Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How NUTTY Can the Liberals Get??? Ban He / She?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One day, sane people will look back at this time of Political Correctness wackjob nuttery and call this the "Age of Madness" and shake their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I heard he still holds doors open for wimmenfolk
      Especially Mrs CP, who is perfectly capable of opening her own car door, but I've been doing that for over 45 years, so, yeah.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        One day, sane people will look back at this time of Political Correctness wackjob nuttery and call this the "Age of Madness" and shake their heads.
        Not old liberals, they will breathe a long sigh, and say, "those were the good ol' days".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Just when you thought the liberals couldn't get any NUTTIER, we have this...

Dem. Senator Bans ‘He/She’ Pronouns During Legislative Hearings

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34566[/ATTACH]

California State Senate Judiciary Committee chairwoman Hannah-Beth Jackson (D-Santa Barbara) announced Thursday that only “gender neutral” pronouns will be permitted during committee hearings. No more will Sen. Jackson allow “he” or “she” to be used when referring to a male or female; “they” will be the only allowed pronoun.

Acknowledging this incorrect grammar, Jackson said since California passed a law recognizing the non-binary designation as a gender, “he and she, we are now merging them so we are using what my grammar teacher would have had a heart attack over: we are using the phrase ‘they’ and replacing other designations so it’s a gender neutral designation.”

“In the spirit of gender neutrality for the rules of this committee, we now designate the chair as ‘they,’” Jackson said, referring to herself as “they.” Or should we say “oneself,” referring to a gender neutral subject with a reflexive pronoun? And isn’t Sen. Jackson a “chairwoman” and not a “chair?”

As silly as this sounds, Sen. Jackson has the authority to make this change. Pursuant to the California Constitution, the Legislature has authority to do what they want for their committee rules.

SHE is a NUTCASE!!!
          It's kinda funny that while she was explaining this new policy, she referred to her grammar teacher who would be "rolling over in her grave", and at one point said, "But I don't believe I'll be seeing her again".

The audience laughed, and corrected her "not her", and she laughed back, "them.... THEY!".

Even she knows it's a joke!

Comment

Not old liberals, they will breathe a long sigh, and say, "those were the good ol' days".
            girls will be boys.

Comment

girls will be boys.
              And some are still deciding.

I read an article - can't refind it - where it discusses the changes in language. It talks about how easy it is to change nouns and verbs, and even adjectives and adverbs --- but it's almost impossible to change personal pronouns because they are ingrained in us.

Comment

girls will be boys.
                ...and boys will be girls
                It's a mixed-up, muddled-up, shook-up world

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  ...and boys will be girls
                  It's a mixed-up, muddled-up, shook-up world
                  It's a sin-sick world.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Old liberals will have been the first ones with their backs to the wall when the revolution came.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment