Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Could Ezekiel's prophecy about Magog's invasion of Israel be ready to take place?

  1. #21
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,413
    Amen (Given)
    12064
    Amen (Received)
    25765
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I often post during breaks at work, when I don't have the time to give this the attention it deserves. Eschatology is largely an academic subject to me. We should be ready for Christ to return at an hour we do not expect. We should be prepared to endure persecution. Beyond that,
    EGGzackly - like my African-American Associate Pastor loved to say "I just STAYS ready!"
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  2. Amen lee_merrill amen'd this post.
  3. #22
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36
    Amen (Given)
    25
    Amen (Received)
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    EGGzackly - like my African-American Associate Pastor loved to say "I just STAYS ready!"
    Hi Cow Poke,

    I also, "STAYS ready," but if I hear on the news that Damascus has suddenly become "a heap of ruins" or that the combined armies of Russia, Turkey and Iran have begun their march through Syria into Israel as Saudi Arabia protests their motives, I'll be right there telling my neighbours that Isaiah's prophecies from 3700 years ago are being fulfilled before their very eyes and they are about to see the Hand of God miraculously deliver Israel from their enemies - so it's past time to wake up. I'll be ready to tell them the subsequent details revealed in the prophecy as well. Will you?

  4. #23
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,413
    Amen (Given)
    12064
    Amen (Received)
    25765
    Quote Originally Posted by xcav8tor View Post
    Hi Cow Poke,

    I also, "STAYS ready," but if I hear on the news that Damascus has suddenly become "a heap of ruins" or that the combined armies of Russia, Turkey and Iran have begun their march through Syria into Israel as Saudi Arabia protests their motives, I'll be right there telling my neighbours that Isaiah's prophecies from 3700 years ago are being fulfilled before their very eyes and they are about to see the Hand of God miraculously deliver Israel from their enemies - so it's past time to wake up. I'll be ready to tell them the subsequent details revealed in the prophecy as well. Will you?
    I'll stick to preaching Jesus -- Him crucified, buried and risen again - regardless of what's going on in the rest of the world, while continuing to help meet the needs of the poor and lowly in my community. And, meanwhile, I will continue to "occupy til He comes".
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  5. #24
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,003
    Amen (Given)
    211
    Amen (Received)
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by xcav8tor View Post
    Ezekiel 36 to 39 describe a series of events to take place in "the Last Days," beginning with the restoration of Israel as a nation (which took place in 1948) after a worldwide dispersion. Israel has since flourished economically and in the last 10 years has developed oil and gas reserves worth $100 billion (providing the spoil given as the motivation for Gog's attack). Currently, Russia, Turkey and Iran (the key allies mentioned in the text) have aligned themselves politically and amassed their combined military forces in Syria just north of Israel (the northern direction from which the prophesied invasion of Israel is to take place). There has been recent earthquake activity in the Golan Heights (one of the interventions God will use to destroy the invaders - along with friendly fire, hail, fire and brimstone). We know this attack has not yet taken place, because Israel has never buried the bodies of any invaders in a valley named, Hamon-Gog near a city called Hamonah. They do not yet exist.

    From the Futurist perspective, this invasion could not take place within the 7 year Tribulation Period (the 70th week of Daniel's prophecy, Dan. 9:24-27) because Israel is to use the enemy's weapons as fuel for 7 years - something they will not likely be doing while running for their lives from the antichrist after he turns on them after defiling the rebuild temple in the middle of the Tribulation. This would suggest the invasion of Gog must take place at least 3 1/2 years prior to the beginning of the 7 years of Daniel's 70th week. Btw, Israel has already created all the furniture and implements required to reinstate Mosaic sacrifice (including the Menora, the Altar, the Breastplate and Crown of the High Priest, etc. They have the blueprints and financing ready for the temple, have chosen a High Priest, have reconvened the Sanhedrin, found the ancient anointing oil, procured a pure red heifer, and have said they know where the Ark of the Covenant currently resides).

    With all this in mind, what do you think is the likelihood that the invasion of Israel as foretold by the prophet Ezekiel may be "right around the corner"?

    Or is all this to be written off as a long, long, long series of mere coincidences?
    As much as I want to believe that that Ezekiel prophecy happens after the millennium (as seems to be clearly indicated in Rev 20:8), it's looking more and more from a geopolitical perspective that it's shaping that way, especially with the core hostility between Israel and Iran and all the superpowers surrounding that situation.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  6. #25
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36
    Amen (Given)
    25
    Amen (Received)
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    As much as I want to believe that that Ezekiel prophecy happens after the millennium (as seems to be clearly indicated in Rev 20:8), it's looking more and more from a geopolitical perspective that it's shaping that way, especially with the core hostility between Israel and Iran and all the superpowers surrounding that situation.
    Hi SeanD,

    Regarding the referrence to Gog and Magog at the end of the Millennium, it makes more sense to me that the the unbelievers at this time merely typify the rebellious nature of those who were destroyed by God during the prior invasion of Israel (the same way Jerusalem is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt in Rev. 11:8). Note that at this point, the purpose of the invaders is not to take spoil (Ezek. 38:11-13), but to try to take over Christ's kingdom, and they do not come primarily from the north (as in Ezek. 38:6 and 39:2), but from all over the world (the 4 corners of the earth - north, south, east and west - Rev, 20:8). And after they are destroyed and Christ puts down this final rebellion, the Great White Throne Judgment immediately takes place - followed by the creation of the New Heaven and Earth. This leaves no time for Israel to burn the enemies weapons as fuel for 7 years or bury the bodies for 7 months, so the attack from "Gog and Magog" in Revelation 20 cannot be the invasion to which Ezekiel is referring. There are at least 1,000 years between the two events.
    Last edited by xcav8tor; 07-06-2019 at 10:40 AM.

  7. #26
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,003
    Amen (Given)
    211
    Amen (Received)
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by xcav8tor View Post
    Hi SeanD,

    Regarding the referrence to Gog and Magog at the end of the Millennium, it makes more sense to me that the the unbelievers at this time merely typify the rebellious nature of those who were destroyed by God during the prior invasion of Israel (the same way Jerusalem is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt in Rev. 11:8). Note that at this point, the purpose of the invaders is not to take spoil, but to try to take over Christ's kingdom, and they do not come primarily from the north, but from all over the world (the 4 corners of the earth - north, south, east and west). And after they are destroyed and Christ puts down this final rebellion, the Great White Throne Judgment immediately takes place - followed by the creation of the New Heaven and Earth. This leaves no time for Israel to burn the enemies weapons as fuel for 7 years or bury the bodies for 7 months, so the attack from "Gog and Magog" in Revelation 20 cannot be the invasion to which Ezekiel is referring. There is at least 1,000 years between the two events.
    You have a point. Just to clarify, since I don't think my last post was clear the way I phrased it, I am beginning to think the pre-millennium Ezekiel invasion is correct just by the way geopolitical events are taking shape now. All the superpowers that futurists believe are represented in the names in Ezekiel are definitely in alignment now for such a scenario.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  8. #27
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36
    Amen (Given)
    25
    Amen (Received)
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    You have a point. Just to clarify, since I don't think my last post was clear the way I phrased it, I am beginning to think the pre-millennium Ezekiel invasion is correct just by the way geopolitical events are taking shape now. All the superpowers that futurists believe are represented in the names in Ezekiel are definitely in alignment now for such a scenario.
    Hi SeanD,

    Yes, it seems unlikely that for the first time in over 3,000 years that Sheba and Dedan (Saudi Arabia) would align with Israel; that Russia, Turkey and Iran would all position their armies in Syria north of Israel; and that Eqypt (Israel's ancient enemy) would have a standing peace accord with Israel - all at the same time - only for this to all evaporate and fall into place again at some distant time in the future. In addition, the Russian, Turkish and Iranian economies are desperately hurting at the same time Israel has discovered over 100 Billion $ in offshore oil and gas reserves. It is amazing to me that something as obvious and significant as this impending fulfillment of God's Word can be so easily brushed aside by fellow Christians on this forum. Go figure.
    Last edited by xcav8tor; 07-06-2019 at 11:06 AM.

