Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Question of Respect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised Elizabeth Warren hasn't made a statement defending her people.

I'm referring to the lily white Catholic kids, of course.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Here is what appears to be the one and only official statement from the kid and his family, via their attorney.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        Here is what appears to be the one and only official statement from the kid and his family, via their attorney.
        Interesting. Based on everything we've seen and heard, that sounds like as true an account of the situation as we're likely to hear. I take back a comment I made earlier in the thread based on giving carpe's source the benefit of the doubt that it was at least somewhat accurate (I should have known better): Now I am defending this kid and his behavior. rogue is right, it wasn't a look of defiance but confusion and an attempt to look pleasant and non-threatening in a tense situation.

In the end, we have a bunch of liberals ganging up on an innocent high school student who made the best of a bad situation, all in their desperate attempt to "get" Trump. I hope you guys are proud of yourselves.

Comment

And a further perspective emerges.

BTW - I did finally get a chance to listen to the video (rebooting my machine did the trick) and I find that it aligns with this summary of events.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I like how the liberal media keeps trying to push the narrative that this was "complicated". What they really mean is they jumped to a wrong conclusion based on incomplete facts and their giddy desire to stick it to Trump because the kid happened to be wearing a MAGA cap.

Comment

Well, it seems this fake news story is out there and in the public consciousness. A speaker at a local MLK event made an oblique reference to this incident with the phrase "beating the drum in the face of intolerance and racism".

Comment

The left has been working itself up into paroxysms of self-righteousness over the story about a bunch of Catholic kids in MAGA hats allegedly mocking a Native American at a rally in Washington, DC.

This whole story just exposes the left for the lying, cry-bullying, vindictive, shrill, ugly hate machine it is.

What is clear from the unedited footage of the event is that the boys did little wrong. Sure, they might have chanted boisterously, even rudely, but they are kids, and they were provoked.

Far from surrounding this supposedly innocent “Native American elder veteran,” as he has been sanctimoniously billed by the left, it was he who approached them and began drumming right in their faces.

The “elder” is Nathan Phillips, a Vietnam vet with a long history of political activism, hardly someone who didn’t know exactly what he was doing; nor someone who was likely to be intimidated by a group of high school kids.

All the high school kids did in response was to smile, stand their ground, and sing along with the drumming. This is hardly an aggressive or unreasonable response, especially when they were being provoked not just by the “Native American elder,” but also by a group of left-wing black activists nearby.

Lots of people emerge very, very badly from this ugly story. Leftist celebrities — the Wankerati, as I call them — rushing to condemn when they don’t know the full details; the leftist media, from the New York Times downwards, eagerly relaying fake news; the Catholic authorities in the diocese and school, failing to stand up for the schoolboys to whom they owe a duty of care; Nathan Phillips, bleating and blubbing to the media like he was some tragic victim of racism when in fact he was clearly the instigator of this awkward stand-off; and, of course, all those civilians in this ridiculous woke culture of ours who are so gullible, so politically correct that even the very mention of the phrase “Native American elder” is enough to suffuse them with exaggerated reverence and to fall over one another in a desperate struggle to see who can most eagerly display his virtue through the medium of sanctimonious outpourings of rage and condemnation.

You disgust me, all of you people. You are vile beyond measure. Those kids from that school are better than all of you. And you owe them a massive apology.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...strate-virtue/

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  I like how the liberal media keeps trying to push the narrative that this was "complicated". What they really mean is they jumped to a wrong conclusion based on incomplete facts and their giddy desire to stick it to Trump because the kid happened to be wearing a MAGA cap.
                  This demonstrates, yet again, that if it weren't for the "extreme right wing media", the MSM would have gotten away with this. They simply cannot be trusted to tell the truth because of their own shameless liberal agenda.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    This demonstrates, yet again, that if it weren't for the "extreme right wing media", the MSM would have gotten away with this. They simply cannot be trusted to tell the truth because of their own shameless liberal agenda.
                    To what degree do you want to conclude generally based on a particular example? Or you have perhaps got other examples you would like to share?
                    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      To what degree do you want to conclude generally based on a particular example?
                      When one says "yet again", it would indicate this is not a singular event.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think this would be an interesting thread right up Mountain Man's alley, if he's up to it....

Examples of biased or incorrect MSM reporting corrected or exposed due to the challenges from alternate news sites.

Comment

I think this would be an interesting thread right up Mountain Man's alley, if he's up to it....

Examples of biased or incorrect MSM reporting corrected or exposed due to the challenges from alternate news sites.
                          We've had two in the past week: this story, and the BuzzFeed debacle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            We've had two in the past week: this story, and the BuzzFeed debacle.
                            At the very least, yes.

Comment

Which is why my post included the text: "Or you have perhaps got other examples you would like to share?" which you conveniently left out. And then you have moved on and I am yet to see you provide examples.
                              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Twitter has spent years assuring the public that it will crack down on trolling, harassment, and violent threats. It’s also pledged to tackle “misinformation” and “unhealthy conversation,” using these loaded terms as excuses to ban a wide range of anti-progressive dissidents from the platform.

But when innocent conservative high school kids are flooded with violent threats, targeted harassment and doxing on the basis of media-promoted misinformation, Jack Dorsey and his staff seem to do nothing — it even briefly promoted the smears.

Over the past 48 hours, an angry mob of Twitter users — many of them with blue checkmarks next to their name, signaling endorsement of their messages by the company — have flooded the platform with disgusting abuse, violent threats, and calls to harass innocent students of the Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky.

Most of the tweets remain on the platform, which has yet to ask the authors to take them down — much less deverify or ban them, something Twitter has done to conservative activists for far less.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...h-school-kids/

Comment