Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

New York celebrates legalizing abortion until birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    So they want to allow a woman who may have mental health issues affected by giving birth to a baby make a decision about murdering said baby after it's born.

Yep. or even before it is born. If she has mental issues she should not be making such decisions.

This is in actuality a method of allowing a woman to choose to abort a perfectly fine baby because she wants to. They can couch it as being pregnant or being a mother is a mental strain on the mother so the baby needs to be aborted for her health.

Comment

Somebody had cited "the health of the mother" -- and in my experience, that is often expanded to "the MENTAL health of the mother" - which could simply mean she is unhappy about giving birth, so it's just a matter of finding a sympathetic doctor. No doubt Planned Parenthood has such doctors on speed dial.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Somebody had cited "the health of the mother" -- and in my experience, that is often expanded to "the MENTAL health of the mother" - which could simply mean she is unhappy about giving birth, so it's just a matter of finding a sympathetic doctor. No doubt Planned Parenthood has such doctors on speed dial.
        Yup. It quickly went from endangering the life of the mother to just feeling down in the dumps one day. And I'm not trying to minimize legitimate depression here which can indeed be very serious but rather the I'm feeling kinda blue this morning so let's kill the baby sorta thing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Ralph's a joke and a moron.
          If he were only that.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Yup. It quickly went from endangering the life of the mother to just feeling down in the dumps one day. And I'm not trying to minimize legitimate depression here which can indeed be very serious but rather the I'm feeling kinda blue this morning so let's kill the baby sorta thing.
            When we bought the planned parenthood facility in College Station and turned it into a Christian Pregnancy Counseling service, we found that they left a bunch of crap behind, like "YOU guys can clean this up!" But, in some old desks and filing cabinets were some of their "battle plans", so to speak. There were a number of names of doctors that frequently popped up that I would NEVER HAVE SUSPECTED were involved in the Abortion Murder for Hire Industry.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Even genuine depression is no reason to abort a baby. You don't kill an infant because the mother is suffering from post-partum depression.

Comment

planned murderhood.jpg

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

It looks like Virginia is making a bid to join New York in sliding into the pits of hell by allowing a baby to be aborted right up to the moment it is being born. Governor Ralph Northam (D - Va.), during an interview on WTOP-FM concerning a bill allowing abortions through the third trimester was asked about his take on it.

Source: Northam on Abortion Bill: Infant Could Be Delivered and Then ‘Physicians and the Mother’ Could Decide If It Lives

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D.) commented Wednesday about a controversial 40-week abortion bill and in so doing said the law allows an abortion to take place after the infant's birth.

"If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother," Northam said, alluding to the physician and mother discussing whether the born infant should live or die.

A Democratic lawmaker in the Virginia House of Delegates proposed a bill Tuesday that would allow abortions through the end of the third trimester of pregnancy. The video of Delegate Kathy Tran presenting her bill led to an exchange where she admitted that her bill would allow for a mother to abort her child minutes before giving birth.

"How late in the third trimester could a physician perform an abortion if he indicated that it would impair the mental health of the woman?" Majority Leader Todd Gilbert (R.) asked.

"Or physical health," Tran said.

"Okay," Gilbert replied. "I'm talking about the mental health."

"I mean, through the third trimester," Tran said. "The third trimester goes up to 40 weeks."

"Okay, but to the end of the third trimester?" Gilbert asked.

"Yup, I don't think we have a limit in the bill," Tran said.

"Where it's obvious that a woman is about to give birth, she has physical signs that she's about to give birth, would that still be a point at which she could request an abortion if she was so certified?" Gilbert asked. "She's dilating."

Tran responded that is a decision between the woman and her doctor would have to make. Gilbert asked if her bill would allow an abortion right before the infant was born.

"My bill would allow that, yes," Tran said.

NBC4 reporter Julie Carey asked Northam about the measure.

"Do you support her measure and explain her answer?" Carey asked.

"I wasn't there, Julie. And I certainly can't speak for delegate Tran. But I would tell you one, the first think I would say, this is why decisions such as this should be made by providers, physicians, and the mothers and fathers that are involved," Northam said. "When we talk about third trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of obviously the mother, with the consent of the physicians, more than one physician by the way. And it is done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that is non-viable."

Northam continued by saying government shouldn't be involved in these types of decisions and that legislators, especially male legislators, shouldn't be telling women what to do.

"I think this was really blown out of proportion. But again we want the government not to be involved in these types of decisions. We want the decision to be made by the mothers and their providers. And this is why Julie, that legislators, most of whom are men by the way, shouldn't be telling a woman what she should or shouldn't be doing with her body," Northam said.

Carey asked if the law should still require women to have multiple physicians approve an abortion.

"Well, I think it is always good to get a second opinion and for at least two providers to be involved in that decision," Northam said. "These decisions shouldn't be taken lightly.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I don't see where Northman is explicitly advocating for post birth abortion so the headline may be misleading but he certainly wants to join in on the celebrating in New York
                  As for the bolded part, notice how the left only trots this line out to use it to support their position and ignoring it when it doesn't. For instance they had no problem whatsoever with 9 men deciding Roe v. Wade or Planned Parenthood v. Casey when there were 8 men and only 1 woman.

