Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Could Ezekiel's prophecy about Magog's invasion of Israel be ready to take place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard that interpretation before. One of the strongest arguments supporting it is the idea of "unwalled villages." If there is one country right now in the middle east that ISN'T an unwalled village it's Israel, which is why I initially suspected it takes place after the millennium.

The reason I don't think it's America is two reasons:

Something absolutely unprecedented would have to happen to disarm the US and make them that vulnerable to give any country the gonads to invade. Even if something like an economic collapse happens (which is not just possible but probable), US still has the ultimate deterrent against this action -- nukes.

Secondly, I find it extremely hard to believe that God would intervene in such a dramatic fashion to save this country after the list of evil and heinous things its done. Abortion, murder, crime, drugs, corruption, secularism... the list goes on. And America has been doing this for decades and decades unabated.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      I've heard that interpretation before. One of the strongest arguments supporting it is the idea of "unwalled villages." If there is one country right now in the middle east that ISN'T an unwalled village it's Israel, which is why I initially suspected it takes place after the millennium.
      Agreed about unwalled villages. The people are also called unsuspecting. Again, not Israel. Describes the fat, entitled, oblivious American public, though.

The reason I don't think it's America is two reasons:

Something absolutely unprecedented would have to happen to disarm the US and make them that vulnerable to give any country the gonads to invade. Even if something like an economic collapse happens (which is not just possible but probable), US still has the ultimate deterrent against this action -- nukes.
      EMP seems likely. The Bible stresses that the invasion is a surprise and "in one hour" the enemy victory is assured.

Secondly, I find it extremely hard to believe that God would intervene in such a dramatic fashion to save this country after the list of evil and heinous things its done. Abortion, murder, crime, drugs, corruption, secularism... the list goes on. And America has been doing this for decades and decades unabated.
      He won't save the country. He will save His remnant within it.

Scripture Verse: Isaiah 48

Leave Babylon,
      flee from the Babylonians!

© Copyright Original Source

Scripture Verse: Jeremiah 50

50 This is the word the Lord spoke through Jeremiah the prophet concerning Babylon and the land of the Babylonians:
      “Announce and proclaim among the nations,
      lift up a banner and proclaim it;
      keep nothing back, but say,
      ‘Babylon will be captured;
      Bel will be put to shame,
      Marduk filled with terror.
      Her images will be put to shame
      and her idols filled with terror.’
      A nation from the north will attack her
      and lay waste her land.
      No one will live in it;
      both people and animals will flee away.
      “In those days, at that time,”
      declares the Lord,
      the people of Israel and the people of Judah together [people of Israel = lost tribes = Christians and Judah = Jews]
      will go in tears to seek the Lord their God.
      They will ask the way to Zion [greater exodus]
      and turn their faces toward it.
      They will come and bind themselves to the Lord
      in an everlasting covenant
      that will not be forgotten.

Scripture Verse: Jeremiah 51

51 This is what the Lord says:
      “See, I will stir up the spirit of a destroyer
      against Babylon and the people of Leb Kamai.
      I will send foreigners to Babylon
      to winnow her and to devastate her land;
      they will oppose her on every side
      in the day of her disaster.
      Let not the archer string his bow,
      nor let him put on his armor.
      Do not spare her young men;
      completely destroy her army.
      They will fall down slain in Babylon,
      fatally wounded in her streets.
      For Israel and Judah have not been forsaken
      by their God, the Lord Almighty,
      though their land [= Babylon] is full of guilt
      before the Holy One of Israel.
      Flee from Babylon!
      Run for your lives!
      Do not be destroyed because of her sins
      It is time for the Lord’s vengeance;
      he will repay her what she deserves.
      … 45
      “Come out of her, my people!
      Run for your lives!
      Run from the fierce anger of the Lord.
      … 63 When you finish reading this scroll, tie a stone to it and throw it into the Euphrates. 64 Then say, ‘So will Babylon sink to rise no more because of the disaster I will bring on her. And her people will fall.’”

Scripture Verse: Revelation 18

21 Then a mighty angel picked up a boulder the size of a large millstone and threw it into the sea, and said:
      “With such violence
      the great city of Babylon will be thrown down,
      never to be found again. …
      “‘Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!’
      She has become a dwelling for demons
      and a haunt for every impure spirit,
      a haunt for every unclean bird,
      a haunt for every unclean and detestable animal.
      For all the nations have drunk
      the maddening wine of her adulteries.
      The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,
      and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries.”
      4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
      ‘Come out of her, my people,’
      so that you will not share in her sins,
      so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
      for her sins are piled up to heaven,
      and God has remembered her crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Darfius View Post
        Agreed about unwalled villages. The people are also called unsuspecting. Again, not Israel. Describes the fat, entitled, oblivious American public, though.

EMP seems likely. The Bible stresses that the invasion is a surprise and "in one hour" the enemy victory is assured.

He won't save the country. He will save His remnant within it.

