edited by a Moderator countries, NFL protests, and support for white nationalism. They can’t be surprised when people assume, they are racist bigots.
      So glad our media tourist chimed in on his knowledge of the bigot Black Hebrew Israelites and how they just started their bigotry because of the MAGA hats...
      Last edited by DesertBerean; 01-24-2019, 09:54 AM.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        So glad our media tourist chimed in on his knowledge of the bigot Black Hebrew Israelites and how they just started their bigotry because of the MAGA hats...
        Anyone with even a passing familiarity with them knows that they incessantly scream and taunt everyone they come across including other blacks although they really vent their vitriol at whites and Jews. Ironically despite spewing incessant strings of vulgar invective at everyone they encounter they actually claim it is impossible for them to be hateful or racist.

It should be noted that the faux "recon ranger" and notorious provocateur Nathan Phillips told the Detroit Free Press shortly after his attempt to provoke the Covington students, that it was the kids who confronted the Black Hebrew Israelites (BHI) saying that "they were in the process of attacking these four black individuals" that the kids were "beasts" and:

"These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that."

(He would repeat the claim that the BHI were the "prey" of the Covington students who he again charged were full of "hate and racism" during his interview with CNN where he falsely claimed to be a "Vietnam veteran")

Phillips proceeded to claim that the students had a "mob mentality" and that "It was racism. It was hatred. It was scary." He added that

"the looks in these young men's faces ... I mean, if you go back and look at the lynchings that was done (in America) ...and you'd see the faces on the people ... The glee and the hatred in their faces, that's what these faces looked like."

Of course we now know thanks to video evidence this was not even close to what happened. It is a Bizarro World rendition where everything is pretty much the exact opposite. Phillip's story has repeatedly kept changing after videos have surfaced revealing him to be a deliberate liar.
        Last edited by rogue06; 01-24-2019, 05:47 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          MAGA hats are as much to blame for the wearers being attacked as a woman being raped is at fault because she wore revealing clothes.
          Last edited by rogue06; 01-24-2019, 05:48 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

Comment

• I like how carpe retreated from his own thread when it became undeniable that his original narrative was flat out wrong.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                I like how carpe retreated from his own thread when it became undeniable that his original narrative was flat out wrong.
                After his leftist meme that Trump and white Christian teenagers are monsters collapsed, he pretty much scurried off but not after taking one last pot shot -- accusing the kids of Orwellian "face crimes"

Comment

• But let's suppose for a moment that he did smirk with the intent of being disrespectful. So what! He's a 16-year old kid! Does that somehow justify an adult approaching him and aggressively beating a drum inches from his face?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    After his leftist meme that Trump and white Christian teenagers are monsters collapsed, he pretty much scurried off but not after taking one last pot shot -- accusing the kids of Orwellian "face crimes"
                    I usually like discussing things we Carp, we even, as most of you know, met in person. But his bias on this was so deep and evident my esteem for him fell a few notches.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I usually like discussing things we Carp, we even, as most of you know, met in person. But his bias on this was so deep and evident my esteem for him fell a few notches.
                      What makes him especially insufferable is that despite his extreme bias (which is apparently obvious to everybody but himself) he sees himself as a neutral observer and "the voice of reason" in these discussions.

Comment

But let's suppose for a moment that he did smirk with the intent of being disrespectful. So what! He's a 16-year old kid! Does that somehow justify an adult approaching him and aggressively beating a drum inches from his face?
                        If you watch the whole thing the kid looks more confused than anything else.
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• There are some really thin skinned people in this world when a teenage kid exercising his first amendment writes and throwing a "smirk" becomes news-worthy. As a teacher, if I had a dollar for every time some teenager smirked at me, I wouldn't be a teacher anymore. This story was about nothing but tribalism, pure and simple.
                          "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                          Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                          Save me, save me"

Comment

If you watch the whole thing the kid looks more confused than anything else.
                            I know. I'm just saying that even if we grant the liberal narrative that he was smirking, that in no way excuses Philips' behavior.

Comment

I know. I'm just saying that even if we grant the liberal narrative that he was smirking, that in no way excuses Philips' behavior.
                              The more I read what he said after the event more more evident it is that Philips lied about the whole thing. "Elder" my butt...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                Americans have the right to wear whatever they want – but they can’t be surprised when progressives
                                Is that what we're calling hate-filled bigots these days?

are put on edge...
                                You mean "jumping to completely wrong conclusions because they're a bunch of snowflakes"?

as a consequence of wearing a Maga cap.
                                Yes, it's totally reasonable to spew forth hate and jump to idiot wrong conclusions because somebody wears a hat.

I really hope all this idot crap sounded better in your head. "Progressives" must be really really screwed up people.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment