Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

You Trump Supporters!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    If you could address at least an entire sentence at a time we could have a real discussion.
    A) I'll address what I want to address in whatever manner I wish to address it.
    2) You really don't seem interested in a "real discussion" with your asinine false assumptions.

Destroying context in order to call me jackass, idiot or whatever is a little below decent standard.
    The context is still there, so your accusation that I am "destroying context" is an outright lie. And even if I didn't include ALL you said, the hyperlink is there for anybody to see your ranting. Stop being such a snowflake. (And I didn't call you an idiot - another false accusation - I stayed with "jackass", and I actually didn't calll you one, but if the hoof fits...)

Anyway I have shown my main point
    No, you really haven't.

which is that criticism of Trump is – not surprisingly – seen among many Christians who remain true to basic Christian values, some of which are also basic human and moral values.
    you might want to try that sentence again - I don't think it says what you want it to say.

I will repeat Michael Gerson’s point:
    So, after falsely accusing me of "destroying context", you provide a quote out of context. Good Job!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't see much reflection on the quotes from other Christians in my first post in this thread: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post606537

Were they right or wrong. And why?
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

I don't see much reflection on the quotes from other Christians in my first post in this thread: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post606537

Were they right or wrong. And why?
        About what?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          About what?
          Ok, so you once again avoided the content of a post even when I provided a direct link. Rather obvious.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Correction - not ALL liberals are anti-Christian.
            I read the article a couple of times, CP, and it looks to me like you are suffering from some sort of digestive brain rot. It is obvious to everyone that Trump will not be impeached unless the Republicans demand it. The fact that he has not been impeached yet or might never be is not a testament to his good character. There can be no doubt what he is and anyone lending him their support does so having been adequately warned. If Democrats have failed in their duty in the past, that is no reason for Republicans to follow suit – politicians ought to learn from previous mistakes, not use them to set precedents.

The claim of liberal intolerance is an inversion of the true state of affairs. In the news yesterday, we read about an Egyptian TV presenter who has been sentenced to one year in prison for interviewing a gay man on television. What has that got to do with you? Be careful that your attitude and the attitudes that you promote towards the LGBT community do not give comfort to oppressors wherever they are. You can be sure that liberals will fight as hard against your oppressors as they will against any other oppressor. Intolerance is the enemy.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Ok, so you once again avoided the content of a post even when I provided a direct link. Rather obvious.
              Charles - you're a nanny troll. I have no duty whatsoever to respond to your drivel. Occasionally, I humor you with a response, but, for the most part, I recognize you have no interest whatsoever in civil discourse. That, sir, is rather obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                I read the article a couple of times, CP, and it looks to me like you are suffering from some sort of digestive brain rot.
                Always such a pleasure to hear from you, FF.

It is obvious to everyone that Trump will not be impeached unless the Republicans demand it.
                Actually, the House does the impeaching, and that is in the control of the Democrats. The Senate, controlled by the Republicans (for the time being) would most likely not vote to remove Trump. But you appear to be ignorant of the actual impeachment process. Perhaps you are unaware that Bill Clinton was actually impeached, yet not removed. In the current state of affairs, it's entirely possible that Trump could be impeached, but not removed.

The fact that he has not been impeached yet or might never be is not a testament to his good character.
                I have never EVER attested in any way to Trump's "good character", or attempted to defend it. But whether or not he is impeached is entirely in the hands of the Democrats.

There can be no doubt what he is and anyone lending him their support does so having been adequately warned. If Democrats have failed in their duty in the past, that is no reason for Republicans to follow suit – politicians ought to learn from previous mistakes, not use them to set precedents.
                How bout getting to the point, please?

The claim of liberal intolerance is an inversion of the true state of affairs.
                From your incredibly twisted point of view, no doubt.

In the news yesterday, we read about an Egyptian TV presenter who has been sentenced to one year in prison for interviewing a gay man on television. What has that got to do with you?
                Absolutely nothing, but no doubt you'll make that leap.

Be careful that your attitude and the attitudes that you promote towards the LGBT community do not give comfort to oppressors wherever they are.
                What, exactly, is my attitude and the attitudes I promote towards the LGBT community? Hmmmm?

You can be sure that liberals will fight as hard against your oppressors as they will against any other oppressor.
                What a steaming pile of horsie poo, and outright lie. I've had to testify against the lying conniving jackbooted intolerant liberal thugs before the Texas Senate -- you know -- the ones who tried to intimidate pastors into giving up their sermon notes and internal correspondence?

Intolerance is the enemy.
                Perhaps you should address your goofy little sermonette to former Houston Mayor Annise Parker and her intolerant henchmen.

Meanwhile, how bout you go do some Googling on what impeachment is, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  Trump is a ‘wanna be dictator’, but ‘I have a pen and a phone’ Obama isn’t. Okay.
                  That you even compare Obama to pathological lying sociopathic wannabe dictator traitor Trump just goes to show what propaganda bubble you live within.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    That you even compare Obama to pathological lying sociopathic wannabe dictator traitor Trump just goes to show what propaganda bubble you live within.

That's a GOOD one, Jim! You DO have a sense of humor!

Comment

Perhaps you are unaware that the office of POTUS is not intended to be the National Pastor or Pope. Trump is an incredibly flawed man who ran against an incredibly flawed woman who is also a liar and despicable individual.
                      Excuses, excuses. You guys trying to excuse yourselves for voting for Trump because Obama and Hillary were worse is such a joke.

Comment

Excuses, excuses. You guys trying to excuse yourselves for voting for Trump because Obama and Hillary were worse is such a joke.
                        Whatever you say, Bubble Boy. I'm still laughing about your prior post.

Comment

Repeating your assertions doesn’t make them true.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You can be such a jackass, and with so little effort.
                            Merely comparing your characterization of JimL’s “anti-Christian idiocy” with your obvious belief in Trump’s pro-Christian virtues. Why else would so many Evangelicals vote for him? Evangelical = Trump!
                            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                              Liberals are not anti-Christian.
                              There is the rare exception.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                Merely comparing your characterization of JimL’s “anti-Christian idiocy” with your obvious belief in Trump’s pro-Christian virtues.
                                You are such a gutless little blatant liar - I have never defended, much less mentioned, Trump's "pro-Christian values".

Apparently, in your sick little reprobate mind, you pervert my hope that Trump would nominate conservative SCOTUS justices (as opposed to Hillary's activist leftist choices) into some imagined "belief in Trump's pro-Christian virtues".

Why else would so many Evangelicals vote for him? Evangelical = Trump!
                                You are becoming the liar you always claim Trump to be.

(you're just still tormented over the fact that Hillary isn't POTUS and SCOTUS isn't Hillary's. )

Comment