Scripture Verse: Isaiah 48

Leave Babylon,
        flee from the Babylonians!

Scripture Verse: Jeremiah 50

50 This is the word the Lord spoke through Jeremiah the prophet concerning Babylon and the land of the Babylonians:
        “Announce and proclaim among the nations,
        lift up a banner and proclaim it;
        keep nothing back, but say,
        ‘Babylon will be captured;
        Bel will be put to shame,
        Marduk filled with terror.
        Her images will be put to shame
        and her idols filled with terror.’
        A nation from the north will attack her
        and lay waste her land.
        No one will live in it;
        both people and animals will flee away.
        “In those days, at that time,”
        declares the Lord,
        the people of Israel and the people of Judah together [people of Israel = lost tribes = Christians and Judah = Jews]
        will go in tears to seek the Lord their God.
        They will ask the way to Zion [greater exodus]
        and turn their faces toward it.
        They will come and bind themselves to the Lord
        in an everlasting covenant
        that will not be forgotten.

Scripture Verse: Jeremiah 51

51 This is what the Lord says:
        “See, I will stir up the spirit of a destroyer
        against Babylon and the people of Leb Kamai.
        I will send foreigners to Babylon
        to winnow her and to devastate her land;
        they will oppose her on every side
        in the day of her disaster.
        Let not the archer string his bow,
        nor let him put on his armor.
        Do not spare her young men;
        completely destroy her army.
        They will fall down slain in Babylon,
        fatally wounded in her streets.
        For Israel and Judah have not been forsaken
        by their God, the Lord Almighty,
        though their land [= Babylon] is full of guilt
        before the Holy One of Israel.
        Flee from Babylon!
        Run for your lives!
        Do not be destroyed because of her sins
        It is time for the Lord’s vengeance;
        he will repay her what she deserves.
        … 45
        “Come out of her, my people!
        Run for your lives!
        Run from the fierce anger of the Lord.
        … 63 When you finish reading this scroll, tie a stone to it and throw it into the Euphrates. 64 Then say, ‘So will Babylon sink to rise no more because of the disaster I will bring on her. And her people will fall.’”

Scripture Verse: Revelation 18

21 Then a mighty angel picked up a boulder the size of a large millstone and threw it into the sea, and said:
        “With such violence
        the great city of Babylon will be thrown down,
        never to be found again. …
        “‘Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!’
        She has become a dwelling for demons
        and a haunt for every impure spirit,
        a haunt for every unclean bird,
        a haunt for every unclean and detestable animal.
        For all the nations have drunk
        the maddening wine of her adulteries.
        The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,
        and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries.”
        4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
        ‘Come out of her, my people,’
        so that you will not share in her sins,
        so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
        for her sins are piled up to heaven,
        and God has remembered her crimes.

He doesn't just save the remnant though, he entirely wipes out the invading armies, which means he's saving the entire country. God has always brought heathen empires against Israel as punishment in ancient times. But in this case he intervenes and stops this action for a country that deserves it probably more than anything Israel ever did in the past -- an accumulation of some of the most heinous sins over decades and decades? That's difficult for me to swallow. I'm sure God could kill two birds with one stone -- judge a country that deserves it, and still provide a way for the remnant to be saved.

Comment

Originally posted by Darfius View Post
          The Israel of Ezekiel's prophecy is America... The land that is invaded by Russia is America, at least primarily. It's not until the abomination of desolation that the Antichrist invades Israel.
          Hi Darfius,

I can't agree that, "the Israel of Ezekiel's prophecy is America" or that "the land that is invaded by Russian is America" because Ezek. 38 clearly states:

3 and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh... 8... In the latter years YOU WILL COME INTO THE LAND OF THOSE BROUGHT BACK from the sword and gathered from many people ON THE MOUNTAINS OF ISRAEL, WHICH HAD LONG BEEN DESOLATE; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely... 10 ‘Thus says the Lord God: “On that day it shall come to pass that thoughts will arise in your mind, and you will make an evil plan: 11 You will say, ‘I will go up... 12 ... AGAINST A PEOPLE GATHERED FROM THE NATIONS, who have acquired livestock and goods, who dwell in the midst of the land... 15 Then you will come from your place OUT OF THE FAR NORTH, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great company and a mighty army. 16 You will come up AGAINST MY PEOPLE ISRAEL like a cloud, to cover the land."

The invasion comes from THE FAR NORTH, against A PEOPLE GATHERED FROM THE NATIONS on THE MOUNTAINS OF ISRAEL. Of the nations of the world, only the nation of Israel has been called "MY PEOPLE" in the Old Testament (with one future exception where God will also refer to Egypt as His people - Isa. 19:24, 25).

Also, as I understand it, the invasion of Gog will have to occur at least 7 years prior to the antichrist's defilement of Israel's rebuilt temple to allow for the Jews to burn the enemies' weapons for 7 years before they are forced to flee (as per Ezek. 39:10).
          Last edited by xcav8tor; 10-05-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X