Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    That pretty much leaves you with... umm... well...

ME!
    K. Can you meet the paperwork deadline or no?
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
      I can't be bothered to get my rompem clad self down off my penny-farthing and put down my locavore knish to comment.
      I'm not even certain that's English.

As for who I'll vote for, I'll look at the options when the field solidifies, but it may well be that Donald Trump will again be the least bad choice and the only Republican with a real chance of winning (assuming anybody runs in the primary against him).
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

K. Can you meet the paperwork deadline or no?
        Paperwork? We doan need no stinkin' paperwork.

I nominate myself emperor...
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I'm not even certain that's English.

As for who I'll vote for, I'll look at the options when the field solidifies, but it may well be that Donald Trump will again be the least bad choice and the only Republican with a real chance of winning (assuming anybody runs in the primary against him).
          Oh I'm pretty sure that is a foregone conclusion, MM.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Oh I'm pretty sure that is a foregone conclusion, MM.
            We'll see. It's far too early to make any predictions.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Paperwork? We doan need no stinkin' paperwork.

I nominate myself emperor...
              The rogue06-Sparko presidency will mean limitless bacon for everyone in that we'll devote our resources into using roguetech technology to clone it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                The rogue06-Sparko presidency will mean limitless bacon for everyone in that we'll devote our resources into using roguetech technology to clone it.
                A Carpe emperorship will mean nothing for anyone because I don't need your stinking votes. I'm an emporer! That means limitless power - and absolute cool...

Comment

I'll probably not vote for the nakedly immoral Donald Trump. And likewise, I'll probably not vote for whatever Cloud-Cuckoo-Lander the Democrats run. For minor parties, I'll probably not ever vote for anyone with repellent anti-labor politics (the majority of libertarians), and I'll never vote for anyone with even the slightest brimstone whiff of Dominionism reeking off of them (the majority of "Christian" parties).

I can't be bothered to get my rompem clad self down off my penny-farthing and put down my locavore knish to comment.
                  oh no. were you one of those bussed in to vote for hillary last presidential election?

Comment

I'll probably not vote for the nakedly immoral Donald Trump. And likewise, I'll probably not vote for whatever Cloud-Cuckoo-Lander the Democrats run. For minor parties, I'll probably not ever vote for anyone with repellent anti-labor politics (the majority of libertarians), and I'll never vote for anyone with even the slightest brimstone whiff of Dominionism reeking off of them (the majority of "Christian" parties).
                    So... Green Party, then?

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                      So... Green Party, then?
                      The last green candidate was an anti-vax half-wit. I have to add that to my list of non-negotiable issues.
                      Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                        oh no. were you one of those bussed in to vote for hillary last presidential election?
                        I think I voted for the Mormon last time--McMullen? Hillary's win of Illinois electoral votes was guaranteed no matter what I or anyone else did.
                        Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

And you promised me flying cars. 2020 is the future and the future has to have flying cars.

Comment

Let's vote for the one who dated a 60 year old married man who rewarded her... services... with a government position...
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The last green candidate was an anti-vax half-wit. I have to add that to my list of non-negotiable issues.
                              I didn't know the Green party even knew what a Vax is! (or was).

Comment

I didn't know the Green party even knew what a Vax is! (or was).
                                Hmm... The big shame was that Stein was a physician of some sort.
                                Save me, save me"

Comment