  9. #28
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36
    Amen (Given)
    25
    Amen (Received)
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'll stick to preaching Jesus -- Him crucified, buried and risen again - regardless of what's going on in the rest of the world, while continuing to help meet the needs of the poor and lowly in my community. And, meanwhile, I will continue to "occupy til He comes".
    Hi Cow Poke,

    Be assured that I too, continue, "preaching Jesus -- Him crucified, buried and risen again," but are you telling me that should these events (destruction of Damasus, Russian and their allied troops begin marching south into Israel) appear on the news that you will say NOTHING about this to your neighbours? You will make NO APPEAL to the fulfilment of prophecy, even though Jesus and the apostles often did so?
    Last edited by xcav8tor; 07-06-2019 at 11:24 AM.

  10. #29
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,413
    Amen (Given)
    12064
    Amen (Received)
    25765
    Quote Originally Posted by xcav8tor View Post
    Hi Cow Poke,

    Be assured that I too, continue, "preaching Jesus -- Him crucified, buried and risen again," but are you telling me that should these events (destruction of Damasus, Russian and their allied troops begin marching south into Israel) appear on the news that you will say NOTHING about this to your neighbours? You will make NO APPEAL to the fulfilment of prophecy, even though Jesus and the apostles often did so?
    There will be wars and rumors of wars.... In my nearly seven decades on the planet, there have been numerous "this is IT" proclamations. I regularly declare the fulfillment of prophecy in the birth, life, death and resurrection of our Lord, and the preaching of the Gospel to all nations.

    We used to have 'evangelists' come with their charts and graphs and full color wall-sized timelines of what all must happen before Jesus returns. I'm ready right now.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  11. #30
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    690
    Amen (Given)
    62
    Amen (Received)
    35
    The Israel of Ezekiel's prophecy is America, the primary home of the lost 10 tribes. The Israelites in the land of Israel are referred to as Judah. For example:

    Scripture Verse: Zechariah 12

    7 “The Lord will save the dwellings of Judah first, so that the honor of the house of David and of Jerusalem’s inhabitants may not be greater than that of Judah. 8 On that day the Lord will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the angel of the Lord going before them. 9 On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem.

    © Copyright Original Source



    The tribes called "the Jews" today descend primarily from Judah, Benjamin and Levi, as in Paul's day. The other "lost" tribes will be reunited with them as foretold in the glorious prophecy of Ezekiel 37:

    Scripture Verse: Ezekiel 37

    15 The word of the Lord came to me: 16 “Son of man, take a stick of wood and write on it, ‘Belonging to Judah and the Israelites associated with him.’ Then take another stick of wood, and write on it, ‘Belonging to Joseph (that is, to Ephraim) and all the Israelites associated with him.’ 17 Join them together into one stick so that they will become one in your hand.
    18 “When your people ask you, ‘Won’t you tell us what you mean by this?’ 19 say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am going to take the stick of Joseph—which is in Ephraim’s hand—and of the Israelite tribes associated with him, and join it to Judah’s stick. I will make them into a single stick of wood, and they will become one in my hand.’ 20 Hold before their eyes the sticks you have written on 21 and say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. 22 I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms. 23 They will no longer defile themselves with their idols and vile images or with any of their offenses, for I will save them from all their sinful backsliding, and I will cleanse them. They will be my people, and I will be their God.

    © Copyright Original Source



    America is called both Israel and Babylon, to reflect it being the home of both God's people and the devil's people. God's people will be preserved in a "greater exodus" to the land of their fathers in Israel. The land that is invaded by Russia is America, at least primarily. It's not until the abomination of desolation that the Antichrist invades Israel.

    For those fools and liars who claim to "always be ready", if you have no idea about these things, you aren't ready for jack squat except to be exposed as the charlatans you are. Words are cheap. When your options are the mark of the beast or death, you'll compromise and rationalize lickety-split. You'll say it "isn't the mark of the beast and those who say it is take the Bible too literally."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •