Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller arrests Roger Stone (but who tipped off CNN?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And the sky could be blue.
    It's no big deal. CNN itself explains how it came to be there:

"The rare, dramatic video from CNN Friday capturing the early morning FBI raid of longtime Donald Trump confidante Roger Stone's Florida home was the product of good instincts, some key clues, more than a year of observing comings at the DC federal courthouse and the special counsel's office -- and a little luck on the timing".

"They were there staking out Stone because there was just enough evidence lurking in the special counsel's activity over the past week that CNN's team covering the Mueller investigation placed a bet that Stone could be arrested as early as Friday".

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/25/p...aid/index.html
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

The pertinant quote from my post is

"There is no evidence anywhere that could convince you it was anything other than a tip - right? So on to something else."

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
        It's no big deal. CNN itself explains how it came to be there:

"The rare, dramatic video from CNN Friday capturing the early morning FBI raid of longtime Donald Trump confidante Roger Stone's Florida home was the product of good instincts, some key clues, more than a year of observing comings at the DC federal courthouse and the special counsel's office -- and a little luck on the timing".

"They were there staking out Stone because there was just enough evidence lurking in the special counsel's activity over the past week that CNN's team covering the Mueller investigation placed a bet that Stone could be arrested as early as Friday".

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/25/p...aid/index.html
        Riiiiight. And that allowed them to pinpoint within the hour when a secret and unusual FBI raid was happening. As the saying goes, that doesn't pass the smell test. And, yes, this is highly unusual. Seriously, how many times in the FBI's history have they sent a heavily armed SWAT team to arrest a non-violent senior citizen for a process crime? Normally in these situations, the plaintiff is sent a notice asking him to turn himself in, so why would CNN show up within the hour with cameras rolling just in time for the morning shows? The most likely answer is that someone on the inside tipped then off with the intent of influencing public perception.

Of course this wouldn't be the first time the dirty cop leaked something...

https://nypost.com/2017/11/06/robert...-leak-problem/
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
          The pertinant quote from my post is

"There is no evidence anywhere that could convince you it was anything other than a tip - right? So on to something else."
          What evidence? CNN's explanation is vague and doesn't offer any specifics. You're far too gullible if you think this was just good journalism.

Based on everything we know, "tipped off by Dirty Cop Mueller" is the most likely explanation.

Comment

Hurry Ollie, get out the tin foil hats.

Comment

Source: Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump confidant Roger Stone may be accused of lying and tampering with witnesses, but it’s equally notable what he’s not charged with: colluding with the Kremlin in a grand conspiracy to help Trump win the presidency in 2016.

The Stone case is in some way reminiscent of Mueller prosecutions that have accused former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen of lying to Congress about his role in a Moscow real estate project; former White House national security adviser Michael Flynn of lying about his contacts with the Russia’s U.S. ambassador; and ex-campaign aide George Papadopoulos of lying about his knowledge that Russia had “dirt” on Clinton in the form of stolen emails.

In none of those cases did prosecutors say the things the defendants lied about were crimes themselves.

https://apnews.com/10b780d45d9e4c52b3546916347e2040

© Copyright Original Source

Somebody needs to bury this dead horse of an investigation before it gets any more rotten.

Comment

Based on everything we know, "tipped off by Dirty Cop Mueller" is the most likely explanation.
                Only for those who are prepared to take any wacko conspiracy theory to exonerate "dirty president Trump". Six down, only Jared, Pence and Trump to go.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

"Six down" ... for process crimes that only exist because Dirty Cop Mueller is on a witch-hunt to take down a duly elected President of the United States. It's disgraceful. Even the Associated Press, that bastion of liberal propaganda masquerading as a legitimate news source, has been forced to admit that "In none of those cases did prosecutors say the things the defendants lied about were crimes themselves."

I've explained how these things work when a prosecutor is trying to work his way up the food chain: first, you charge the small fish with the big crime, flip him in exchange for a lighter sentence, then use his testimony as evidence against the big fish. No competent prosecutor would allow one key witness after another to go down with a perjury charge because it destroys their credibility and makes easy work for the defense.

