Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

New York celebrates legalizing abortion until birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York celebrates legalizing abortion until birth

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is under fire from faith leaders after he signed a bill into law that legalizes abortion up until birth in many cases. The Democratic governor directed the One World Trade Center and other landmarks to be lit in pink Tuesday to celebrate the passage of "Reproductive Health Act."

Cuomo called it "a historic victory for New Yorkers and for our progressive values" on the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the 1973 Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion in the United States. But New York Catholic bishops slammed him for the move just days after he touted his Catholic faith during the State of the State address

Your advocacy of extreme abortion legislation is completely contrary to the teachings of our pope and our Church," Albany Bishop Rev. Edward B. Scharfenberger wrote in an open letter in the Evangelist on Saturday. "I shudder to think of the consequences this law will wreak. You have already uttered harsh threats about the welcome you think pro-lifers are not entitled to in our state. Now you are demonstrating that you mean to write your warning into law. Will being pro-life one day be a hate crime in the State of New York?"

Under the Reproductive Health Act, non-doctors are now allowed to conduct abortions and the procedure could be done until the mother's due date if the woman's health is endangered or if the fetus is not viable. The previous law only allowed abortions after 24 weeks of pregnancy if a woman's life was at risk.

Cardinal Timothy Dolan, Archbishop of New York, along with the Catholic Bishops in the state signed a letter condemning the bill, saying "our beloved state has become a more dangerous one for women and their unborn babies."

"Our governor and legislative leaders hail this new abortion law as progress. This is not progress," the bishops wrote. "Progress will be achieved when our laws and our culture once again value and respect each unrepeatable gift of human life, from the first moment of creation to natural death."

Thomas Peters, the @AmericanPapist on Twitter, condemned Cuomo, saying he should be excommunicated for his pro-abortion actions, pointing to the One World Trade Center's pink spire.

"Now it looks just like the needle that is used to supply the lethal injection to the living unborn child," Peters wrote.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...n-cuomos-faith

======================

The bit above about "the procedure could be done until the mother's due date if the woman's health is endangered or if the fetus is not viable." is a joke.

If the woman's life is at risk and the baby is more than 24 weeks old, they could just deliver the baby and it would survive instead of aborting it. They would have to deliver it after aborting it anyway, so to claim that they had to abort it to save the woman's life at that point would be a lie.

This law is pure evil and legalized murder. The abortionist doesn't even have to be a doctor!

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is under fire from faith leaders after he signed a bill into law that legalizes abortion up until birth in many cases. The Democratic governor directed the One World Trade Center and other landmarks to be lit in pink Tuesday to celebrate the passage of "Reproductive Health Act."

Cuomo called it "a historic victory for New Yorkers and for our progressive values" on the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the 1973 Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion in the United States. But New York Catholic bishops slammed him for the move just days after he touted his Catholic faith during the State of the State address

Your advocacy of extreme abortion legislation is completely contrary to the teachings of our pope and our Church," Albany Bishop Rev. Edward B. Scharfenberger wrote in an open letter in the Evangelist on Saturday. "I shudder to think of the consequences this law will wreak. You have already uttered harsh threats about the welcome you think pro-lifers are not entitled to in our state. Now you are demonstrating that you mean to write your warning into law. Will being pro-life one day be a hate crime in the State of New York?"

Under the Reproductive Health Act, non-doctors are now allowed to conduct abortions and the procedure could be done until the mother's due date if the woman's health is endangered or if the fetus is not viable. The previous law only allowed abortions after 24 weeks of pregnancy if a woman's life was at risk.

Cardinal Timothy Dolan, Archbishop of New York, along with the Catholic Bishops in the state signed a letter condemning the bill, saying "our beloved state has become a more dangerous one for women and their unborn babies."

"Our governor and legislative leaders hail this new abortion law as progress. This is not progress," the bishops wrote. "Progress will be achieved when our laws and our culture once again value and respect each unrepeatable gift of human life, from the first moment of creation to natural death."

Thomas Peters, the @AmericanPapist on Twitter, condemned Cuomo, saying he should be excommunicated for his pro-abortion actions, pointing to the One World Trade Center's pink spire.

