Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pope says 'builders of walls' sow fear and divide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope says 'builders of walls' sow fear and divide

Of course, he says this from the safety of his own fortress surrounded by walls, and protected by his very own army(ies).
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Of course, he says this from the safety of his own fortress surrounded by walls, and protected by his very own army(ies).
    “Pope Francis’s, tear down this wall.”
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      “Pope Francis’s, tear down this wall.”
      I see where the liberals defend this by saying "Well, it's not a COMPLETE wall around the Vatican, and people can always come in the front door through St Peter's Square!"
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Who cares what the pope says anyway. I sure don't.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

How about a compromise? We can build walls and bridges. To get past the wall, you go over the bridge. The bridge takes you to the border patrol who helps determine whether you enter the states or cross back over that wonderful and beautiful and really remarkable bridge.
          Last edited by mikewhitney; 01-25-2019, 07:23 PM.

Comment

I see where the liberals defend this by saying "Well, it's not a COMPLETE wall around the Vatican, and people can always come in the front door through St Peter's Square!"
            Do they have time to do so while harassing Catholic school boys and attempting to destroy their lives in the court of public opinion for their thought crimes? Sounds like some of them have a pretty busy schedule to keep.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

While I am not a fan of the pope I think he is making fair points at times even if he fails to live up to all of them himself.

"This is the criteria to divide people: The builders of bridges and the builders of walls, those builders of walls sow fear and look to divide people. What do you want to be?"
              Overcoming these fears, he said, will require the church to do more than just welcome immigrants. Instead, he instructed his bishops to create dialogue "to help overcome fears and suspicions" that live in the imaginations of people.

On Friday, Francis visited to a youth detention center in Panama, where he warned that division creates an "invisible wall."

"This attitude spoils everything, because it erects an invisible wall that makes people think that, if we marginalize, separate and isolate others, all our problems will magically be solved," Francis said.
              https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/25/a...ama/index.html
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                While I am not a fan of the pope I think he is making fair points at times even if he fails to live up to all of them himself.
                I kinda like this assessment of the Pope --- a mortal man who can be somewhat of a hypocrite, but occasionally makes 'fair points'. Perhaps his time would be better served getting his own house in order.

Comment

I kinda like this assessment of the Pope --- a mortal man who can be somewhat of a hypocrite, but occasionally makes 'fair points'. Perhaps his time would be better served getting his own house in order.
                  To be mildly fair, the construction of vatican city is umm not very new. And this pope doesn't exactly ride in closed vehicles as opposed to previous popes.
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Charles loves it when Christians say something he agrees with, especially when he can rub it in the faces of other Christians. It make is job of trolling much easier.

The pope should perhaps not meddle in politics. One would think that, after 1,500 years of doing so, there would be institutional reason to know better.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

It is entirely possible that Charles and I also agree on ice cream flavors or pizza toppings.

Comment

It is entirely possible that Charles and I also agree on ice cream flavors or pizza toppings.
                        I like Pepperoni and Italian Sausage with extra cheese

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          As an ice cream flavor?

Comment

Right, all these elites who have round the clock armed security and live in gated protected communities...
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              We often buy the $3.00 Red Baron Extra Crispy Supreme frozen pizzas, then add pineapple chunks, black olives and bacon.

Comment