Comment

Well, nice to know pregnant women have twice as many limbs and organs as usual! And two reproductive systems which might not even be the same? Talk about a dumb argument!
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Doe v. Bolton (1973)
                      Read the decision >
                      The issue before the Court:
                      Doe v. Bolton was filed on behalf of an indigent married woman from Georgia, who challenged that state's law prohibiting abortion except in cases when the pregnancy would endanger the woman's life or health; when the fetus would likely be born with a birth defect; or when the pregnancy resulted from rape.
                      The woman, who had three previous children, two of whom were in foster care and one who had been placed for adoption, had been a mental patient at the state hospital. She had been abandoned by her husband and forced to live with her indigent parents, but she and her husband had reconciled. She was denied an abortion because she did not fit any of the Georgia law's categories.
                      The Court's ruling:
                      The Court ruled on Doe on the same day as Roe v. Wade. By a vote of 7-2 it held that several restrictions within the Georgia law -- that the abortion be performed only in accredited hospitals; that the procedure be approved by a hospital abortion committee; that two doctors concur with the patient's physician that the abortion is necessary; and that the patient hold Georgia residency -- were unconstitutional because they were unduly restrictive of the patient's rights.
                      Doe is important because of its expansive definition of the pregnant woman's health as including "… all factors -- physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman's age -- relevant to the wellbeing of the patient." The ruling is meant to be read in tandem with Roe, which says that state restrictions of abortion in the second and third trimesters must provide an exception "for the preservation of the life or health of the mother."
                      Analysis:
                      "The claim from right-to-life groups all along has been that every health exception beginning with Doe v. Bolton … has been just an enormous loophole where health was used as a loophole for anything.
                      -- William Saletan, author Bearing Right: How Conservatives Won the Abortion War (Read more…)
                      "What the Supreme Court did in Doe v. Bolton was to say that where the state piles on procedures whose basic job is to slow down the process of getting an abortion or make it more difficult for women to get an abortion, those things are unconstitutional unless they have some clear relationship to preserving the woman's health or good medical practice."
                      -- Jack Balkin, editor What Roe v. Wade Should Have Said (Read more…)

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...ars/cases.html
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I heard a couple of talking heads this morning on TV, and they revealed the truth behind all of this....

Basically, they're concerned that [the] SCOTUS is being set up to overrule RvW, so they are preemptively declaring that RvW is the law of the land, and will therefore expand it to it's absolute broadest interpretation.

Comment

As for the bolded part, notice how the left only trots this line out to use it to support their position and ignoring it when it doesn't. For instance they had no problem whatsoever with 9 men deciding Roe v. Wade or Planned Parenthood v. Casey when there were 8 men and only 1 woman.
                          Well women don't get pregnant by themselves. It takes both sexes to create the fetus. Even with in-vitro.

And the baby isn't the woman's body.

That always irked me. Men don't get any say in the child's life, and yet when a child is born, he magically becomes responsible for supporting the child.

---
                          Miraculous: Clump Of Cells Transforms Into Fully Formed Baby Upon Womb Exit

AKRON, OH—According to witnesses of the miraculous event, an amorphous clump of cells was instantaneously transformed into a beautiful, fully formed human baby the moment it was delivered at Grace Hospital Wednesday afternoon.

“Our little bundle of joy is so precious,” mother Hannah Bramer told reporters as she held her baby boy for the first time. “It’s hard to believe little Ashton was an unrecognizable blob of tissue just a few minutes ago.”

“I have no idea how this happened, but I am so happy,” she added.

Doctors who witnessed the occurrence claim it was nothing short of a medical miracle.

“The baby you see was indeed just a part of that woman’s body, moments ago,” the doctor who delivered the child said. “He is now clearly a separate, unique human being—just like that. We’re all fascinated, honestly. It’s astounding. We have no explanation.”

https://babylonbee.com/news/miraculo...upon-womb-exit

Comment

Report: More Unborn Babies In New York Identifying As Convicted Criminals So They Can't Legally Be Executed

NEW YORK—According to a new report, unborn babies in New York have adopted a new strategy to help them stay alive under the state's barbaric new abortion laws: identifying as convicted criminals so they can't legally be executed under the state's constitution.

Since capital punishment in the state has been banned but abortion is legal pretty much whenever and however you want, unborn babies quickly formulated the survival strategy of identifying as murderers, rapists, and genocidal maniacs.

"I now identify as a serial killer indicted on five counts of murder," said one 6-month-old baby, whose mother was considering an abortion. "Therefore, under state law, I cannot be executed. Sorry, mom."

"Guess you'll just have to like be a mom or something," he added, shrugging.

State leaders were blindsided by the strategy and aren't sure whether they should restrict abortion or rescind the ban on capital punishment. "We're definitely in a bit of a pickle," Governor Andrew Cuomo said. "We must respect these babies' chosen identities as serial killers, and we obviously can't perform a lethal injection on a serial killer."

"That would just be inhumane," he added, shaking his head.

Comment

I heard a couple of talking heads this morning on TV, and they revealed the truth behind all of this....

Basically, they're concerned that [the] SCOTUS is being set up to overrule RvW, so they are preemptively declaring that RvW is the law of the land, and will therefore expand it to it's absolute broadest interpretation.
                              If abortion was declared to be illegal by the SCOTUS as they fear then it would not matter what the state laws said.

Comment

They're in panic mode, maybe?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X