"Now it looks just like the needle that is used to supply the lethal injection to the living unborn child," Peters wrote.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...n-cuomos-faith

======================

The bit above about "the procedure could be done until the mother's due date if the woman's health is endangered or if the fetus is not viable." is a joke.

If the woman's life is at risk and the baby is more than 24 weeks old, they could just deliver the baby and it would survive instead of aborting it. They would have to deliver it after aborting it anyway, so to claim that they had to abort it to save the woman's life at that point would be a lie.

This law is pure evil and legalized murder. The abortionist doesn't even have to be a doctor!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]34640[/ATTACH]
      I was actually a little surprised when the death merchants appeared to be so happy about their latest descent into Hell.

No doubt, however, we have one particular Twebber who will be disappointed they didn't go far enough.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We've lived with this in Canada for at least 3 decades.

It's vile beyond words.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Do they think they are better than the ancient peoples who abandoned their newborns to die? Do they really believe that the personhood fairy actually sprinkles newborns with fairy dust to turn them into persons?
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            Do they think they are better than the ancient peoples who abandoned their newborns to die? Do they really believe that the personhood fairy actually sprinkles newborns with fairy dust to turn them into persons?
            Given the disproportionate impact on minorities, eugenicist Margaret Sanger is smiling in her grave.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

And I don't think this would please the ultimate authority figure either! He cares very much about the little children!

Comment

As far as I can tell, not a single abortion supporter has ever actually been the victim of abortion.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Disgusting. May their black souls get what they deserve.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Now, now, God would want the wicked to repent and turn to Him for salvation. Is it weird I cry out to the Lord on behalf of the weak and helpless? Well, someone has to speak up for those who can't speak for themselves! To champion the cause of the oppressed! Except I can't actually do anything except pray and give a little money....

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      I was actually a little surprised when the death merchants appeared to be so happy about their latest descent into Hell.

No doubt, however, we have one particular Twebber who will be disappointed they didn't go far enough.
                      And Cuomo ordered bridges and government buildings be decorated with pink lights to celebrate allowing unborn babies to be killed for any reason whatsoever right up to the moment of birth.

Once again the left puts the lie to their claim that they don't like abortion and that they want to make it as rare as possible.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And Cuomo ordered bridges and government buildings be decorated with pink lights to celebrate allowing unborn babies to be killed for any reason whatsoever right up to the moment of birth.

Once again the left puts the lie to their claim that they don't like abortion and that they want to make it as rare as possible.
                        When was the last time you heard any of them use that lie - "safe, legal and rare"?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          Given the disproportionate impact on minorities, eugenicist Margaret Sanger is smiling in her grave.
                          Oh, I could think of at least half a dozen words, but they are certainly not fitting for a Christian site or any public discourse for that matter.

Comment

They CELEBRATED IT!!!! WHY? I thought it was supposed to be some moral dilemma between dooming a woman and child to a life of poverty or brutal murder of a fragile developing baby. Yeah it is a false dichotomy, but that at least would portray abortion as a tragedy! Not as something as life changing as an appendectomy!

So, can I come up with a pro life superhero?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                              They CELEBRATED IT!!!! WHY? I thought it was supposed to be some moral dilemma between dooming a woman and child to a life of poverty or brutal murder of a fragile developing baby. Yeah it is a false dichotomy, but that at least would portray abortion as a tragedy! Not as something as life changing as an appendectomy!

So, can I come up with a pro life superhero?
                              Sad to say the left has been celebrating abortions for awhile now
                              Unfortunately there are those who see abortions as being something to celebrate and are unhappy when abortion numbers drop and happy when they go up.

From a few short past posts:

Celebrating abortions:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34649[/ATTACH]
                              Among certain elements it is virtually becoming a sacrament.

Earlier this year Planned Parenthood was able to gather 20 religious leaders to bless their newest center in Washington D.C. built next to an Elementary school. The president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington gushed, "In almost every message to our staff, I talk about our doing sacred work. This confirms the sacredness of the work we do." Providing abortions (and let's not kid ourselves, in spite of their protests to the contrary, that is pretty much PP's primary activity) is "sacred work" for these people.

