Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

MAGA caps: "we should pay attention to fear and not logic"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAGA caps: "we should pay attention to fear and not logic"

Take a look at this video of a peaceful discussion between a black man and white woman wearing MAGA hats and a white (assuming gender here) woman with a shaved head. After telling the black man that his hat is racist to many people she then tells him "but as a human being we should pay attention to fear and not logic."

Now I'm not trying to say that all liberals think this way but over the decades I've heard this sort of thing brought up a good number of them. The first time was when my 6th grade teacher (who later participated in several anti-War protests including the March on the Pentagon) said she didn't care about what we thought but rather what we felt.

Personally, I think we should always take the time to think before we act out based purely on an emotional level

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

I think she was high on something.

Comment

This was ultimately the problem that led me to break with the left. No one seemed capable of rationally debating anymore, or admitting that maybe they were wrong. They *felt* right at the time, logic and facts be darned. The worst was leftists who would justify violence against their "oppressors" because there was no way the oppressors would listen to them anyway... which they knew to be accurate because they'd never bothered to start a conversation or explain any of their reasoning. It's a terrifying mentality to witness, and nothing I ever want to support.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I think she was high on something.
        I think that's just an emotional response rather than a thoughtful one.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          I think that's just an emotional response rather than a thoughtful one.
          ...Says Tweb's village idiot.

Comment