Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cerealman the conflicted one

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Cerealman the conflicted one

So as most you have probably known me since I was maybe 16ish or so when I joined this site one boring summer and I've now grown into the amazing CerealMAN.Since joining this site and growing up(22 now) I've become more and more agnostic and have for the most part lost faith in Christianity.
    Now for me personally it wasn't something like "oh he didn't answer me in my time of need",but more of a problem I see with Human history vs Biblical Human history. Basically how we all came to be and what not.

Not that this is recent or anything I've felt like this since basically going to college.I'm also more of an analytical person so for me I care more for the history than say a miracle(though I guess that is important in this aspect) in convincing me.

So there are a few topics I just wanna talk over:
    The accuracy of the jews being slaves in Egypt
    "The Earth is flat" even though honestly for me, this isn't a big one just something I'd like to know more on.
    The flood;this one for me I believe the writers were talking about a local flood which from their perspective could be seen as "global".

So yeah let's get to talking.If you're one of those gumpy folks regardless of where you stand, don't even bother commenting.
    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Turn back to Jesus, Cerealman.

It took me 40 years to find Jesus and I wish I had not wasted those years, don't let a few years of college and "I know everythingism" take your faith away.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerealman View Post
    So as most you have probably known me since I was maybe 16ish or so when I joined this site one boring summer and I've now grown into the amazing CerealMAN.Since joining this site and growing up(22 now) I've become more and more agnostic and have for the most part lost faith in Christianity.
    Now for me personally it wasn't something like "oh he didn't answer me in my time of need",but more of a problem I see with Human history vs Biblical Human history. Basically how we all came to be and what not.

Not that this is recent or anything I've felt like this since basically going to college.I'm also more of an analytical person so for me I care more for the history than say a miracle(though I guess that is important in this aspect) in convincing me.

So there are a few topics I just wanna talk over:
    The accuracy of the jews being slaves in Egypt
    "The Earth is flat" even though honestly for me, this isn't a big one just something I'd like to know more on.
    The flood;this one for me I believe the writers were talking about a local flood which from their perspective could be seen as "global".

So yeah let's get to talking.If you're one of those gumpy folks regardless of where you stand, don't even bother commenting.
    Always go back to the Cross, CerealMAN, and the death of Jesus and His resurrection. After all, even Paul staked his belief on the resurrected Christ. He pretty much said "If Christ isn't risen from the dead, we're all wasting our time and need to go home and forget this".

It's all about Jesus. If I didn't believe Jesus rose from the dead, I'd give up preaching in a heartbeat - I can make FAR more money doing computer consulting.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm rather analytical as well. Here is an article from Haaretz (which is not ever going to be confused for a conservative source) which speaks pretty well to your first question. One good point it raises, is, "Who would make up a story claiming they were descended from slaves?" I have no idea what you're going on about regarding a flat Earth. The flood could possibly have been a local event.
    Last edited by One Bad Pig; 01-28-2019 at 09:20 AM.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I'm rather analytical as well. [url=https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/were-hebrews-ever-slaves-in-ancient-egypt-yes-1.5429843[/url] is an article from Haaretz (which is not ever going to be confused for a conservative source) which speaks pretty well to your first question. One good point it raises, is, "Who would make up a story claiming they were descended from slaves?" I have no idea what you're going on about regarding a flat Earth. The flood could possibly have been a local event.
    The only time I see "flat earth" coming up in apologetics is when somebody refers to the Bible's "four corners of the earth" - even though virtually every compass on the planet shows the "four corners".

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The only time I see "flat earth" coming up in apologetics is when somebody refers to the Bible's "four corners of the earth" - even though virtually every compass on the planet shows the "four corners".
    If he's giving credence to sites which make hay out of that, he needs to become rather more analytical of his sources.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Here is some evidence of the Hebrews being mentioned by Egyptians:

https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/...-yes-1.5429843

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merneptah_Stele

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Always go back to the Cross, CerealMAN, and the death of Jesus and His resurrection. After all, even Paul staked his belief on the resurrected Christ. He pretty much said "If Christ isn't risen from the dead, we're all wasting our time and need to go home and forget this".

It's all about Jesus. If I didn't believe Jesus rose from the dead, I'd give up preaching in a heartbeat - I can make FAR more money doing computer consulting.
    Scripture Verse: I Corinthians 15:14, ESV

And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain.

© Copyright Original Source

Scripture Verse: I Corinthians 15:17, ESV

And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Scripture Verse: I Corinthians 15:14, ESV

And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain.

Scripture Verse: I Corinthians 15:17, ESV

And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.

Yup -- interesting that "the crux of the matter" (the most important thing) is from the Latin word for "Cross". It's all about Jesus, crucified, buried and risen again.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    If he's giving credence to sites which make hay out of that, he needs to become rather more analytical of his sources.
    Absolutely agreed - but I'd suggest focusing on the vitally important, and leaving "Did Adam and Eve have bellybuttons" type questions for later.

11. Amen Rushing Jaws amen'd this post.