And about the same time the TV show Degrassi: Next Class in an episode called "#IRegretNothing" has a 16 year old going to an abortion clinic where one of her friends says "Making that difficult choice and standing up for it? You’re courageous! We should go out and celebrate!" And they all go out to celebrate by having ice cream. They call it celebrating a second time when one proclaims that they're going "To celebrate Lola’s bravery!" Yeah real brave, killing a defenseless unborn baby. Maybe she should get a medal.

As an aside, the girl who had the abortion remarks that she doesn't feel sad about aborting her baby to which one of her classmates adds "A lot of women have abortions and feel no shame," and goes on to cite rapper Nicki Minaj as one celebrity who had an abortion while still in High School. What is left out is that in 2014 Minaj told Rolling Stone magazine that this decision has "haunted me all my life." Darn those pesky details.

Two years ago there was a piece in the Huffington Post urging women to celebrate Mother's Day with abortion. Talk about the world turned upside down. Since then others have celebrated Valentine's Day with abortion such as TeenVogue.com which posted a "What to Get a Friend Post-Abortion" guide including this (crass and crude warning to those who click on it). And the Vegan website VegWeb.com was promoting a "Valentine’s Day Sale" for abortion pills.

And the entire #ShoutYourAbortion movement is little more than an effort to celebrate abortions

Happy about increased abortions:
                              Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, located in Las Vegas, Nevada (Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's turf) gave its Aurua, Colorado abortion clinic an award for increasing the number of babies killed in abortions.

Source: Planned Parenthood Gives Clinic Award for 'Exceeding Abortion Visits' of Previous Year

Proving once and for all that Planned Parenthood's business is abortion, Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains gave its Aurora abortion clinic an award certificate for "exceeding abortion visits [in the] first half of FY12 compared to the first half of FY13."

Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is the 2nd largest Planned Parenthood facility in the U.S.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34650[/ATTACH]

The picture of the award was snapped by a former worker who saw it posted on a bulletin board in Denver. The board displays awards satellite clinics have earned.

The award challenged the Planned Parenthood worker's thinking, since it showed that clinics were given abortion "quotas" to meet, and that this particular clinic had "exceeded" expectations and received an award for doing so.

From a blog post by Abby Johnson, former Planned Parenthood director turned pro-life advocate:

Ever since I left Planned Parenthood, I have been talking about the abortion quotas that are established inside abortion facilities. Many abortion supporters refused to believe it, citing that surely Planned Parenthood wants abortion to be safe, legal and RARE. If they want something to be RARE, they certainly wouldn't have quotas, right?

Planned Parenthood had a net revenue of $1.21 billion last year, and received $540.6 million in U.S. taxpayer funding.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

So much for wanting to make abortions rare but safe and legal when you award clinics for increasing the number of abortions

Unhappy when abortion rates drop:
                              For years the pro-abortion crowd has told everyone that they want to make abortion "safe, legal and rare." For instance back in 2008 Hillary Clinton proclaimed at a campaign event that she thought abortion should be "safe, legal and rare, and by rare I mean rare." But the reality of the situation is that some really are not interested in the rare part and see a decrease in abortions as being a bad thing.

Case in point, in a tweet earlier this week Cosmopolitan magazine, a long time major advocate for abortions, lamented an increase of babies born in Texas after that state defunded organizations, such as Planned Parenthood, that provide abortions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34651[/ATTACH]

The link in the tweet goes to a Cosmo story about a study conducted by the Texas Policy Evaluation Project at University of Texas Austin which found a 1.9% "increase in the birthing rate in counties that once had state-funded Planned Parenthood clinics." And as can be seen by the accompanying sad-face emoji in the tweet Cosmo thinks that people having more babies and less abortions is a negative result.

So much for "safe, legal and rare" -- or at least for the last part. But then what can you expect from a magazine that last year started a campaign trying to get women to say how great abortions are (#ShoutYourAbortion). After all, why would you want to make something that is so positive a rare thing?

Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X