So that leaves us with two options: 1) Mueller is incompetent. Now I don't believe that. He's corrupt as hell, there can be no doubt, but I don't think he's incompetent; or 2) Nothing-burger process crimes that actually undermine his overall case are the best he's got after two-years.

And thems the facts, Jack.

Comment

"Six down" ... for process crimes that only exist because Dirty Cop Mueller is on a witch-hunt to take down a duly elected President of the United States.
                    Well the much respected Robert Mueller is certainly getting his witches.

As for the "duly elected president of the USA", the whole point of the investigation is to determine whether or not your "duly elected president" was helped into power by a hostile foreign power, namely Russia. It's sure looking that way.

It's disgraceful.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                      Well the much respected [ -MM] Robert Mueller is certainly getting his witches.
                      Yeah... process crimes, which is just about the weakest charge you can bring against the target of an investigation. If the dirty cop had anything worthwhile then we would have seen evidence of it by now in his indictments.

Comment

Yeah... process crimes, which is just about the weakest charge you can bring against the target of an investigation. If the dirty cop had anything worthwhile then we would have seen evidence of it by now in his indictments.
                        Process crimes, Ollie? Why do you think they are all lying to the FBI and going to jail for it? You should want Trump to be impeached just for hiring so many crooks in the first place. "I know all the best people," Ya right! Only a simpleton would think that his hiring a bunch of crooks was a mistake, and only a dope would continue to defend him.

Comment

What evidence? CNN's explanation is vague and doesn't offer any specifics. You're far too gullible if you think this was just good journalism.

CNN's explanation is they could tell an arrest was imminent and they determined to stake out Stones house over the next few days in the hopes of getting lucky.

If an arrest was imminent, and the CNN crew was planning on being there day in and day out for a few days to a week, they'd have gotten the scoop regardless of when it happened. There is nothing all that 'unlikely' about it.

As I said, if they are telling the truth, there is nothing on this planet that could convince you they are telling the truth, so the only way to make you happy would be for all of CNN's reporters to stop trying place themselves in the right place at the right time - in which case they'd lose there jobs because they weren't doing their jobs. So you, once again, are just that mocking, cynical, skeptical voice in the background encouraging suspicion, paranoia, and chaos in the world.

Jim
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Why do you think they are all lying to the FBI and going to jail for it?
                            Did you miss the AP story, Jimmy? Even they have been forced to concede that

"In none of those cases did prosecutors say the things the defendants lied about were crimes themselves."

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                              CNN's explanation is they could tell an arrest was imminent and they determined to stake out Stones house over the next few days in the hopes of getting lucky.

If an arrest was imminent, and the CNN crew was planning on being there day in and day out for a few days to a week, they'd have gotten the scoop regardless of when it happened. There is nothing all that 'unlikely' about it.

As I said, if they are telling the truth, there is nothing on this planet that could convince you they are telling the truth, so the only way to make you happy would be for all of CNN's reporters to stop trying place themselves in the right place at the right time - in which case they'd lose there jobs because they weren't doing their jobs. So you, once again, are just that mocking, cynical, skeptical voice in the background encouraging suspicion, paranoia, and chaos in the world.
                              Right, and what luck, huh? An almost unprecedented FBI raid on a non-violent senior citizen accused of a white collar crime. When has the FBI ever sent dozens of heavily armed SWAT officers into a similar situation? It's pretty much unheard of, so what "clues" did CNN use to stake out Stone's home within an hour of his arrest? Their sketchy narrative simply doesn't pass the smell test. William of Ockham would say the most likely explanation is that they were given inside information.

Comment

Did you miss the AP story, Jimmy? Even they have been forced to concede that

"In none of those cases did prosecutors say the things the defendants lied about were crimes themselves."

Yeah, so tell us then Ollie, if there were no crimes, what was the purpose of all their lying. People lie for a reason.
                                Last edited by JimL; 01-28-2019, 08:43 AM.

Comment